Don't see the point of drippers anymore..

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeerGolfClouds

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2014
Orange County, CA, USA
My peredered vape is 24g 14 wraps 3mm ID on a cricket. Way better than claptons at a similar resistance.

Haha! Right at this moment I have twisted 24/28ga, 11 wrap duals at 3mm on a cricket/Velocity. It's a thing of beauty. Intense without being too hot. I agree on the Clapton comment though, I'm not huge on them but plenty of others are as you are aware.

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Your personal Safe Place.

Live and let live. :D

It is after all the dripper/cotton fanatics hijacked every thread I ever started here about gennies. I've no use for any dripper or cotton user after that. They even invade the genesis forum to push their agenda. So hey, they don't live and let live. I don't go to their forums and push gennies on them. Why do they so badly need to push their thing at us? There are words for that sort of conduct.

Funk Dracula

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Earth
The Cleito tank is basically that and comes with a nice stock Clapton coil. Only thing I could think of using drippers is the cost of coils. I prefer convenience over this.

Vape whatever you want.

Good luck finding replacement coils for your Clitoris tank when the regulations hit though.

Also, for your information, turns out some of that fancy pre-made Chinese clapton wire has machine oil laced all over the inner core wire. Saw a video of someone unraveling the outer wraps, taking a paper towel, and wiping some black crud off of the core wire. By the way, you can't exactly "dry-burn" the oil off of your pre-made coil heads, now can you?

So... enjoy your fancy Chinese clapton/alien/skynyrd/bunghole wrap coils... but do understand why some of us would never, ever even bother with them.

Cheers

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Most Mech Authentic's will run you $80+ while a Wismec RX200 can do everything for $45.00, show me a high quality authentic mech for $45.00 and i'll buy it (Besides the Wismec Noisy Cricket, i hear they're unsafe and have a lot of problems and i already have one haha.

If You are going to Play the Authentic Game, then in Comparison, the Wismec DNA - $200:cool:

Also, depending on Country and Attitude of Authentic maker, the Range is $8.00 to $1500.:shock:

You have been at this.............................how long?

Reactions: Kprthevapr

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
It is after all the dripper/cotton fanatics hijacked every thread I ever started here about gennies. I've no use for any dripper or cotton user after that. They even invade the genesis forum to push their agenda. So hey, they don't live and let live. I don't go to their forums and push gennies on them. Why do they so badly need to push their thing at us? There are words for that sort of conduct.

The thread title is about drippers and the cleito.
If the thread was about genesis atomizers we may have mentioned them more.
Most of us have genesis attys.
I love them. They are by far the closest thing to a dripper.
However,
Most of the Cleito users can't build one and have no clue about using mesh and /or steel rope, so bringing gennys into this conversation is gonna confuse them a lot.
Lol
And yes a proper built genesis is a thing of beauty.

No offense to the Cleito users.

LevineDelta

May 8, 2015
If You are going to Play the Authentic Game, then in Comparison, the Wismec DNA - $200:cool:

Also, depending on Country and Attitude of Authentic maker, the Range is $8.00 to $1500.:shock:

You have been at this.............................how long?
I get the grumpy old man part! haha and this discussion was already taken care of under a nice debate so no point in furthering it :) Lots of good and affordable choices out there, mechs and regulated :) No authentic game, just a preference, i own clones as well.

Also your question on how long i've been doing this, i've been vaping since the the eGo C Twist was first released i believe in 2012? and after smoking for 15+ years, i haven't had one since, which is all that matters :)

Reactions: MMW

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I get the grumpy old man part! haha and this discussion was already taken care of under a nice debate so no point in furthering it :) Lots of good and affordable choices out there, mechs and regulated :) No authentic game, just a preference, i own clones as well.

Also your question on how long i've been doing this, i've been vaping since the the eGo C Twist was first released i believe in 2012? and after smoking for 15+ years, i haven't had one since, which is all that matters :)

Now you got it!

Whatever Works for You! :D

All's good.......:thumb:

Meh...

I like tanks, RTAs, RDAs as well as unregulated and regulated mods. Each has a purpose. If the FDA does not get in the way, in 2016, I'll spend almost $5k on vaping supplies (premade e-liquids, gallons of 100mg/ml raw nicotine, flavors, PG/VG, lab supplies, scale...) and vaping gear (tanks, RDA, RTA, premade coils, raw wire in flat, Ti, SS, N80, kanthal, regulated/unregulated box mods, mech mods, batteries, chargers...). I don't plan on being without and I'm trying to build a nice vaping collection.

I see vaping collections on ECF, and I'd like one myself.

Reactions: IMFire3605

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Thanks for dissecting my post. I think you have a misunderstanding of what the term mass market means, however if you feel like mech / unregulated mods and rdas are the future who am I to argue with you. I've utilized the forums ignore function just to keep this from escalating further.

Happy vaping :)

Thin skin?
:blink:

Well, it is a first, but guess it had to happen some time.

Someone tell rice721 - no hard feelings :)

CookingWithGuns

ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Vape whatever you want.

Good luck finding replacement coils for your Clitoris tank when the regulations hit though.
This is such flawed reasoning. Years of attempted and actual regulation should tell you that it wouldn't prevent this.

Also, for your information, turns out some of that fancy pre-made Chinese clapton wire has machine oil laced all over the inner core wire. Saw a video of someone unraveling the outer wraps, taking a paper towel, and wiping some black crud off of the core wire. By the way, you can't exactly "dry-burn" the oil off of your pre-made coil heads, now can you?
Cheers
This is better reasoning.

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
The Cleito tank is basically that and comes with a nice stock Clapton coil. Only thing I could think of using drippers is the cost of coils. I prefer convenience over this.
227d0f21b289107bb049a609c8bc931c.jpg

Reactions: Kprthevapr

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
It is after all the dripper/cotton fanatics hijacked every thread I ever started here about gennies. I've no use for any dripper or cotton user after that. They even invade the genesis forum to push their agenda.

I didn't think it was that bad Vaslovik, so I had a look at the Genisis sub-forum. I checked half a dozen of of your threads there and only found one where someone suggested you check out a dripper. Most went like this one, The DID puzzle.

The whole "just get a 'xyz' and you'll be happy" thing happens a lot with all kinds of things. I don't know why that happens but I suspect something in human nature is involved or it wouldn't be so common :)

So hey, they don't live and let live. I don't go to their forums and push gennies on them. Why do they so badly need to push their thing at us? There are words for that sort of conduct.

Well, as I said I've seen this kind of thing happen often on threads about all kinds of gear. I think these days this actually happens much less often on ECF than it used to.

So, not all of your Genisis threads were hijacked, but I realize it may seem that way to you. Sometimes 'Live and let live' has more impact on others than "I've no use for any dripper or cotton user after that". At least that's been my experience :)

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I agree; i love my Aeolus Lite RDA & Tobeco Velocity RDA, unfortunately i commute close to 4 hours a day to work and I attempted dripping and driving and almost caused an accident, so i won't do that ever again.

Most my vaping during the week is on the road so i've been stuck with my UWell Crowns with the 0.25 SS prebuilt coils. As stated though, I'm buying the Serpent by Wotofo this weekend, to replace my Crown. I just purchased 100 ft. of 316 SS 24 Gauge Wire for $10.00 so I'm ready !
take a hard look at a squonk mod.

NGGrant

ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2015
Richmond VA
I have a clieto and some drippers. The clieto is a nice tank the flavor is good, but it doesn't wick as well as it could and there is a reason for that. Of the three holes in the side of the coil only one of them directly feeds the cotton around the coil the other 2 just wet a single sheet of very thin material that indirectly soaks the interior cotton.

I do like the clieto and it works well but I would never leave the house without a spare coil because it has already burnt two of them prematurely.

The clieto will never be as easy to use as an RDA.

Reactions: cj081283
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread