Not open for further replies.

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
It seems that the patient suffered from emphysema. Pneumonia is known to be a risk for those with existing serious lung disease such as emphysema. You'd have to be crazy to keep smoking or vaping if you suffer from a lung disease like that - as any doctor would know. Essentially it is suicide by addiction.

There seems to me to be no point in discussing an external cause of pneumonia when it is obvious that the patient was at risk of pneumonia, should have been told to stop smoking or vaping, continued to do so, and died.

If a doctor does not advise the patient to stop, then his conduct in that particular area also needs investigating. If he is claiming that he knew nothing about the patient's continuing smoking/vaping, that needs looking at. If he ordered an inquest while fully aware that the patient was at risk of pneumonia and caused his own death by refusing to cease smoking/vaping, that also needs examining, because it seems disingenuous at the least.

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
I have heard that there is a very easy way to tell if there is oil in your e-juice.

Your atomizer dies.

Which makes it very suspect that Mr. Miller was inhaling "large quantities of the substitutes" that "seemed to involve a mixture of nicotine and some oil."

E-juice w/ oil extracts vape nicely w/o harming my atty; very tasty I might add.
Some spice oil is extracted w/ grain alcohol; perhaps the high solubility of oil in alcohol reduces risks.
Analogs contain oil; as mentioned.
Some chefs have inhaled significant quantities of undissolved atomized cooking oils.
Feel free to prove me wrong; I can manage w/ unflavored if necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread