Status
Not open for further replies.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
I haven't been active here for quite some time and not sure where to post this, but here goes anyhow.

I've been making and vaping NET's for a few years now, and love them. However, I've decided to abandon the effort, due to a couple of reasons.

Rather than simply dumping them down the drain, I'd rather give them to someone who would enjoy them. I have around 6L made, at 10% extract. All are 6mg/ml (Vapers Tek) and either 70/30 or 60/40. (It would be simple to add more nicotine if you vape at a higher strength.) I also have enough extract to make another 6L. I used the Alcohol heat extraction process, strained and coffee filtered, and freeze filtered with a 2 micron filter.

Flavors are, Old Joe, Virginia Flake, Dunhill Elizabethan, Mississippi River, Mississippi Mud, LA Red, Ryunjin, Virginia Spice, and one or two others.

If anyone in the Denver to Northern Colorado area would like these, send me a PM. I also get to the Springs from time to time and will be there sometime next month.

Sounds interesting. There used to be a P.I.F. section on the ECF, but I don't know if that is still open.
Maybe you could post the e-liquids and the extracts in the Classifieds (?) as free, but buyer pays shipping ?
Most of your flavors are a little much for me, although I do enjoy LA Red and Virginia Spice (which I have on hand).
And if mailing extracts or e-liquids makes you nervous, just list them as non-flammable liquids, described as "Aroma Oils". I do it all of the time. Even to foreign countries !

Robbert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016
    I have some pressed burley cake soaking in pga at about 150 degrees Fahrenheit.
    It’s a natural tobacco with no casings added and has a slight sweet nutty flavor with a hints of Carmel for aroma.
    I’ll let it soak until tomorrow in heat then maybe a week at room temperature.
    Has anyone doing extractions tried HHV extracts?They have a few blends that have some good earthy tobacco flavor even during inhale I can taste the organic earthy tobacco flavor.
    I almost want to say chewing tobacco may have more releasable flavors if it’s not full of sugars.

Reactions: Dani77

Rickb119

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 20, 2013
    Greeley, CO, USA
    Maybe you could post the e-liquids and the extracts in the Classifieds (?) as free, but buyer pays shipping ?
    Too much time and effort involved to properly pack and ship everything (many 100 & 200ml bottles) so this would be a local transaction only.

I'd be glad to drop them off to anyone in the Denver to Cheyenne area though.

Robbert

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016
    I filtered out the tobacco after soaking it in pga at 150 degrees for 10 hours and now have pga and extract from tobacco.
    Is it best to evaporate all the alcohol off first then mix in vg/pg or leave a little alcohol for better mixing?
    I’m trying out my first extraction and I’m amazed on how much I can taste the latakia.
    I ended up adding about 75% vg to extract with pga still in it.
    I let extract sit overnight so sediment sinks to bottom then sucked out as much clear extract as possible.
    I don’t know if there’s a filter available that wouldn’t require suction to keep sediment out.
    It’s not as difficult as I thought just time consuming. I’m curious about what coils will look like after a few tanks and if the smell sticks to tank.
    The glass I poured extract in definitely smells of tobacco.

Reactions: Doffy

Archane

ECF Veteran
    Oct 16, 2016
    You really are making me wish i lived in colorado right now and not on the east coast, i love naturally extracted tobaccos. I'm sure whoever gets these are going to really enjoy them.

I haven't been active here for quite some time and not sure where to post this, but here goes anyhow.

I've been making and vaping NET's for a few years now, and love them. However, I've decided to abandon the effort, due to a couple of reasons.

Rather than simply dumping them down the drain, I'd rather give them to someone who would enjoy them. I have around 6L made, at 10% extract. All are 6mg/ml (Vapers Tek) and either 70/30 or 60/40. (It would be simple to add more nicotine if you vape at a higher strength.) I also have enough extract to make another 6L. I used the Alcohol heat extraction process, strained and coffee filtered, and freeze filtered with a 2 micron filter.

Flavors are, Old Joe, Virginia Flake, Dunhill Elizabethan, Mississippi River, Mississippi Mud, LA Red, Ryunjin, Virginia Spice, and one or two others.

If anyone in the Denver to Northern Colorado area would like these, send me a PM. I also get to the Springs from time to time and will be there sometime next month.

Rickb119

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 20, 2013
    Greeley, CO, USA
    You really are making me wish i lived in colorado right now and not on the east coast, i love naturally extracted tobaccos. I'm sure whoever gets these are going to really enjoy them.
    I too love NET's. but I'm tired of rebuilding coils. Had a bad sinus infection a while back and the only thing that tasted good was unflavored and/or menthol. Since then that's all I've been vaping, and happy with it. Much less maintenance and much more room in the cupboard.

I"m going to be retiring/downsizing soon (?) and need to simplify my life. The NET's are easy to let go. The multiple pieces of vintage stereo equipment will be much harder. :(

Walter Ladd

Multiple ID Suspension
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 18, 2018
    • Deleted by retired1
    • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Robbert

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016
    I’m starting my next extraction and will be doing a cold soak and a hot soak using vg and I think I’ll try pg also.
    One big issue is sediment and I’ll use a 5 micron filter and then maybe 1-2 microns.
    One question I have is instead of filtering after soaking why not put tobacco in filter and soak like a tea bag instead of doing 4-6 filtrations after soak?

Robbert

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016
    I started my extraction yesterday with pure Vg and a blend called Marble Kake.
    It’s bright mixed with red Virginia pressed into cakes.
    I don’t care for it but chose it because it has no casings added and I want to avoid additives on my first extraction.
    I will use heat this time and need to figure out how to clean the thick vg using 3-5 micron filters.

Robbert

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016
    I started my extraction yesterday with pure Vg and a blend called Marble Kake.
    It’s bright mixed with red Virginia pressed into cakes.
    I don’t care for it but chose it because it has no casings added and I want to avoid additives on my first extraction.
    I will use heat this time and need to figure out how to clean the thick vg using 3-5 micron filters.
    I just wanted to update on extraction in pure Vg after 24 days.
    It looks like the tobacco finally soaked up as much vg as possible so I added more.
    It seemed to take all this time just for tobacco to fully asorb and it looked like cooked clumpy oatmeal.
    I take jar out once or twice a week give it a hot water bath,stir and back in a cool dark place.
    I tasted a drop on tongue and it’s definitely got tobacco flavor.
    I’m hoping another 3-4 weeks but I’m going to wait until tobacco stops absorbing vg.

Reactions: Str8vision

Robbert

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016
    I just wanted to update on extraction in pure Vg after 24 days.
    It looks like the tobacco finally soaked up as much vg as possible so I added more.
    It seemed to take all this time just for tobacco to fully asorb and it looked like cooked clumpy oatmeal.
    I take jar out once or twice a week give it a hot water bath,stir and back in a cool dark place.
    I tasted a drop on tongue and it’s definitely got tobacco flavor.
    I’m hoping another 3-4 weeks but I’m going to wait until tobacco stops absorbing vg.
    I finished up my extraction using pure Vg and let tobacco soak at room temperature and probably 20 hours at over 100 degrees.
    I decided soak was done after the tobacco stopped absorbing vg.
    This is my second extraction and they both have a slight fish oil smell.
    I need to try different atomizers and coils before making final judgment but so far it tastes not so good and turns coils black within 20 vapes.

I’m going to use pg next time and a higher grade of tobacco.

• Optimistic
    Reactions: Blitzdonlife

Fredman1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    Yep this is how desperate I am to extract :D
    Tobacco is VERY expensive here in NZ. I forked out $35 for a pack of 20 Manitous...organic cigarettes made in Germany.
    Broke them open and soaked the tobacco in PG. I had it in the ultrasonic bath for about 40 cycles (7min) and then let it rest for a week. I then put it in the oven at 50° for 48hrs. That was 6 weeks ago. I drew a small sample two weeks ago and mixed it at 20%. Tasted it today...Still a bit raw but showing some real promise.
    I read on another thread American spirit ryo tobacco (this I categorize as similar) needs a long steeping...7 mnths.
    I plan to get a pouch of the same and only cold soak that, to see how it differs.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread