Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
Lets not forget that it's way way better than smoking but it's also important to know what's in the stuff we vape and if there are any potential health concerns, so we as consumers can make an informed decision.

This is it. The vendors whom appear to be "hiding something" are taking heat - we just took a different path is all... we *know* the disclosures we make costs us LOTS of business... but we make them, because we believe consumers deserve a choice. That's really the nuts and bolts of it. I know in my heart of hearts if I stopped vaping I would relapse to cigarettes. Since vaping is no more or no less harmful than cigarettes, the choice seems easy - I do it to save money. LMAO Cigarettes are expensive - I'll take a cheap fix all day long ;)

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
This is why we love Clark above and beyond the juice and zotz and CS and family. He takes his role in our heath EXTREMELY SERIOUSLY and I remember one time he said "One day I hope to see you all move on from vaping even if it means I don't see you anymore. I just want you off smoking and eventually off vaping because your long term health is important to me. I'd rather have to close my business because there are no more smokers OR vapers than hook all of you for life." (Not a direct quote but that was the gist...)

Like a good therapist, I will perpetually work at getting all of you to the goals you choose. If you choose to employ vaping as a vehicle to quit nicotine all together, I believe my role is to support that. If you have *no* aspirations of quitting vaping, but just want to quit cigarettes - I support that too. If you continue to smoke cigarettes but want to cut back on the number of cigarettes you smoke - I am all for that, also. Matter of fact, if you just want to chain-smoke cigarettes and never try vaping - I'll support you in your decision - after all, technically, it's no better or worse than vaping. LMAO

Only you know where you came from, and only you can choose your destination. I don't lead so much as I encourage you to seek the truth, and make decisions accordingly.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
Not happening brother :) i sincerely appreciate your stance here and encouraging/hoping your customers eventually stop vaping. not me buddy - will go to the grave holdin my REO, loaded with NT, probably containing diketones

I always loved smoking, but hated it. I loved smoking for that companion that's always with me, for taking a break to step outside and let everything else rest for a moment, for the physical act and sensation of smoking, for "resetting" or "preparing" for the next step in my day. Or for "enjoying" a relaxing moment more. I love vaping - and don't hate it. The things I hated are not present, at all - except for maybe the diketones being potentially harmful. but, to the grave i go with it - that in and of itself isn't a big enough deal to me to ever quit vaping. I do hope, along with you, that not everybody feels the same i do about it. but i can't describe what vaping is any better than perhaps to say, it is my companion, my friend. the physical act alone - then, yes, i love nicotine - and yes, i cannot imagine life without Wakonda, Got Cookie, Virus, Frenilla, and CLS.

sincerely Clark thank you for the advice you give, the transparency your company has, and the hope that we will one day stop being customers. I think that is awesome and partly why I love NT so much. i will single handedly try to keep you in business forever---LMAO

I know I'm probably going to die a vaper, too - but I am okay with that. It's better to burn out than fade away, regardless. :) At this point, what time am I hoping to gain - a few extra years drooling allover myself in a nursing home? :)

I can totally identify with that love/hate relationship I had with smoking. I felt guilty for cheating myself (and my loved ones) out of time they might have spent with me... in the past (when I would crawl out the back door for a nail), or in the future (due to a pre-mature death). I really *do* enjoy vaping, and based on purely anecdotal evidence - I think I feel better as a result of making the transition... BUT - I can't make a definitive statement like that as a business person because of (obvious) liability issues. My role, if I have one, is to discourage you from taking anyone's opinion at face value and encourage you to make whatever decision is best for you.

Every day a football player takes the field knowing a single hit could leave him paralyzed, but he does it anyway...

Every day mothers give birth to children despite the fact that it puts those same mothers at elevated risk of a wide variety of physical and emotional maladies (love you, ladies - y'all are the true givers)

Every day men and women undertake risks - nothing in life is certain or guaranteed - the best we can hope for is to make reasonable effort to ensure the moments that accumulate are meaningful, and that when we do go, they say "John lived a good life." Then, what will really matter?

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
Kent, love your juice. Just got my first order a few days ago. Nice to see you take the advice of a good lawyer. Maybe you'll be around a while. LOL

PS: What about those Zots? Can you speak to their safety? I felt a bit of a burning in my mouth. LMAO

LMAO - my lawyer has advised me to say that Zotz are every bit as dangerous as Tootsie Rolls, because despite the fact that both contain no fat, they do contain sugar... and consuming sugar is definitely bad. /digs through the bucket looking for a Blue Raspberry HAHAH

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
I know I'm probably going to die a vaper, too - but I am okay with that. It's better to burn out than fade away, regardless. :) At this point, what time am I hoping to gain - a few extra years drooling allover myself in a nursing home? :)

I can totally identify with that love/hate relationship I had with smoking. I felt guilty for cheating myself (and my loved ones) out of time they might have spent with me... in the past (when I would crawl out the back door for a nail), or in the future (due to a pre-mature death). I really *do* enjoy vaping, and based on purely anecdotal evidence - I think I feel better as a result of making the transition... BUT - I can't make a definitive statement like that as a business person because of (obvious) liability issues. My role, if I have one, is to discourage you from taking anyone's opinion at face value and encourage you to make whatever decision is best for you.

Every day a football player takes the field knowing a single hit could leave him paralyzed, but he does it anyway...

Every day mothers give birth to children despite the fact that it puts those same mothers at elevated risk of a wide variety of physical and emotional maladies (love you, ladies - y'all are the true givers)

Every day men and women undertake risks - nothing in life is certain or guaranteed - the best we can hope for is to make reasonable effort to ensure the moments that accumulate are meaningful, and that when we do go, they say "John lived a good life." Then, what will really matter?

oh me too - the cumulative hours spent outside in -35 degree weather smoking cigs while my partner was inside with no reason to go stand out in the cold and smoke a cig. the thought that one day i may leave her and everyone else in my life earlier than i would have because of a smoking related death. it's intolerable - and thankfully, in the past. and thankfully my partner doesn't mind plumes of NT floating around the kitchen, or in the bedroom at night, or in the car while we're driving - she enjoys the smell a lot and even vapes with me sometimes. an unbelievable transition.

then also - to hike without my chest hurting, to run without premature exhaustion, to vape while i work and not worry about the innkeeper smelling like an ash tray when greeting new guests - success

no wheezing at night or smokers cough

vaping has changed my life. NT made it more than possible :)

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
oh me too - the cumulative hours spent outside in -35 degree weather smoking cigs while my partner was inside with no reason to go stand out in the cold and smoke a cig. the thought that one day i may leave her and everyone else in my life earlier than i would have because of a smoking related death. it's intolerable - and thankfully, in the past. and thankfully my partner doesn't mind plumes of NT floating around the kitchen, or in the bedroom at night, or in the car while we're driving - she enjoys the smell a lot and even vapes with me sometimes. an unbelievable transition.

then also - to hike without my chest hurting, to run without premature exhaustion, to vape while i work and not worry about the innkeeper smelling like an ash tray when greeting new guests - success

no wheezing at night or smokers cough

vaping has changed my life. NT made it more than possible :)

It's an honor and a privilege to be in the passenger seat brother... one foot in front of the other, right?

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
We lump them all together - diketones are diketones. To us, they all carry an elevated risk profile. Matter of fact, we take it one step further...

1) there is no such thing as safe vaping
2) there is no substitute for clean fresh air
3) for purposes of liability, consider all vaping to be as harmful as smoking cigarettes - flavored or unflavored, doesn't matter

We don't make statements like...

"Vaping is safer than cigarettes"
"This flavor is safer than that one"
"Vaping is in any way safe."

Matter of fact, I am telling you - I hope you stop vaping because NOT VAPING is definitely healthier than VAPING.

Should be posted on every juice maker's bottles---well said..Dead Horse Beaten...Thanks for the clarification, Kent.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
Should be posted on every juice maker's bottles---well said..Dead Horse Beaten...Thanks for the clarification, Kent.

no dead horse at all, if you had the question I am sure others do, also... keep in mind (and Dr. F will confirm this) - I am no scientist, I am no chemist... most all vendors fit the same description. I move forward with the best of intentions, trying to be as fully transparent with regard to disclosing the possibility of increased risk. I believe we fulfill that mission - but don't think I do that totally selflessly - I get a good nights sleep knowing I did my part to educate people about the risks and ensuring that they are adequately informed about the continuum of risk that is in play.

I'd be happy to have a private conversation about what's going on with Pip, but in the brief conversations I have had with her personally, I can say with relative confidence that she has peoples best interest at heart just like I do. In my experience with her, she's every bit as approachable as I am - hit her up, I am sure she'll chat - she's good people.

In the end, I don't think it's a stretch to say "Analog cigarettes are the leading cause of preventable death on the planet Earth - even if eCigs are only 1% safer, that's lots of lives we saved." I think it's imperative that we reach that conclusion before we delve into the details about the contents - but at present, the FDA won't even allow me to concede that vapor is even 1% safer than smoke - and that's sad.

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Arvada, CO
When it comes down to it I can say with absolute certainty that vaping IS healthier than smoking FOR ME. I have all my doctors confirming this, I feel it myself. I can't say this about anyone else. I can only say, "Hey, give it a try and see what you think." Other than that I can make no other claims other than NT's juice is the best I've tried. Everything else I'll leave to the scientists...just as long as they are using good science. I HATE the bad science running rampant in the popular thought processes. Yes, we all need to have further investigations scientifically. Yes we need more true knowledge about this baby we are part of...could grow up to be an angel or a demon, only time and true scientific experimentation will tell.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
When it comes down to it I can say with absolute certainty that vaping IS healthier than smoking FOR ME. I have all my doctors confirming this, I feel it myself. I can't say this about anyone else. I can only say, "Hey, give it a try and see what you think." Other than that I can make no other claims other than NT's juice is the best I've tried. Everything else I'll leave to the scientists...just as long as they are using good science. I HATE the bad science running rampant in the popular thought processes. Yes, we all need to have further investigations scientifically. Yes we need more true knowledge about this baby we are part of...could grow up to be an angel or a demon, only time and true scientific experimentation will tell.

Holds up for me too MKR - I listen to my body - something is going better than it was, and I'm good with that. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread