The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

SX Zero 50w Clone

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by dravell, Dec 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. dravell

dravell Super Member

Jul 29, 2014
    United States
    Since the V2 of the DNA Zeros dont seem to be working out, was going to grab the 35w SX Zero, but just saw the 50w SX Zero pop up on FC, in stock and at the US warehouse for $80 so kind of hard to say no.
    Anyone have these in hand (or the 35w SX)? I know the cloned Yihi SX300 in it has gotten pretty decent reviews on the tubes but I havent seen much on the 50w from Hotcig.
    I will say though, I like this version more than the Yosen, since it has real wood and the polished cover looks better IMO.

2. cough

cough Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 7, 2013
    Ukraine
    to bad that fc have it only for usa customer, i also waiting for it,

3. roxynoodle

roxynoodle Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    What are they saying about the Yosenv2? I have one on the way due to a defect on my v1 (exchanged it).

4. cough

cough Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 7, 2013
    Ukraine
    btw yosen now run v3 version of zero dna clone

5. roxynoodle

Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    Well, my v2 came today. The resistance still reads 0.2 ohm less than it should, but it seems accurate on the power.

6. dravell

dravell Super Member

Jul 29, 2014
    United States
    From what im hearing (from people who have both the Yosen and this), this SX version has a better overall build quality and much better chip. I *really* didnt like my Yosen V1, was pretty much unusable, the build was okay on it and the 510 was alright but the chip just made it a paperweight. Sent it back and got the V2 which had a wobblier 510 and still garbage chip, so its being relegated to a DNA40 transplant.
    Ive heard nothing but great things about this 50w SX version, except one person who I have zero faith in their "review".
    Should be here this week coming up so I'll let you guys know how it is.

7. tot31

tot31 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 7, 2013
    Malaysia
    I have been using my Yosen Zero v2 for more than 2 weeks now. The power is accurate so as the 510. Dropped it 3 times from a waist height and yet it still performs very well.

8. nelsonm64

nelsonm64 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 27, 2013
    Kelowna, B.C.
    does your V2 fire straight out of sleep, or is there a delay?

9. roxynoodle

Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    Mine has a slight delay. The power is accurate. 510 is fine. Just the same inaccurate ohm reading that the v1 had.

Going to run it for awhile to be sure the chip is its only problem. And if it holds up, put in a DNA40.

10. tot31

tot31 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 7, 2013
    Malaysia
    It has a slight delay (not that much compare with my ZNA clone with an authentic Evolv's DNA30) but that does not bother me.I really like this chip better than the DNA30 because it has step down capability.

11. dravell

dravell Super Member

Jul 29, 2014
    United States
    My 50w SX came in two days early, have been vaping it all day and gotta say, overall I am very impressed with the performance of this chip. Whether its a clone of the 50w version of the SX300 or authentic, performance wise I cant tell. Cant speak for longevity obviously but im confident this will last.
    Ill take some TRMS Fluke readings when I get a chance but just from vaping it I can tell its on point all the way up to 50w.
    The battery indicator does show as .1ish high but thats a bug I was aware of before purchasing, as FC has it posted on the page.
    I like the real wood inside instead of the synthetic in my Yosens. The 510 setup is LEAGUES better than the Yosen. Basically a FDV 510.
    Very happy with this purchase, at $82 I think its a looker and performer, and for that, Ive got no complaints.

[​IMG]

12. nelsonm64

Apr 27, 2013
    Kelowna, B.C.
    question: does it fire straight out of sleep mode?

13. roxynoodle

Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    Its going to be my next regulated mod I think, but it will likely be a few weeks.

14. nelsonm64

Apr 27, 2013
    Kelowna, B.C.
    In a perfect world I would like a 50w zero with spring loaded 510, step down and up and down buttons. not really a big fan of the G sensor versions...

15. roxynoodle

Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    Its going to take some getting used to. How much you want to bet I'm going to accidentally change my setting on a regular basis :laugh:

16. Afcarmona

Afcarmona Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 18, 2014
    Las Vegas NV USA
    is there a way to disable to gravity settings on this mod? i'm torn between an sx mini, ipv mini and this zero clone...

17. roxynoodle

Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    The sx mini is leagues above the other two :). If you are only getting one and can afford it, get the sx mini.

18. dravell

dravell Super Member

Jul 29, 2014
    United States
    Yes, immediately.

If its in the budget, the SX Mini is really, really nice. Definitely an all around better device, build quality is top top notch, awesome chip, good features, etc.

Tonight im either ordering the Variant clone or the SX Mini, once I held my friends Variant clone I wanted one, thing is crazy nice, but the board is WAY overpowered at lower settings. On the other hand 60w on the Mini is juuuuuust under my ADV @ 70-75ish watts so im torn. Both are the same price, Mini will probably retain value a lot better and is a more realistic device to use.

edit: Screw it got the SX Mini

19. SteamHead

SteamHead Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL, USA
    Did anyone else get one of these in their hands yet? I'd really like to find a sleeve for it in copper or brass, but I wasn't sure if the ones out there would fit this model. Would it be possible to make one, and how hard would it be?

20. roxynoodle

Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    Paint or wrap the one that comes with it :). I think I'm going to paint the original Yosen one copper and wrap the sx one in red carbon fiber when I get one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.