Official complaint to the BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zod

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2010
Salt Lake
I'm the type of person that usually just sits back and absorbs the information but this was one of those rare times I wrote a long letter to the BBC. I literally LOL'd when I heard "oil" and was shocked when the report ended with zero fact checking. If they really want a hard hitting news story why don't they put together an investigative report of how corrupt the FDA is with constantly trying to ban the ecigarette when it's obviously psychotically safer than the cigarette which they approve of, only to be smacked down repeatedly in court? Is it about money or politics? Cause it darn well has nothing to do with saving lives. Or maybe a report on how the mainstream media seems so hellbent on putting the ecig in a bad light and when noting it's qualities they're full of words like "seems" or "supposedly"?

Hundreds of thousands die annually from tobacco use and there's a hair's breadth chance that ONE GUY may have died from an ecig and which one gets the story? It's like joining a crusade against party poppers because nuclear weapons kill. :blink: I'm literally stupider for watching that report.

lpwaqas

May 9, 2011
Hell
I sent a complaint too :) but rather I would suspect the widow she seems to be very happy with the husband gone :) no tears and stuff and this forced me to think that Widow is thanking god for the death of his husband :)

Jokes apart the doctor who says that "Man Should Have Continued Smoking" is a jerk, abuse of everything is wrong he could have died with smoking like 20 packs a day or rather drinking e-liquid heavily or just eating like 100 liters of ice-cream a day so abusing any product even simple drinkable water can kill you; I want to meet that doctor Jerk. [angry]

Here is the BBC's report:

YouTube - Bad news for E-cig Users

If you wish to complain, this is the URL to visit:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/forms/

Wonder if it would be OK to tell a reporter that we "believe" that the doctor "may have been" receiving kickbacks from pharmaceutical companies in return for casting suspicion on the products that represent the most serious competition to their own products.

A "fair and balanced" report certainly would present that side of the issue. Even if we don't have any evidence of this being the case, the suggestion that a doctor receiving kickbacks from pharmaceutical companies is a lot more plausible than propylene glycol vapor causing lipoid pneumonia.

Mark Linehan

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2010
Salem, MA
marknsalem.blogspot.com
Now that you have discovered vaping, could could live to be 100! ;-)

Oh Lord, if e-cigarettes are going to make me live to be a 100 I am quitting them RIGHT NOW! ..I mean I love my e-cigarettes.. but..

I am 45, been married since I was 19, been disabled since I was 41.. I've had enough already and I aint even half way there!! You're scaring me.. really scaring me..

(I am kidding folks)

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
Mark, you may be kidding, but there's some truth buried there. My mother's 92 and just finished a month of hospitalization and rehab after a fall. Memory wasn't that great before the stay and it's worse now. Her 88 yr old brother came in for a two week stay and his mind was noticeably slipping and he's had some major health issues. Longevity does have it's issues both emotionally and physically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread