SX Zero 50w Clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

dravell

Jul 29, 2014
United States
Since the V2 of the dna Zeros dont seem to be working out, was going to grab the 35w SX Zero, but just saw the 50w SX Zero pop up on FC, in stock and at the US warehouse for $80 so kind of hard to say no.
Anyone have these in hand (or the 35w SX)? I know the cloned Yihi SX300 in it has gotten pretty decent reviews on the tubes but I havent seen much on the 50w from Hotcig.
I will say though, I like this version more than the Yosen, since it has real wood and the polished cover looks better IMO.

dravell

Jul 29, 2014
United States
From what im hearing (from people who have both the Yosen and this), this SX version has a better overall build quality and much better chip. I *really* didnt like my Yosen V1, was pretty much unusable, the build was okay on it and the 510 was alright but the chip just made it a paperweight. Sent it back and got the V2 which had a wobblier 510 and still garbage chip, so its being relegated to a DNA40 transplant.
Ive heard nothing but great things about this 50w SX version, except one person who I have zero faith in their "review".
Should be here this week coming up so I'll let you guys know how it is.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
does your V2 fire straight out of sleep, or is there a delay?

Mine has a slight delay. The power is accurate. 510 is fine. Just the same inaccurate ohm reading that the v1 had.

Going to run it for awhile to be sure the chip is its only problem. And if it holds up, put in a DNA40.

dravell

Jul 29, 2014
United States
My 50w SX came in two days early, have been vaping it all day and gotta say, overall I am very impressed with the performance of this chip. Whether its a clone of the 50w version of the SX300 or authentic, performance wise I cant tell. Cant speak for longevity obviously but im confident this will last.
Ill take some TRMS Fluke readings when I get a chance but just from vaping it I can tell its on point all the way up to 50w.
The battery indicator does show as .1ish high but thats a bug I was aware of before purchasing, as FC has it posted on the page.
I like the real wood inside instead of the synthetic in my Yosens. The 510 setup is LEAGUES better than the Yosen. Basically a FDV 510.
Very happy with this purchase, at $82 I think its a looker and performer, and for that, Ive got no complaints.

yjvd4.jpg

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
In a perfect world I would like a 50w zero with spring loaded 510, step down and up and down buttons. not really a big fan of the G sensor versions...

Its going to take some getting used to. How much you want to bet I'm going to accidentally change my setting on a regular basis :laugh:

dravell

Jul 29, 2014
United States
question: does it fire straight out of sleep mode?

Yes, immediately.

is there a way to disable to gravity settings on this mod? i'm torn between an sx mini, ipv mini and this zero clone...

If its in the budget, the SX Mini is really, really nice. Definitely an all around better device, build quality is top top notch, awesome chip, good features, etc.

Tonight im either ordering the Variant clone or the SX Mini, once I held my friends Variant clone I wanted one, thing is crazy nice, but the board is WAY overpowered at lower settings. On the other hand 60w on the Mini is juuuuuust under my ADV @ 70-75ish watts so im torn. Both are the same price, Mini will probably retain value a lot better and is a more realistic device to use.

edit: Screw it got the SX Mini

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread