Not open for further replies.

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
Yep this is how desperate I am to extract :D
tobacco is VERY expensive here in NZ. I forked out $35 for a pack of 20 Manitous...organic cigarettes made in Germany.
Broke them open and soaked the tobacco in PG. I had it in the ultrasonic bath for about 40 cycles (7min) and then let it rest for a week. I then put it in the oven at 50° for 48hrs. That was 6 weeks ago. I drew a small sample two weeks ago and mixed it at 20%. Tasted it today...Still a bit raw but showing some real promise.
I read on another thread American spirit ryo tobacco (this I categorize as similar) needs a long steeping...7 mnths.
I plan to get a pouch of the same and only cold soak that, to see how it differs.
yeah, it is much like chop chop

decent base flavour, benefits from a tweak with another flavour (whether that is another, richer NET, or something artificial)

very prone to vaper's tongue IME, so not suited for an ADV

Reactions: Fredman1

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
How long do you plan to leave it? Isn't 6-8 weeks sufficient?

Eight weeks will do, but twelve weeks will get as much flavor from the tobacco as you can. Never went any further, time wise, but I've read after 12 weeks the tobacco itself just breaks down further and you create more sediments.

giboja

Mar 9, 2020
Hi all
I have tested Virginia and Perique from La Tabaccheria and found them very good.

I am wondering, if anyone knows, what is difference in extraction process between

Virginia tobacco extract 10ml - La Tabaccheria
and
Macerated Tobacco - Virginia Solo 10ml - La Tabaccheria

first is tobacco extract
and second macerated tobacco

If I think about macerated tobacco as one of extraction process explained in this forum like heated ethanol extraction or PG extraction
I am not sure what will be process for tobacco extract?

any thoughts?

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
First, the URL of the links you provided has been removed, so they don't link to anything.
Second, if I had to guess, I would go with "extracted" as a process that includes heated Ethyl Alcohol, and macerated as a process that includes an extended room temperature soak.
Heated Extractions are said to be slightly stronger, while Cold Maceration seems to produce a slightly smoother vape. But this is just what I've read.

• Informative
Reactions: Fredman1

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
Hi all
I have tested Virginia and Perique from La Tabaccheria and found them very good.

I am wondering, if anyone knows, what is difference in extraction process between

Virginia tobacco extract 10ml - La Tabaccheria
and
Macerated Tobacco - Virginia Solo 10ml - La Tabaccheria

first is tobacco extract
and second macerated tobacco

If I think about macerated tobacco as one of extraction process explained in this forum like heated ethanol extraction or PG extraction
I am not sure what will be process for tobacco extract?

any thoughts?
I'm not sure, sorry

There is another big thread titled something like Natural Tobacco part deuce. The fine folk in there would probably know more about commercially purchased extract /concentrates

giboja

Mar 9, 2020
Hi PapawBrett
Links being removed automatically for some reason.??

I am just about to start my second attempt in NET, have nice list of pipe tobacco,non aromatic, mostly VaPers, coming to me next week and I plan to split each 50g to 25/25 and make one batch in heated Ethyl Alcohol and another in cold PG.
Only thing, I will have to wait long time to compare..

First attempt was heated Ethyl Alcohol, pipe tobacco, but only aromatic was available locally.
They came out of process nice but too aromatic for my taste.
What I like for sure in NET is Virgina with Perique, 80/20 mix from La Tabaccheria
and
BlackNote Quartet

Reactions: Doffy

giboja

Mar 9, 2020
There is another big thread titled something like Natural Tobacco part deuce. The fine folk in there would probably know more about commercially purchased extract /concentrates

Thanks for link Doffy....long read..
Not sure where you are located, but here in the US, Home & Hearth makes two very good VaPer - Louisiana Red and Anniversary Kake. The Red is a little stronger and darker than the Kake, but both are excellent.

EU, so my sources are limited. I wanted to get leaf only but could not find in EU.

this is my order which should hopefully be with me tomorrow:
All Torben Dansk here are supposed to be pure tobacco

Torben Dansk Louisiana Perique U.S.A.
Torben Dansk Virginia Zaire 1,6mm
Tordenskjold »Virginia Slices« Flake
Peterson's »Irish Flake« 50g
Torben Dansk Virginia Mysore Ready Rubbed Flake
Torben Dansk No. 7 English Mixture
Solani Blend 656 »Aged Burley Flake«
Peterson De Luxe Navy Rolls
Ascanian No. 2 Castle Blend
Torben Dansk Orient Spezialität

Plan is to test them all and choose the winner....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread