DO NOT BUY 510LRs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I m thoroughly disgusted with EM at this point. Over a month ago I received a batch of 510LRs that varied in resistance very badly. At that point I contacted CS and was told many things other than the truth. I was told my meter was bad. I was told that they had not changed the attys.

Of the 60% that were within specifications the attys themselves lasted about 3 days on average.

I had a co op buy scheduled to take place at that time as well. I went ahead and placed that order on Oct. 1st. I received that order today. Between my 1st contacting EM and now, more problems have arisen, and finally been acknowledged.

The problem is in trying to correct the problem it seems it's is worse. Now only 30% of the attys are within tolerance, and some are as high as 5.5 ohms. It is also obvious by the brass, the holes, the packaging, even down the cellophane wrappers that there has been a complete change in these attys. That change is from of from one of, if not the best preforming 510LR attys on the market, to something worthless.

I will also mention that the cup and bridge depth varies 1/4 inch or more. It's as if they weren't pressed in all the way. I will be taking pictures as well as calibration readings on this.

I have saved every correspondence with every one involved. Even though co ops are buyer beware I feel obligated to try to correct this issue, and I feel as though EM has that same obligation. They were given that opportunity both before, and it was brought to their attention during the order process. Now we will see if plan to correct it after the order, and how exactly they plan on doing that, since it seems they are unable to produce a satisfactory 510 LR atty at this point.

boB

Last edited:

Starchild47

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2010
Tennessee
I participated in the co-op that Bob mentions above. I did not purchase any of the LR attys that are in question, however I am really appalled that any company would knowingly send out merchandise that is less than quality construction. They have been notified that there are quality issues with this product for some time now and it seems have turned a deaf ear to our complaints on this issue.

What EM needs to realize is that there are too many other reputable companies out there now that will either meet or beat their prices. When quality is a big issue, especially with the problems of having to send product back to China, it makes us here in the US sit up and take notice when we look at future purchases. Any business no matter where in the world should understand that logic!!!!!

There were more than a few people in the co-op who were very disappointed in this matter. There will be more than a few who read about the issues and steer clear of EM in the future if they do not man up and come clean on this issue and offer a viable solution to these problems. If they do not then as Skydragon says, they deserve to lose their customer base pure and simple in my humble opinion. It is not worth saving a few dollars if the product is not worth 2 cents in the beginning. I will be watching to see how this plays out as I am sure many others will.

skish

May 15, 2010
Left Coast (CA & WA)
So even after owning up to selling out-of-spec products, they continue to sell these products anyway? Any reliable business would have pulled them immediately from their stock. This speaks volumes as to their business practices and should be VERY worrisome to their current/future customers.

So David... Are the ones you continue to sell on your site out-of-spec?

Side Note:
Though I wasn’t part of boB’s CO-OP, I salute him for his exemplary effort (as well as his very understanding members).

I finished packing all the orders minus the 510LR attys and now find that I only received 15 of the 20 510 HV attys in the order,I have 2 extra boxes of flat tip Riva carts. Not much of a fair trade if you ask me. As was mentioned already, there are 30 members participating in this co op. I received numerous PMs from people OUTSIDE the co op to steer clear of the attys and I knew in advance their were issues with them. That being said I figured letting everyone at CS know beforehand of the issues and the fact that I was ordering 120 of them alone, I figured someone would at least put a meter to a box of them. I even made note of it in the comments as well.

boB

skydragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Mountain Cave
I participated in the co-op that Bob mentions above. I did not purchase any of the LR attys that are in question, however I am really appalled that any company would knowingly send out merchandise that is less than quality construction. They have been notified that there are quality issues with this product for some time now and it seems have turned a deaf ear to our complaints on this issue.

What EM needs to realize is that there are too many other reputable companies out there now that will either meet or beat their prices. When quality is a big issue, especially with the problems of having to send product back to China, it makes us here in the US sit up and take notice when we look at future purchases. Any business no matter where in the world should understand that logic!!!!!

There were more than a few people in the co-op who were very disappointed in this matter. There will be more than a few who read about the issues and steer clear of EM in the future if they do not man up and come clean on this issue and offer a viable solution to these problems. If they do not then as Skydragon says, they deserve to lose their customer base pure and simple in my humble opinion. It is not worth saving a few dollars if the product is not worth 2 cents in the beginning. I will be watching to see how this plays out as I am sure many others will.

I didn't know before ordering but now I look at other complaints and see that those people were told the problem was being taken care of. LIARS. Plain and simple.

Last edited:

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
I don't see it as a huge problem as we all have purchased things that where not to our expectations and without trial there would be no error so maybe they where only trying to improve on what they had. I have purchased many of items from numerous suppliers that I am not using anymore because I have found better and that's just how it is, so I either sold the stuff or its sitting in some drawer somewhere unused, So if next month EM comes out with the hottest product on the market how many wouldn't buy it ? cmon everyone would be all over it, and don't be surprised if just that happens because D. Yang has more contacts over there then you could ever fathom and is always on the move looking for great product for a great price for all of us to buy. For $3 an Atty you could use them for 2 days and its cheaper then analogs, I understand you had higher expectations set for these Attys but sometimes that's how it goes, especially buying sight unseen product from China, I say sell them if you don't like them, and they will sell, and someone will use them, and wait until you see something better and use the money to buy that item. For a little over $3 each I would bet you could get $5 for them here in the states all day long. EM has taken care of all of us price wise for well over a year now and how many of us have purchased Rivas and other stuff from them cheaper then they could get it any where else and are very happy with that item, I just wouldn't make such a huge deal over some Atty's if it where me, I know others may disagree with me but that's just my spin on this issue, I'm sure I will get attacked for this but no sweat off my shoulder I'm a big boy.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
The other problem is this was a Co Op purchase, so with that risk in buying that way you really have no gripe at all with EM as you actually didn't purchase directly from them so whomever made the purchase is the one that would need to be calling CS, like the guy who made the Co Op purchase, there is a middle man in this deal who handled this so it is really all on him, if you where shorted Attys that to would be on him not EM. I'm not trying to protect EM here either so that's not the case, I'm just calling it like I see this the way it went down Bob, No hard feeling I hope, I know David pretty well and the rep Di as I have done business with them for quite a while now and I say David would possibly even take care of you if you went about this another way because he does care about his customers very much, I have witnessed it personally as he has always squared away any issue I have ever had. If I could give you one piece of advice it would be this, instead of stomping on EM here on this thread how about you have the guy who actually made the purchase call David and explain the situation and see what he would do for you, maybe you can ship these Attys to there Ohio return center and get new ones sent out if there that Badly made, just a suggestion Bob

Starchild47

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2010
Tennessee
Bob IS THE person in charge of the co-op!!!!! If you had read the posts you could have seen that!!! He is trying to work with EM before sending out defective merchandise to co-op buyers.

I would like to add that I don't have the funds handy to spend on any merchandise that does not work or is not what it is advertised to be. In my humble opinion it is a bit underhanded to suggest reselling products that you know are defective to others as well.

What would have taken care of the problem in the first place would have been for EM to acknowledge there was a problem and then either rectify it or pull the atties until they were sure they could offer the same quality they had in the past. No company should expect customers to have to take care of defective products on their end once it is purchased no matter how much or how little the cost or how often they have " taken care of anyone in the past"
That is my 2 cents.

Last edited:

skish

May 15, 2010
Left Coast (CA & WA)
So if I understand mwa102464 correctly…

He doesn’t mind getting lied to; even more than once.

And to him, a $3 atty multiplied a 150 times is no big deal.

So when his new bottom fed mod arrives, and it turns out to be a $10 GreenCig, he’s going to be a big boy and not make a deal out of it; nor even forewarn the user community. Heck of a guy!!!

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
My bad guys I dint see Bob was runing the Co Op I thought he was a buyer in the Co Op, Bob if I can help you out let me know I know David pretty good and have done lots of business with him for quite a while now, he is a pretty understanding guy and I have him on my Skype and can chat with him right now if you would like me to help

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
So if I understand mwa102464 correctly…

He doesn’t mind getting lied to; even more than once.

And to him, a $3 atty multiplied a 150 times is no big deal.

So when his new bottom fed mod arrives, and it turns out to be a $10 GreenCig, he’s going to be a big boy and not make a deal out of it; nor even forewarn the user community. Heck of a guy!!!

Skish your gong the wrong way on this with me pal, I am only trying to help, and will if I can, I don't believe David Yang lied though, maybe misunderstood but not lied, I will skype him now and chat with him about this and see if I cant lend a helping hand

My bad guys I dint see Bob was runing the Co Op I thought he was a buyer in the Co Op, Bob if I can help you out let me know I know David pretty good and have done lots of business with him for quite a while now, he is a pretty understanding guy and I have him on my Skype and can chat with him right now if you would like me to help

Here's the thing. I've said time and time again the EM5-LRs were not just one of teh most inexpensive but best attys on the market IMO. I have recommended them to everyone I know. I've had ones you COULDN'T kill if you tried.

I see your comment and I don't think David is doing us any favors. I see a business model that didn't work. Does it make sense to sell an atty for $3 that lasts a month or more on average? Well honestly no it doesn't, we both know that. I would pay twice that for the old EM5-LRs. So why not raise the price? But don't change things and tell me my meter is wrong. Don't tell me that suddenly the juice I'm using is causing them to die in 2 days time. Like I said the bridge and cup varies in height a 1/4 inch or better. And that is on some of the 60-70 "good' ones that check out resistance wise. The darn things will probably burn your lips.

I worked as a machinist for 7 years along with 4 years of schooling. I worked near exclusively with brass. I made prototype brass air pressure valves, I can tell the difference in the amount of copper used in the brass by looking at them. I will provide pictures here once I ship out the rest of the merchandise. They are a complete mess is all I can say.

I sure hope you can be helpful, I surely wasn't. I tried to warn them of this issue six weeks ago, unfortunately I had a co op in progress at the time. I figured minimum they would grant my request of testing the resistance of one pack on an $1100 order. And as far as a co op buy. At this time every single one is in my possession, so let's call it a a single customer buy. They have a responsibility here.

As previously stated I have every single correspondence leading up to and during the order process of this purchase. If you are truly interested and feel you can help, I will gladly forward the emails I have received to you, unfortunately the PMs I am not allowed to disclose.

I want solutions, I'm not here to hurt EMs business, but I'll be darned if they are going to take $360 for attys that people can't use because some are upwards of 6 ohms. Ones that have center posts that are so crooked the are a hairline away from shorting out and killing peoples batts. I'd rather not see someone burn their lips because the bridge/cup assemble wasn't properly pressed in all the way.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
OK GUY'S listen I feel your pain OK,,, Here is what I did to solve this issue for you all and I hope you take my advice and this will be resolved definitely OK === Bob David just got your EMail from this morning @ support@eastmall.net he will handle this issue for you all but only Bob must speak with him he wont deal with everyone. Bob he will reply to your EMail now or soon, remember there is a big time difference involved here so always give EM More like 2 Days to reply instead of 1 day. Anyway Bob David will reply and you also email support@eastmall.net and speak with David back and forth and he will replace all of you guys Attys that you want replaced no problem. Trust me David always takes care of any issues guys, sometimes things happen in any business but this owner is hands on when he needs to be so just speak with David Bob and all of this will be handled and some I'm sure. I hope I was able to help you guys with this by getting involved, I usually don't but felt I could help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread