Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal

Moonwalker

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 26, 2012
    Belgrade, Serbia

This trailer could and must be done better. I am vaper and as I'm watching it I know what's this about and still I miss focus on e-cig. Yes, there are mentioned but it's not absolutely celarly pointed out.

I can see how this would look as a classic anti-smoking campaign to people not relaed to this matter and a lot of them would miss the point of it all.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 24, 2013
    Hollywood (Beach), FL
    If I didn't really adore vaping as much as I do, I think I'd take up the pipe and cigar again. Rather favor the tobacco growers who remain than the tab industry cartels who betray them today. So truly regret giving the BT brand I favored so much damned money through the years. I see the ugly specter of gov sanctioned iQOS and BT/China hegemony upon us. The best of all worlds for them…cheap labor and high-priced gov sanctioned proprietary tech that immortalizes institutionalized taxation neutrality. We are played by our own shallow indifference and call it progress. What a pity for all of us.

Good luck all. :(

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2013
    This trailer could and must be done better. I am vaper and as I'm watching it I know what's this about and still I miss focus on e-cig. Yes, there are mentioned but it's not absolutely celarly pointed out.

I can see how this would look as a classic anti-smoking campaign to people not relaed to this matter and a lot of them would miss the point of it all.

I definitely see where you're coming from...

Having seen the film, I can tell you this:

It's purpose is not to be a pro-vaping film.

It's a film that documents the decades of corruption and evils perpetrated by Big Tobacco companies around the world.

It shows how closely these death merchants are linked to their partners in crime, Big Pharma, and how the two have conspired to quash choices that would save lives...vaping being one of them.

So, when the trailer doesn't focus on vaping, that's why. The film is not trying to promote vaping as its main goal. It simply illustrates the enemies that vaping has, and sheds light on the evil of those enemies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    ... The film is not trying to promote vaping as its main goal. It simply illustrates the enemies that vaping has, and sheds light on the evil of those enemies.

I think this is a Very Good summation of what this film Is. And what it Isn't.

:thumb:

Reactions: MacTechVpr

Moonwalker

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 26, 2012
    Belgrade, Serbia
    @HBcorpse ty for clarification.

But with all this happening mainly (for now) in the USA, maybe it should be provaping movie. Of course, the biggest concern is who is targeted with thi movie and what are the expectations.

Having in mind that we have anti-smoking campaigns so, so long, and they statisticaly didn't give alomost none results and also well known facts about connection between big business and politics, this would be just another movie with same problem in the middle of the story but from different angle.

Every ex-smoker knows how it's hard to leave smoking. I am pretty sure that I would never left it I wasn't introduced to the e-cig. That's the reason why I believe that it would be better if it was provaping movie. Problems must be dealt from bottom and then going up. It would be better and more efficient to first take as many people of cigarettes as possible and then even if nothing could be changed in business- politics malversations, at least more people will have longer and healthier lives.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2013
    @HBcorpse ty for clarification.

But with all this happening mainly (for now) in the USA, maybe it should be provaping movie. Of course, the biggest concern is who is targeted with thi movie and what are the expectations.

Having in mind that we have anti-smoking campaigns so, so long, and they statisticaly didn't give alomost none results and also well known facts about connection between big business and politics, this would be just another movie with same problem in the middle of the story but from different angle.

Every ex-smoker knows how it's hard to leave smoking. I am pretty sure that I would never left it I wasn't introduced to the e-cig. That's the reason why I believe that it would be better if it was provaping movie. Problems must be dealt from bottom and then going up. It would be better and more efficient to first take as many people of cigarettes as possible and then even if nothing could be changed in business- politics malversations, at least more people will have longer and healthier lives.

I agree with everything you're saying, minus one point.

The movie isn't solely pro-vaping, and isn't based on the USA.

The same evils we have in America are, often times, even worse in other countries.

This film is a wake up call to all anti-Big Tobacco/Big Pharma people, and to those who don't know how evil these groups are.

Did you know one of the biggest tobacco companies in the world is owned and operated by the Chinese government?

If you think American Big Tobacco essentially owning the US government is bad, imagine if the US government owned the largest tobacco company in the nation.

That's how sick these issues are, worldwide.

That's why this film has such a broad scope.

Yes, vaping is practically a miracle to smokers who have used it to quit...but there are other ways to quit.

And beyond the ways to quit, the message is that there should be less power and governmental pull in the hands of these companies.

They're illustrating the sinister amount of power these corporations have over their governments...which is why people are basically condemned to die from smoking, and even prescription drug use.

Having the film be pro-vaping would be too small a scope for their goal in this film.

They don't have a target audience.

This film is more like turning on the lights over the dark corners of the evil and greed that dwells within BT/BP/BG.

It's a worldwide message. It has premiered all over the world.

In fact, after seeing it, the Prime Minister of New Zealand called for an immediate halt on their recent regulations on vaping.

I am of the opinion that it can be called a success, exactly as it is.

------
    On another note, if you have Internet/Netflix, find a documentary called "Prescription Thugs"

It gives another great angle of a similar story, geared more towards Big Pharma, and rooted more in the US...but still lights up a more complete picture of what is going on.

Moonwalker

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 26, 2012
    Belgrade, Serbia
    I hear you. :)

I meant what's happening in the US regarding vaping regulations now days. Regarding big companies, it can be worse than state owning one. There are some companies which practicaly own some countries, that's even bigger problem.

Maybe my problem is that as yeara pass and I'm getting older I am less optimist in things changing except some big revolution (in full sence of the meaning) happens.

I remember movie Zeitgeist couple a years ago. It was watched by many, in a lot of countries they were even showing in on national TV channels, it caused a lot of thinking and got a lot reactions. And after a year it was forgotten like it was never ever made.

It's hard to get to the people. Ones who want to be educated (in real meaning of that word, not just having some school diploma) or to know more, they will anyway. Problem is the majority which is ignorant. People who need just little money in their pocket, nice gizmos in their home and good cable tv... and if programs hit to the primary urges, even better.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 24, 2013
    Hollywood (Beach), FL
    The laws are too numerous and their adverse intent so easily camouflaged or are outright political poison pills. Too confusing in their seemingly baffling purposes and so the public is jaded by a sense of hopelessness. Case in point…do Trump's stay of reg's now reverse accommodations to the industry by the FDA's changes in guidance AFTER the main rule got under the wire to be exempt from such exec orders?

The law and process is being used against the public will and interest. The facts unclear and purposely so that authority and privileged discretion rule rather than either of the preceding. We're trying to fix a rotten bucket people. We need to extract vaping from tobacco legislation or remain forever mired in this artful misdirection.

Good luck all. :)

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    ... Case in point…do Trump's stay of reg's now reverse accommodations to the industry by the FDA's changes in guidance AFTER the main rule got under the wire to be exempt from such exec orders?

Why not take it a Step Further. How Binding is the Memo Priebus sent anyway?

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 24, 2013
    Hollywood (Beach), FL
    @HBcorpse… It would be better and more efficient to first take as many people of cigarettes as possible and then even if nothing could be changed in business- politics malversations, at least more people will have longer and healthier lives.

That's the mission Moon, that's the plan that can. G'luck. :)

Reactions: Moonwalker
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread