SX Zero 50w Clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Yea... I saw your post about it while I was looking around for a new mod. Figured it was a one off thing but it seems like Hotcig definitely has some issues going on with what they're producing. I'm doing my best to steer my friends away from them now. (Which sucks, because I was raving about the mod when I first received it.)

So was I. And talked one of my friends into one. Of the 3 I've bought, only one is still here. One set on fire, and my wood one wasn't usable due to the 510.

ZeroOhm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
UK
I have to say after the agreement ended and FT could sell the Yosen SX there by far better than the Hotcigs. I have seen about half a dozen now 1 was OK the rest were inconsistant the SX Hero is a bit patchy fit, 510, screen.

I wouldn't even power up a new Hotcig without checking the soldering and wiring first! Terrible overall build quality and much harder to fit a SX350 in those than the Yosen ones.

The SX300C boards were cheap and a bit iffy like the incorrect battery voltage at full charge.

ZeroOhm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
UK
Here's one I got from FT at the beginning of January I had a couple like this when I opened them up. Of course yours maybe OK with good soldering but with almost everything from China you roll the dice!

ba94b0606786dac54056ca89aaea275c.jpg

44900afc3bd3619512f40325ab5ca779.jpg

0952c94090cf10388f03a56a2aad4533.jpg

Batara72

Mar 26, 2015
Croatia
I got my Yosen 50W today. I got it at focalcig. It seems like the chip is crap. I am running a Kayfun Lite Plus at 1.7 ohms. It doesn't matter how many watts I set it to, I don't see a difference. I get the same amount of vapor at 10 and at 50W. I also tried a quad coil at 0.6 ohm and set the mod to 50W and it takes 8 seconds for the coils to light up. I tried on my friends Mini SX at 50W and it lit up in 2-3 seconds.

Can anyone tell if this is an original chip?

jrhcpKN.jpg

Last edited:

ZeroOhm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
UK
I got my Yosen 50W today. I got it at focalcig. It seems like the chip is crap. I am running a Kayfun Lite Plus at 1.7 ohms. It doesn't matter how many watts I set it to, I don't see a difference. I get the same amount of vapor at 10 and at 50W. I also tried a quad coil at 0.6 ohm and set the mod to 50W and it takes 8 seconds for the coils to light up. I tried on my friends Mini SX at 50W and it lit up in 2-3 seconds.

Can anyone tell if this is an original chip?

jrhcpKN.jpg
There was an early report on a Hotcig unit with exactly the same fault. Seems as you said a bad chip. You could fit a SX350 but the USB/data board will need some work to fit.

https://youtu.be/ylREoHXLEIw

Batara72

Mar 26, 2015
Croatia
There was an early report on a Hotcig unit with exactly the same fault. Seems as you said a bad chip. You could fit a SX350 but the USB/data board will need some work to fit.

https://youtu.be/ylREoHXLEIw

Bad chip or fake chip?

If I'm not mistaken that hotcig unit had a hotcig clone chip.... mine is SUPPOSEDLY an original yihi

Last edited:

ZeroOhm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
UK
Batara sorry for not replying ECF doesn't seem to work too well with Tapatalk :(

I haven't done the Yosen I pulled it apart to look the 350 board is longer and from the looks of it will fit. The main problem is the USB/Data board these have more depth than the 300 boards.

I don't have the time and motivation to fit the 350 right now but I do plan to do so as I have 3 brand new 350 boards.

If you attempt it please post pics the 2 Yosen SXs I have both have genuine YiHi boards and unlike Roxy and yourself haven't seen a 300 board fail yet.

ZeroOhm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
UK
I don't actually know if my fire was the board or wiring or a solder joint. I've gotten no feedback from Hotcig or Yihi on the cause.
I doubt you will but that's how it goes still these cheap clones have been several hundred percent more reliable than evolv, I was talking to a 20 a month mod builder last week received 20 boards 10 were dead!

Reactions: roxynoodle

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I doubt you will but that's how it goes still these cheap clones have been several hundred percent more reliable than evolv, I was talking to a 20 a month mod builder last week received 20 boards 10 were dead!

Tell me about it. I have 2 dead DNA40s and Evolv will not replace. So they have lost me as a customer from now til forever. As for my sx300 Zero, no questions asked for getting a refund. Now mind you, I haven't yet heard of a DNA chip setting on fire, but I don't know that the Yihi chip was the issue. It was probably poor build quality on the part of Hotcig.

At any rate, I'll only be buying Yihi chips for my homemade mods from this point on. I've gotten better cs from the Chinese. When a product is defective, I expect a replacement or refund. Very sad I can't support an Ohio company when I live in Ohio, but they aren't supporting their customers.

ZeroOhm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
UK
Tell me about it. I have 2 dead DNA40s and Evolv will not replace. So they have lost me as a customer from now til forever. As for my sx300 Zero, no questions asked for getting a refund. Now mind you, I haven't yet heard of a DNA chip setting on fire, but I don't know that the Yihi chip was the issue. It was probably poor build quality on the part of Hotcig.

At any rate, I'll only be buying Yihi chips for my homemade mods from this point on. I've gotten better cs from the Chinese. When a product is defective, I expect a replacement or refund. Very sad I can't support an Ohio company when I live in Ohio, but they aren't supporting their customers.

Not good Roxy! and there is me thinking they were looking after domestic customers :( I actually had to fix 2 boards myself and that involved replacing some surface mount components which I would not want to do again! There is a whole storm going on with Yihi and accusations there temp protection just doesn't work. Its still a better option for me I could never trust a DNA40 board I tried but all faith in any reliability has gone and after spending over $2000 on boards and mods nobody could accuse me of not trying!

The SX300C boards were cheap which possibly could explain the failure rate I am a bit edgy on using them after various reports but never seen a SX350 fail in fact i have just bought today another 350 custom made 3D printed box mod with a Samsung 25R for $65 which is a steal.

832c4a8a70749f5e1e74ca3b1ab21114.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread