Did I get the wrong product? Vaping Comeback!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gahau

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Guys,

I have been vaping since the early days of ecigs =)
I have stopped about a year or 2 ago and I am making a comeback!
I have always been interested in getting one of those fancy box mods, but back then they were 200+
So I recently picked up a vaporesso Luxe. I am a MTL kind of guy... I know that box mods like the Luxe are primarily for DTL.

What can I do to use the Luxe in a MTL capacity? Change the settings? Use a different vaporesso coil?

Thanks!

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Guys,

I have been vaping since the early days of ecigs =)
I have stopped about a year or 2 ago and I am making a comeback!
I have always been interested in getting one of those fancy box mods, but back then they were 200+
So I recently picked up a Vaporesso Luxe. I am a MTL kind of guy... I know that box mods like the Luxe are primarily for DTL.

What can I do to use the Luxe in a MTL capacity? Change the settings? Use a different Vaporesso coil?

Thanks!
Hello. Welcome back. A battery is a battery. It doesn't care if MTL or DL. That depends on the tank you use. You could try a different coil for the tank you have or put any other tank on this mod. Totally your choice.

:)

Gahau

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Cool!
I like to keep all my equipment under the same brand! what do you guys recommend for MTL Tank? Does Vaporesso makes one? If not what is now these days the best MTL?

I have been out of the game so long, I have no clues what people are talking about these days! Variable this variable that, Video of people puffing like they are Gandalf from LOTR, dude all I need is my nic fix hahaha.

Reason I picked the Luxe, is it looks cool and I like the tank that comes with it looks like they made LOTS of improvements since I stopped vaping.
Now... Can I use the Tank/Coil that comes with it in a MTL capacity or I need to get a brand new Tank

Reactions: Heartsdelight

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Cool!
I like to keep all my equipment under the same brand! what do you guys recommend for MTL Tank? Does Vaporesso makes one? If not what is now these days the best MTL?

I have been out of the game so long, I have no clues what people are talking about these days! Variable this variable that, Video of people puffing like they are Gandalf from LOTR, dude all I need is my nic fix hahaha.

Reason I picked the Luxe, is it looks cool and I like the tank that comes with it looks like they made LOTS of improvements since I stopped vaping.
Now... Can I use the Tank/Coil that comes with it in a MTL capacity or I need to get a brand new Tank
If you have the tank that came with the kit, I believe it also takes any of the GT coils. Look up the tank and gt coils on google. I don't use this system so I am unfamiliar with it.

:)

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Agree with @Sugar_and_Spice – the mod its self is not exclusive to DTL use. It has adjustable output so with the correct coil and or atomizer it will be more than capable for MTL use. Low wattage with a dual battery mod = great battery life.

The Vaporesso GT Core coils will fit the Skrrr tank. They do make a 0.5 Ceramic coil (called cCell) that can be operated between 25 and 35 watts. The coil is more restrictive than the usual DTL coils. I have used it as a MTL coil. The airflow of the tank can be adjusted to be more restrictive, however, the drip tip is proprietary so finding a more restrictive MTL style drip tip may be a challenge. Given the price of admission (just the cost of the cCell coils) it maybe worth a try.

As for MTL atty’s….I’ll let those who use them more chime in and give recommendations.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I had no clue Vapresso had an above sub0hm tank I always thought their wheelhouse was sub0hmn vaping I'm almost curious enough to want to try it, at some point. I like their mods.

In any case, @Eskie has given you a good place to start for a newer MTL tank. I kind of want to say that tank is the MTL drop in tank of the year. They're really great.

And yes, you can use your boxmod at whatever wattage you desire, and yes, if you get around to wanting to try TC vaping at any point you can do that as well.
Welcome back to vaping,
Anna

Gahau

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Okok...
I went a little crazy.
Got the Luxe as I said... And got the following in addition.

- Some GT Ccell to go with the SKKR tank.
- Got the Vaporesso Orca Solo, clostest thing to what I know.
- Also got the Vaporesso Zero... I just learned what nic salt were...

Let’s get back to vaping!

Last time around I was getting some health “side effects” let’s see if I get those again...

tailland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2018
Germany
I found some Joyetech ProC1-S. Can I just put those in the SKKR tank that comes with the Vaporesso Luxe, Thanks!
If your tank uses one of these
GT2 Kanthal 0.4 Ω: 40 - 80W / Best 55 - 65W
GT4 Kanthal 0.15 Ω: 30 - 70W / Best 45 - 60W
GT6 Kanthal 0.2 Ω: 40 - 100W / Best 70 - 90W
GT8 Kanthal 0.15 Ω: 50 - 110W / Best 60 - 80W
GT CCell SS316 Clapton w/ Ceramic 0.5 Ω: 15W-40W
... and the product page says it uses the GT Ccell, then the C1S should fit your tank as well.

And as Punk In Drublic said, the GT CCell coil might be vapable as MTL as well. Just try it.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
BEFORE you buy anything else, I would first try to swap the drip tip for one with a more narrow bore from one of your old tanks and then close off the air flow control so only a small amount of air is allowed in, AND turn down the power just a bit and see what that does for you. It could be that you don't have to buy anything else.

In my experience using a narrow bore tip and closing off the airflow you can get at least a somewhat MTL vape off of nearly anything. For a short time I borrowed a Baby Beast which is definitely NOT an MTL tank, and doing this I was able to MTL with it.

If you don't have a narrow bore drip tip, I can suggest some metal ones from Fasttech for like $1-$2 each. Let me know if you need the suggestions.

Gahau

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2009
Atlanta, GA
BEFORE you buy anything else, I would first try to swap the drip tip for one with a more narrow bore from one of your old tanks and then close off the air flow control so only a small amount of air is allowed in, AND turn down the power just a bit and see what that does for you. It could be that you don't have to buy anything else.

In my experience using a narrow bore tip and closing off the airflow you can get at least a somewhat MTL vape off of nearly anything. For a short time I borrowed a Baby Beast which is definitely NOT an MTL tank, and doing this I was able to MTL with it.

If you don't have a narrow bore drip tip, I can suggest some metal ones from Fasttech for like $1-$2 each. Let me know if you need the suggestions.
Sure i would love the suggestions! I don’t have any of my old gear. And I have tried a lot of them hahaha

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread