DNA Zero Box Mod...Cloned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamandre

ECF Veteran
May 5, 2014
I have been after this box mod for a long time now, but could not afford a $400.00 price tag. I just found out the the creator of the mod made by Malaysian/Philippine modder Carlos Pang of Carlos Creations are now listing these at $1000.00 WOW!!! You may have to wait if you want the original cuz their is a 500 person waiting list. If I have the prices wrong, please correct me.

(This picture is of the original.)

Well I think my wait is over. I just got word that the clone has been made by a chinese company called Yosen Technology. They are also offering a number of different sleeves as well, sold separately. I real, real want one or two, I think I can afford to modify it with a authentic Evolv dna-40 chip.

Here is the very first review of the Zero DNA30 Box Mod clones:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5_xJ3FBc5c&list=UUS8t92Dsq4wkQz_LONjh2cA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmoxlP0Du68&list=UUS8t92Dsq4wkQz_LONjh2cA

Want one?
wink.gif

Jam

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Rude and disruptive

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Thank you for that helpful, meaningful and insightful post. The detailed list of flaws and malfunctions was extremely helpful. The pictures, were as usual, outstanding.
In other words, :censored: off.

Now Nikkita6 on the other hand, posted a detailed and informative review, also addressed vaping Shoza's video, discussed the possibility of Infinite selling the Zero Modz clone under their own label and called into question the originality of Carlo's Zero Modz design. Read about it here: Zero Modz Clone Review | Vaping Cheap

Exactly , i heard the clone was excellent actually .

dravell

Jul 29, 2014
United States
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Rude and disruptive

Jamandre

ECF Veteran
May 5, 2014
A lot of people are very exited about this clone mod and with Shoza's review even more so. Thank you dravell for the info of your sample. I'm sure no harm was meant, we are just so hungry for more info on the mod, me included.

I should be receiving my sample soon as well. I hope that Yosen has made all the tweaks it needed to do before they ship out or else I'll have to do a "Shoza" on it.:p

dravell

Jul 29, 2014
United States
Since this was intended for use with only flat top batteries, which flat tops were you using?

Edit: ...and how does a sandblasted finish wear off?

VTC5, Samsung 25R, LG HE2...

And I actually thought it was almost a faux sandblast at first when I thought it had worn...but after looking really closely the finish wasnt wearing like I had originally thought. It just gets extremely dirty to the point of looking and feeling as if it worn off. So that isnt really a manufacturing issue.

The saving grace is the bottom plate can be sanded down a bit for the batteries, and I dont think switching a legit DNA into it will be very hard.
I actually dont mind the switch like Shozza hated, but the chip in these (at least on mine) really, really sucks.

edit: I dont know if the other people with these have pointed it out yet, but the little adjustment tool DOES come out, its not glued in like originally thought.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread