Do you miss analogues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwjordan322

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2014
United States
Unfortunately all the time. Although I love vaping I can't say that I still don't crave/want to smoke a cigarette. It's a love hate kinda thing. Been smoke free for about 2 months, so I might still be experiencing withdrawals in a sense. I don't have cravings but I still have want to I guess. I didn't quit for health reasons our because I had to.. But simply because I was sick of the nasty smell, and the thoughts of all the harm it was doing to my body. I know I won't go back, but it's not easy. But much much much easier then week 1&2.

Jugband

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
PA, USA
I really don't miss them at all anymore. The first few months I had a hard time now and then. Now all I ever need is my dripper and a good tobbacco flavor, Boba's Bounty or Gorilla Juice. Just last weekend I was in the car with two smokers. They offered me one, easiest thing in the world to say no thanks. And vape on.

Raths

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2014
Nebraska
Only been off the analogs a week. Took me almost 2 months of vaping to get here. Wife is still at half a pack a day and when she goes out to smoke I REALLY!! want one. But when she comes in and I can smell the stinky, the urge goes away. Stress is a factor for me. Once I make it through those times I seem to be fine. My official quit date will be 04/01/14...if I make it that far! (I know I will cause I think I can I think I can I think I can...)

Brandon_4078

Feb 7, 2014
Central Wisconsin
The hardest is when I'm at the bar I really miss the head rush of a cig. However, when I'm at home/dorm and I get the craving for the head rush, I throw my Atomic RDA on my ProVari with 24mg nicotine juice and run it at 12-15 watts. 3 to 5 good rips of that and I'm stuck in my spot for 5-15 minutes.

That is a craving killer! :2cool:

chimsweep

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2013
Hardwick, Ma
Unusually, I haven't picked up an analog since I got my Ego C kit in the mail. I got it in and got distracted with the new toy...directions...assembly...first hits....ahhh...when the heck is the last time I had a ciggie?????? It went on from there. Carried a half a pack and a lighter for 6 months, before I was able to feel confident enough to put them on my bureau. I sometimes go on the smoke bench at work to bs with my coworkers...and more times than not...I have to leave early. The stench is too much for me and the thought that I smelled just like that. A warm wet woolen coat that had been soaked in ashtray juice.....turns my stomach. Now for the answer to the question. There is the nic addiction and all the other chemicals.....there is also the MIND ...I call it the mind f..k. It will be the little voice in your head that's constant.....it will taste so good.......nobody will know.......just one time.....etc.......they are ALL lies..it wants you to believe them. Taste good(honestly...no).....nobody will know (I will) .....just one time(how many times have we fallen for that one). If you are honest with yourself and answer the voice with honesty......you will be able to break this habit.

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
Once you are off cigs completely, you'll be surprised at how little you miss them. I'm a year past quitting and the only think I miss is the size & convenience. Outside of that, vaping beats it hands down with a cornucopia of flavors, devices, and not stinking up you and your clothes, not congesting your chest and not draining your wallet.

Mutescream

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
Florida, USA
I don't miss regular cigs... But, I do miss the occasional djarum blacks. There is supposedly a good ejuice by Aroma (that supposedly tastes just like a black), but they only make it in a pg, apparently. If they ever make it in a 50/50 or a 100% vg, I'll be all over it.. Until then, missing them.

Even the smell of regular smokes is a bit repugnant to me now, and it kind of pisses me off that my works forces vapers to use the smoking area.

FireDragon1138

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2014
Orlando, Florida
I can't quit analogs. I'm really trying to like ordinary e-liquid but imagine being OD'ed on nicotine and still craving a cigarette. That's a peculiar kind of hell indeed. I've tried WTA, not a lot but a little, and I Think it might work better, but its so expensive I am just disgusted with vaping in general. So, I'm still puffing away, not sure what to do.

CKCalmer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2014
My mancave
WTA = Whole Tobacco Alkaloids

Do I miss analogs? Absolutely not. I can't stand even the smell of them anymore. But if I ever do think I might want to experience them again, I can always scoop a little something out of my cats' litter box, wipe it under my nose and walk around that way for ten minutes or so.

:?:

Last edited:

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
I don't miss regular cigs... But, I do miss the occasional djarum blacks. There is supposedly a good ejuice by Aroma (that supposedly tastes just like a black), but they only make it in a pg, apparently. If they ever make it in a 50/50 or a 100% vg, I'll be all over it.. Until then, missing them.

Even the smell of regular smokes is a bit repugnant to me now, and it kind of pisses me off that my works forces vapers to use the smoking area.
I used to smoke Djarum Blacks around December, they smelled really festive at that time of the year to me and I thoroughly enjoyed them for about a month. Tried replacing my normal smoking habits(a pack to a pack and a half a day) with just Djarum Blacks and my throat was screaming for me to stop that fiasco after a month.

The ONLY thing I miss about analogues is holding them in my lips, the smell and taste do nothing for me since I switched over to vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread