The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Did I get the wrong product? Vaping Comeback!

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Gahau, Oct 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Gahau

Gahau Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 1, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Guys,

I have been vaping since the early days of ecigs =)
    I have stopped about a year or 2 ago and I am making a comeback!
    I have always been interested in getting one of those fancy box mods, but back then they were 200+
    So I recently picked up a Vaporesso Luxe. I am a MTL kind of guy... I know that box mods like the Luxe are primarily for DTL.

What can I do to use the Luxe in a MTL capacity? Change the settings? Use a different Vaporesso coil?

Thanks!

• Like Like x 5
  2. Beamslider

Beamslider Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    The Tank used is far more important. Get a tank designed for MTL vaping

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Sugar_and_Spice

Sugar_and_Spice ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Hello. Welcome back. A battery is a battery. It doesn't care if MTL or DL. That depends on the tank you use. You could try a different coil for the tank you have or put any other tank on this mod. Totally your choice.

:)

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Gahau

Apr 1, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Cool!
    I like to keep all my equipment under the same brand! what do you guys recommend for MTL Tank? Does Vaporesso makes one? If not what is now these days the best MTL?

I have been out of the game so long, I have no clues what people are talking about these days! Variable this variable that, Video of people puffing like they are Gandalf from LOTR, dude all I need is my nic fix hahaha.

Reason I picked the Luxe, is it looks cool and I like the tank that comes with it looks like they made LOTS of improvements since I stopped vaping.
    Now... Can I use the Tank/Coil that comes with it in a MTL capacity or I need to get a brand new Tank

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Beamslider

Beamslider Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    • Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Sugar_and_Spice

Sugar_and_Spice ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    If you have the tank that came with the kit, I believe it also takes any of the GT coils. Look up the tank and gt coils on google. I don't use this system so I am unfamiliar with it.

:)

• Like Like x 5
  7. brewbear

brewbear Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 9, 2017
    Vaporesso Drizzle with the 1.3 ohm ceramic EUC coils will work.

• Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Punk In Drublic

Punk In Drublic Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    Agree with @Sugar_and_Spice – the mod its self is not exclusive to DTL use. It has adjustable output so with the correct coil and or atomizer it will be more than capable for MTL use. Low wattage with a dual battery mod = great battery life.

The Vaporesso GT Core coils will fit the Skrrr tank. They do make a 0.5 Ceramic coil (called cCell) that can be operated between 25 and 35 watts. The coil is more restrictive than the usual DTL coils. I have used it as a MTL coil. The airflow of the tank can be adjusted to be more restrictive, however, the drip tip is proprietary so finding a more restrictive MTL style drip tip may be a challenge. Given the price of admission (just the cost of the cCell coils) it maybe worth a try.

As for MTL atty’s….I’ll let those who use them more chime in and give recommendations.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Eskie

Eskie ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2016
    NY
    You might want to look at the Zenith tank as well. It seems to be the cool kid on the block these days for mtl with a drop in coil. There's a thread in the clearo section here about it. Innokin Zenith MTL tank--Phil Busardo

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. stols001

stols001 Moved On ECF Veteran

May 30, 2017
    I had no clue Vapresso had an above sub0hm tank I always thought their wheelhouse was sub0hmn vaping I'm almost curious enough to want to try it, at some point. I like their mods.

In any case, @Eskie has given you a good place to start for a newer MTL tank. I kind of want to say that tank is the MTL drop in tank of the year. They're really great.

And yes, you can use your boxmod at whatever wattage you desire, and yes, if you get around to wanting to try TC vaping at any point you can do that as well.
    Welcome back to vaping,
    Anna

• Like Like x 3
  11. Gahau

Apr 1, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Okok...
    I went a little crazy.
    Got the Luxe as I said... And got the following in addition.

- Some GT Ccell to go with the SKKR tank.
    - Got the Vaporesso Orca Solo, clostest thing to what I know.
    - Also got the Vaporesso Zero... I just learned what nic salt were...

Let’s get back to vaping!

Last time around I was getting some health “side effects” let’s see if I get those again...

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Eskie

Eskie ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2016
    NY
    Good luck! Hope the gear works out for you. If you're not satisfied remember there are many other options available. And the mod is compatible with all the solutions you may look for.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Gahau

Apr 1, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Yup! Thanks Eskie, Yeah that was my hope, I like the Luxe, it looks so cool, but I am a MTL guy.
    I just didnt want to chase and comb thru hundreds upon hundreds of products =(

• Like Like x 2
  14. tailland

tailland Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 11, 2018
    Germany
    Get a Joyetech ProC1-S coil or a Carrys U2 coil. Those are dedicated MTL coils for BB compatible tanks.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. untar

untar Vaping Master

Feb 7, 2018
    Germany
    I don't understand this brand fixation, that's not how you find a tank that fits your personal needs.
    Good luck anyways ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Gahau

Apr 1, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    OCD

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. Gahau

Apr 1, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    I found some Joyetech ProC1-S. Can I just put those in the SKKR tank that comes with the Vaporesso Luxe, Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  18. tailland

tailland Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 11, 2018
    Germany
    If your tank uses one of these
    ... and the product page says it uses the GT Ccell, then the C1S should fit your tank as well.

And as Punk In Drublic said, the GT CCell coil might be vapable as MTL as well. Just try it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. ScottP

ScottP Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    BEFORE you buy anything else, I would first try to swap the drip tip for one with a more narrow bore from one of your old tanks and then close off the air flow control so only a small amount of air is allowed in, AND turn down the power just a bit and see what that does for you. It could be that you don't have to buy anything else.

In my experience using a narrow bore tip and closing off the airflow you can get at least a somewhat MTL vape off of nearly anything. For a short time I borrowed a Baby Beast which is definitely NOT an MTL tank, and doing this I was able to MTL with it.

If you don't have a narrow bore drip tip, I can suggest some metal ones from Fasttech for like $1-$2 each. Let me know if you need the suggestions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. Gahau

Apr 1, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Sure i would love the suggestions! I don’t have any of my old gear. And I have tried a lot of them hahaha

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.