Tuesday May 10th community events

Status
Not open for further replies.

Von Vape

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2016
But wait.....there's more!!!
That's just at the STATE level. If & WHEN that takes effect, the Boroughs (we don't have Counties here) can then enact their own taxes. Our borough's current tax on top of the states tobacco tax is 100%!!!
That's why I say NONE of this has ever been about ANYTHING BUT MONEY! A second bite at the "tobacco tax", a revenue stream that is evaporating as we speak! The FDA, our Federal, State & Local "officials" can "smoke & mirror it" all they want with every kind of rhetoric we've all heard. Plain & simple, MONEY!

Just a "heads up", all you other states had better keep a REALLY close eye on your legislature. I doubt that ANY will pass up a second bite at the apple! ;) As I said, "our" legislature was in special session to TRY and resolve a nearly 5 BILLION dollar deficit but rest assured as soon as your legislatures return to "work" they're going to do the same thing. It's a license to pick your pockets and THEY WILL!!!

:cool: Von vape :cool:

Von Vape

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2016
Never mind...
Not sure what this means. Curious though...............
At any rate, I did hear back from my State Rep. (also the co- chair of the Finance Committee) Friday evening. Here's the "E";
Von,

Sorry I didn’t get back to you sooner. We have had thousands of emails and I apologize for letting it slip through the cracks. I apologize. I still don’t believe this bill will go any further. I spoke with the Governor last week in my office and told him directly that it did not have the votes to pass out of committee and move out. I agree that there should not be a tax on vaping.

Thanks again for your note Von,

Mark

Let's just say I'm "cautiously optimistic". :unsure: :nun: :unsure:

Carry On!
:cool: Von Vape :cool:

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
NYC
I'll probably get in trouble for this but can someone get this to the director of the BL movie or members that have live shows on the web...
Food for thought, Here in NYC one company celebrates and advertise Vape is Here!! Meanwhile all other company's that sale anything vape related are under attack by FDA...Is vape good for some and not for all? Is it that the FDA wants to steal and force the industry into the hands of doctor's to replace their failed methods of the past for a fast buck....Its obvious they don't give a rat's jazz about quality control or the person...The FDA knows this company very well and they probably know they are offering and giving its patients an ego battery as a reliable delivery system. Really? So a vaporizer being sold at a vape shop is going to be categorized as a tobacco product. The ego is an outdated dangerous vaporizer that we used to vape nicotine long ago. so what do they meticulously categorize this ego device to the med insurance company's, for how much?
This outdated unreliable crap cost $3.00 Now and here it is being offered for medical use..Really?

[Image removed]

We can't say our products have medical advantages, which they do! We can't say it helped us quit smoking, which they did!, we can't say it's a smoking sensation device, which it isn't....

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Von Vape

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I'll probably get in trouble for this but can someone get this to the director of the BL movie or members that have live shows on the web...
Food for thought, Here in NYC one company celebrates and advertise Vape is Here!! Meanwhile all other company's that sale anything vape related are under attack by FDA...Is vape good for some and not for all? Is it that the FDA wants to steal and force the industry into the hands of doctor's to replace their failed methods of the past for a fast buck....Its obvious they don't give a rat's jazz about quality control or the person...The FDA knows this company very well and they probably know they are offering and giving its patients an ego battery as a reliable delivery system. Really? So a vaporizer being sold at a vape shop is going to be categorized as a tobacco product. The ego is an outdated dangerous vaporizer that we used to vape nicotine long ago. so what do they meticulously categorize this ego device to the med insurance company's, for how much?
This outdated unreliable crap cost $3.00 Now and here it is being offered for medical use..Really?

[Image removed]

We can't say our products have medical advantages, which they do! We can't say it helped us quit smoking, which they did!, we can't say it's a smoking sensation device, which it isn't....

Yeah, that is for {Other stuff} and I had to remove the image as it mentions what is in it, in the ad picture.

Sorry!

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Robino can clean up the post, but the image is still the one displayed for the thread on Tapatalk :)

This'll probably clear the image from TT:
17c89822355531c5d4cc65c555ffcbc6.jpg

Sowwy it's not on topic :D

Reactions: Hulamoon

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Do we really know yet what is going to happen when the regs go into affect soon?
Short answer is no.
What we do know is what COULD happen in the long term.

Okay, well, that's not entirely true.

We do know some things that will happen in the short term starting on August 8th.
What we don't know is what enforcement efforts will be undertaken.

Also, what we don't know is what other shenanigans the FDA will pull going forward.
Remember, these deeming regulations are a "foundation" to build upon.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Do we really know yet what is going to happen when the regs go into affect soon?

Barring a Legal Injunction, the Aug 8th 2016 requirements are unchanged.

As to What Effect and to How Many Retailers will be Effected? We will Not have long to wait to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread