Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncletattoowhat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
Poquoson, VA
I've messed with a few different builds in mine. My last build that I ran for a week was a dual 24ga SS316L but it was getting way too hot. Currently the one I have been running successfully is a dual twisted 26ga 2.5mm ID 6wrap around a 0.4ohm. Running it on my 110w DIY box mod at around 3.8-4.0v (about 35-40w) and it is WARM and FLAVORFUL. I prefer a warmer vape so its perfect for me. The reduced chamber and airflow really helps me not have to run crazy huge coils to get the heat I like.

Reactions: victor6er

johndoe1027

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2014
NC, USA
Yesterday I did Twisted 26ga duals, 2.4mm, 5/5 wraps at about 0.2 ohms. It's rocking in both departments. Had to swap the drip tips on my atlantis and derringer though since this build is pretty hot. Chain vaping would scorch my lips with the stubby DT. That's the only drawback. Might try 28ga twisted at 0.35ish next time so I can go back to the stock DT.

TorontoOntario

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2014
Canada
I love the Derringer. I haven't got that excited about an RDA since the v2 Tugboat came out. I have been doing a .2 24g and the flavor is just fantastic, the clouds are good to if your into that. I have two others and one has a regular old .5 ohm 28g build. I am not a fan of it but my room mate uses it and he loves it. The vape is really to cool for me. The one I rock the most though, the build I LOVE in this little guy is a parallel 24g .25. I keep grabbing my mech topped with this one rather then the regular .2 24g. The flavor is really noticeably diffrent. If you want GREAT flavor I would say try out that build. The clouds are good to, nothing thats going to win a competition but there pretty decent. Where it shines is in the flavor department, warm, thick and dense plumes of flavorful vapor. It kicks in sooo fast to, I press the button take a 1.5 (roughly) second draw and its perfect. If I take a longer draw like a five second draw it really puts out the clouds. All in all I like the parallel build the best. I have really been enjoying parallel builds lately.

Mrez

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New Jersey, United States
I just got mine not to long ago, and I had a dual 24 gauge at .24 or so. It was very good, but very hot, to hot with my ss drip tip. I'm waiting on a delrin tip before I put it back in. Right now I'm running dual 26 gauges in the .4 range and it a very nice warm flavorful vape. Good to see some other set ups though, I may end up having to get another one just to run different builds.

Verb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Eastern, PA, USA
I had a 27guage twisted with 30gauge, 2mm ID, 5 wraps. Incredible flavor.

I built my first quad coil this morning. 27gauge, 2mm ID, 5wraps. Still only opening 2 out of three airholes. Vapes pretty great.

image.jpg

Libbydude

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2012
Idaho
I expected great things from mine. If I lay my expectations aside its a great atty. Running a single 1.5 ohm 28 awg coil. I don't like to go through gallons of juice to get my flavor. Oddly enough, I experienced an improvement in flavor by using the drip tip that came with my patriot knock off. Then again I don't care to have the top cap of my atty's so close to my lips. Maybe my favorite drip tip is magic.

Reactions: MDCollegeVamo

kartoffelfaust

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2015
USA
single coil 3x30awg twisted. ~.75ohm @ 25 watts. air holes all open on one side, closed off on the other.
great flavor and decent vapor. Not a cloud chasing setup, but works for me. My clone didn't come with a drip tip so I just use the one from the tugboat v2 till I find something better.

I'd build dual coils, but the darn thing gets hot enough as it is when chain-vaping on a single coil.

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
Just got my Tobeco clone yesterday. Threw a single 2.5mm twisted 29ga@1.0 ohms in it. Only running it at 16-18w and its got plenty of clouds and flavor for me. Couldn't get the coil centered so it sits at like a 45 degree angle but luckily I can line the airholes up. Can't mouth to lung it like my Magma, but with the airflow, lung hits don't hurt unlike the Magma heh.

snow blind

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
PA
Does anyone have both the Marquis and the Derringer? I have a Marquis and think it's pretty awesome. I'm interested in trying the Derringer out but would like opinions on if you think it's worth it. TIA

I own both and i love both for different reasons.

The Marquis is basically the new Magma where as the Derringer is the new Tobh. The Marquis delivers superb flavor and nice vapor density whereas the Derringer provides a more "raw" flavor and vapor with everything being more immediate and close to the coils. Much more airflow on the Derringer. The Marquis can be a little restrictive.

That said i prefer my Derringer for fruit and cereal juices and my Marquis for desert vapes.

I expected great things from mine. If I lay my expectations aside its a great atty. Running a single 1.5 ohm 28 awg coil. I don't like to go through gallons of juice to get my flavor. Oddly enough, I experienced an improvement in flavor by using the drip tip that came with my patriot knock off. Then again I don't care to have the top cap of my atty's so close to my lips. Maybe my favorite drip tip is magic.

I run almost the same build, that being that I use my patriot drip tip haha other than that I vape my Derringer at about .35 ohm dual 28 ga with a 5/6 wraps on a 5/8 bit

johndoe1027

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2014
NC, USA
I run almost the same build, that being that I use my patriot drip tip haha other than that I vape my Derringer at about .35 ohm dual 28 ga with a 5/6 wraps on a 5/8 bit
5/64 bit?

I think my current Derringer build is parallel 28ga duals, 7 wrap, 7/64" at about 0.3 ohms. With my Orchid drip tip it's great. I use my Derringer drip tip on my Atlantis now.

Libbydude

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2012
Idaho
Feels like i made that post over a year ago. Things change quick. I believe i was weening myself off the kayfun.

Anyway, the Derringer and ST mini are the only toppers I have been using for a couple months now. Both suit my needs perfectly.
I don't have much time to fiddle with coils so long parallel set ups are a no go. It's simply a ..... to get the coils centered up correctly without mangling them when in a hurry. I gave up on contact coils as well. They perform better but not enough for me to take the time to dry burn every few days.
Have been using simple 2.5mm 5 wrap 26 awg duals in the derringer. My ipv reads it as 0.3. I've also began to favor 26 awg for general use over 28 awg. Keep the 28 around just in case I decide to roll with the kayfun again.

I like my derringer so much that (other than an impulsive and regretted aromamizer purchase) I have pretty much stopped obsessing over new RDA's. Still gotta get the marquis though.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Feels like i made that post over a year ago. Things change quick. I believe i was weening myself off the kayfun.

Anyway, the Derringer and ST mini are the only toppers I have been using for a couple months now. Both suit my needs perfectly.
I don't have much time to fiddle with coils so long parallel set ups are a no go. It's simply a ***** to get the coils centered up correctly without mangling them when in a hurry. I gave up on contact coils as well. They perform better but not enough for me to take the time to dry burn every few days.
Have been using simple 2.5mm 5 wrap 26 awg duals in the derringer. My ipv reads it as 0.3. I've also began to favor 26 awg for general use over 28 awg. Keep the 28 around just in case I decide to roll with the kayfun again.

I like my derringer so much that (other than an impulsive and regretted aromamizer purchase) I have pretty much stopped obsessing over new RDA's. Still gotta get the marquis though.
I've never tried spaced coils. I've heard they reduce coil gunk and some even say they improve flavor. Honestly I never realized you could do dual spaced coils; dunno why...

I may try that exact build soon :)

Reactions: Libbydude
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread