Disgusting Treatment of Member!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Douggro

Ultra Member
Nov 26, 2015
Seattle, WA
I too have modded several boards in the past and it is no fun, thankless and typically puts a big target on your back.
And it's a role they take on willingly, even with knowledge aforethought of the difficulties. Sympathy only runs so far in that regard.

Surf Monkey

Cartel Boss
ECF Veteran
May 28, 2009
Sesame Street
It is a thankless Job if anyone is going into that position to be praised is delusional. I mod in a hunting forum & you are correct it is not easy at all. but you must be consistent & fair. The Problem is some mod's (not saying here on ECF) some get the notion that they are playing GOD & if they don't like you look out! I respect the fact that SmokeyJoe is taking the Brunt of the hits & protecting his staff. I home the folks in the engine room thank you for that!

"Consistent and fair."

Notice the key words.

If staff is inconsistent and unfair is it still honorable to defend them?

Katmar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pa
Ah well, I'm an unrelenting optimist. She has a LOT of friends here, and I think under the right circumstances, anything is possible. Never say never. Mistakes happen, and if they're acknowledge as such, a lot of feelings can change.

She has said "under no circumstances" and that's why I said what I did. I didn't say NEVER...:)

Surf Monkey

Cartel Boss
ECF Veteran
May 28, 2009
Sesame Street
And it's a role they take on willingly, even with knowledge aforethought of the difficulties. Sympathy only runs so far in that regard.

I'm in complete agreement. My sympathy ends when there's blatant inconsistency and a lack of meaningful communication.

In the OUTSIDE people (not just me) keep getting moderated for literally nothing while a bunch of other members post racist, bigoted and sexist things every day. Things that are explicitly forbidden in the OUTSIDE specific rules, while concurrently moderating people for things that have nothing to do with said rules.

You're all angry about Roxy. But she's not the only one.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
The Nazi's blindly followed a leader. Something we see often in the good ol US of A.
Just that none of our leaders have been quite as bad as Hitler.

So do democrats, however Nazis did a lot worse.
You only see kids throwing that term around loosely because they don't understand it.

All that said, unless you are an owner, we are all guests in ECFs house.
If you act the fool, or piss on the carpet you will be asked to leave.
This isn't a democracy.
Conduct yourself as a guest in someone else's house and you will be fine.
Just like in real life.

As far as the Roxy fiasco, I wouldn't want someone hanging a sign on my front door without my permission whether you make money from it or not.

If you start shilling for any company here you will get banned.
Your income/compensation is irrelevant.
Advertising is advertising, and it's how the forum pays it's bills.

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
Now, I'm not saying that's what's happened in this case, but that's the backdrop to the current situation. The money that suppliers pay to register ($50/year) pays for our full-time suppliers administrator (it's her job!!) to help steward suppliers, and this is done SOLELY to protect the membership.

It costs $50 a year for suppliers to register? Sweet Moses man, how can anyone possibly come up with that amount? It's the Everest of finances! Oh wait, a paper boy could come up with that. I'm actually surprised it's so little.

Hitcat44

mere Pawn in Game of Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
marlon_brando_stella_yell.jpg

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Just my :2c:, But
1) I see where the Process of Elimination may once again be in need of modification
2) Having Lost Roxynoodle regardless of final decision is a Tragic Loss to the Forums as a Whole.

I agree 100% with Rules to conduct ourselves as responsible Adults. Those are the kind of people that do not need to use Derogatory Remarks to make their point. and can battle opposing opinions without the need for disgusting name calling.

I Agree there is a need to keep Shills and Business suppliers out of the main stream of the forum. This avoids a massive clutter and war of power Sales From happening in every thread.

*** I Have Not been able to understand - From Day One - Why any Forum approved Seller is incapable of having a Personal account and offering Personal opinion and Experienced advice within the forums.
Yes there is a fine line they may be required to walk, but that line should be in place to avoid a Loss of Quality Knowledge Especially in a time when Knowledge is becoming more and more important.

It would even make sense to have a Warning system, rather than insta-Ban for possible infringement, allowing the opportunity to understand what, if any - Grey Area - may have been Crossed.
This would at least allow for ADVANCED Understanding and Possibly avoid an Intellectual loss to the Community at Large.

Lastly, but Most importantly:
Should this thing get turned around........I would Most Strongly ask that Roxy consider the People She has Helped and Could continue to Help.
(Regardless of quick Decision making) *Give consideration to People in need.

People Join Daily - Looking for HELP
People Are what ultimately Matter................SAVING LIVES
Membership is what People become to get here and ask for HELP
Rules are what we agree to to GET and GIVE Help

Family is what PEOPLE Become, when they Spend time Helping Each Other.

USACelt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
Desert Southwest
It costs $50 a year for suppliers to register? Sweet Moses man, how can anyone possibly come up with that amount? It's the Everest of finances! Oh wait, a paper boy could come up with that. I'm actually surprised it's so little.

I felt the same, The small amount leads Me to believe as stated before there is much more to the underling story

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Never said it was restricted to one party or even to political leaders only.
Again the "Nazi" word is only used by people whose lives were not directly affected by them.
It's an insult to those who have endured, and shameful to even suggest a forum moderator in the same light.
Some people obviously have a lot to learn.
Educate yourself.

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
Just my :2c:, But
1) I see where the Process of Elimination may once again be in need of modification
2) Having Lost Roxynoodle regardless of final decision is a Tragic Loss to the Forums as a Whole.

I agree 100% with Rules to conduct ourselves as responsible Adults. Those are the kind of people that do not need to use Derogatory Remarks to make their point. and can battle opposing opinions without the need for disgusting name calling.

I Agree there is a need to keep Shills and Business suppliers out of the main stream of the forum. This avoids a massive clutter and war of power Sales From happening in every thread.

*** I Have Not been able to understand - From Day One - Why any Forum approved Seller is incapable of having a Personal account and offering Personal opinion and Experienced advice within the forums.
Yes there is a fine line they may be required to walk, but that line should be in place to avoid a Loss of Quality Knowledge Especially in a time when Knowledge is becoming more and more important.

It would even make sense to have a Warning system, rather than insta-Ban for possible infringement, allowing the opportunity to understand what, if any - Grey Area - may have been Crossed.
This would at least allow for ADVANCED Understanding and Possibly avoid an Intellectual loss to the Community at Large.

Lastly, but Most importantly:
Should this thing get turned around........I would Most Strongly ask that Roxy consider the People She has Helped and Could continue to Help.
(Regardless of quick Decision making) *Give consideration to People in need.

People Join Daily - Looking for HELP
People Are what ultimately Matter................SAVING LIVES
Membership is what People become to get here and ask for HELP
Rules are what we agree to to GET and GIVE Help

Family is what PEOPLE Become, when they Spend time Helping Each Other.

It's really hard, is the honest answer - we've tried some of the suggestions you make over the years, and it's basically just a resources issue. The mods simply cannot steward behaviour.

You know, we removed the permissions-restriction on suppliers posting outside of strict areas a few years' back, and a supplier threatened to sue us because he "accidentally posted where he wasn't previously able to and, having had a head injury, lacks impulse control" therefore we were responsible and discriminating against him because of his disability.

So, yeah, that's the sort of stuff we have to manage.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Again the "Nazi" word is only used by people whose lives were not directly affected by them.
It's an insult to those who have endured, and shameful to even suggest a forum moderator in the same light.
Some people obviously have a lot to learn.
Educate yourself.
Ohh I am not saying they did not do horrible things.
But I have studied Hitlers Rise to power and see paralells still existing today in that apsect of Nazism.

I have seen no Nazi's on here.

KentA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2015
Adirondack Mountains
Ah well, I'm an unrelenting optimist. She has a LOT of friends here, and I think under the right circumstances, anything is possible. Never say never. Mistakes happen, and if they're acknowledge as such, a lot of feelings can change.
I've apologized for mistakes.
A sincere apology is usually gratefully accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread