The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

DOOMSDAY Prepping For the Possible FDA Restriction

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by Shy De, Jan 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. BakuPeg

BakuPeg Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 10, 2012
    Gainesville, Ga
    I do my own NET's and the nic extracted is low, but its there. 2 or 3 mg. leafonly.com won't be going away

2. Iron Molly

Iron Molly Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 27, 2010
    State of Anxiety
    PG is fed to dairy cows as a supplement. :) So yeah it will most likely remain very easy to buy in bulk.

3. salemgold

salemgold ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 5, 2010
    South Carolina
    I have had nicotine in the freezer for almost 3 years that is just as good as the day I put it in the freezer. :) It will last in the freezer for many years.

Here is the info that you need
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-library/134842-long-term-storage-e-liquid.html

ETA- Nicotine in a PG base will hold up better than nicotine in a VG base from my experience.

4. Cyrus Vap

Cyrus Vap Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 8, 2011
    Bay Area, California
    character limit...

5. tencentcat

tencentcat Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 7, 2010
    denton tx
    Aren't they also looking to restrict sales of hardware? If so its time to learn how to build a mechanical PV that uses common parts, along with rebuildable atomizers.

6. Lavaca5

Lavaca5 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Yes, it is - wish I'd read it last week :). As my Karma usually dictates, I picked the other thing. Oh well. If, before April, I a) can mix at least a couple of juices that I like, and b) successfully negotiate for the requisite freezer space with my Loved One, who really likes to put stuff like the food that feeds our children in there, I'll go that route next time. If I really get into it, there might be a mini freezer in my future :)

7. martinc

martinc Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 12, 2011
    Montreal,Quebec,Canada
    Too much headaches and desperation...if it eventually becomes a problem vaping,I will just quit...

...and going back to analogs is out of the question....this is way behind me.

8. Catmau5

Catmau5 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 6, 2012
    Jacksonville, Fl
    They couldn't ban nicotine liquids could they? They say that only tobacco and menthol liquids could be sold so in essence unflavored would still have to be sold to suppliers to make that tobacco and menthol flavors right? Also they can't ban Loran's could they? That's a food flavoring.. So no matter what they do I can build an e cig out of a flashlight and make liquid myself so they can ban me all that they want but they will never stop me!

EDIT: wizard labs.. Hahaha I can still make my liquids they are already fda approved and all the liquids on their own are not used for PV's but together are and no where on the site does it advertise use for PV's so that will be there to stay! Also they are a little cheaper than other sites I have seen and are practically a days drive from me!

9. rockymtnrobin

rockymtnrobin Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 18, 2012
    Colorado
    I found this link a couple of days ago and it is very good.
    However please look a what's down with the FDA in April. I watched the FDA hearing and they have no clue what e cigs are.
    And in the UK there fighting to ban e cigs. They are looking at nic being a RX and only at 4mg.You can bet if it happens in UK the rest of the EU follow.
    And we will do the same. So if your ready for 4mg juice comming from One Drug Co. and doing it on a battery like Blu or Njoy your great.
    I'm buying 100 mg juice and DIY, Learning about rebuilding and buying more. I have bought a Provari, a EA mod and a box mod.
    Check out CASAA and join. So to call this DOOMSDAY isn't far off the mark at all.
    P.S. Wizard Labs there moving and will be back up on Jan.28th.

10. RobertNC

RobertNC Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 25, 2012
    Athens
    I think they will not be effectively able to regulate batteries and carts from being bought, maybe have to go offshore, but not sure. Gonna evaluate that once the proposed regulations are published. But FDA has the authority to regulate foods, drugs, tobacco products and nicotine, I don't see how they can legally extend that to vaping hardware because it does not necessarily constitute a drug delivery device or a tobacco product.

As far as liquids go, I feel pretty certain that even though it may be FDA approved, if they do regulate you will see the end of days as far as the public being able to buy 100mg/mL Nicotine base (or 24, 48, etc for that matter). Of course that will still be somewhere offshore too, but you will never get bottles of liquids through Customs. I personally plan to stockpile a substantial amount.

You can check my blogs for tips on how to stockpile a relatively large (multiple liters) supply of nic base.

11. DJ RyckRak

DJ RyckRak Ultra Member ECF Veteran

We know the FDA is going after the sale of Nic- they see this Vape thing and want to get into regulating (and taxing) it.
    So the low hanging fruit is the Nic- Nic and tobacco sound the same to a sixth grader...'we should do something' !
    The avalilability of nic juice will be curtailled, vendors will vanish as nic juice is taxed. Just my opinion.
    I am preparing and will be able to do for myself for a few years.

When working with nic juice...please wear clear safety glasses, don't want that stuff in you eyes.

12. Butters78

Butters78 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

So no matter what happens in April wizard labs is okay?

13. Shy De

Shy De Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 10, 2013
    Oregon
    I completely agree.. It isn't just mixing your own juice it's about being able to maintain your equipment for several years

14. Shilo

Shilo Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 27, 2011
    Here & There
    The other thing PG is just fine no worries---seems to be alot of conflicting info posted here---salem has pg base last fine for 3 years time.

15. Shilo

Shilo Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 27, 2011
    Here & There
    If you can I would stock up on it before anything changes :)

16. Cyrus Vap

Cyrus Vap Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 8, 2011
    Bay Area, California
    wizard labs will be fine I'm sure, but that doesn't mean they will be able to sell us concentrated nic :(

I've had multiple nic vendors tell me that they note VG will turn the color of nic faster than PG, even different VGs --> different colors/rate of change, but then there's what Kurt says in the above post which is theoretically sound in terms of reaction kinetics, and the bottom line is the man knows what he's talking about. I also wonder if said nic vendors agitate the crap out of their VG nics more so than their PG nics in order to get them to mix/flow evenly, which would accelerate degradation (I think). Who knows.

So who knows. Either way, it shouldn't make a huge difference. I've had PG and VG nics change color without alterations in flavor, nics remain clear and start to taste like crap (there's one on my desk right now lol), and nics change color and taste *better* (if you enjoy unflavored). Its a bit of a crap shoot unfortunately. Only way around it is to try enough nics over enough time to know what you will enjoy/tolerate, and enough time seems to be exactly what we're lacking. And that would assume absence of alterations in the stock we buy from over time as well, which is a hell of an assumption.

17. infoimp

infoimp Sarcasm Cult Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 25, 2012
    Vaping Underworld
    You've got to follow the money. The $$$ is NOT in banning vaping. Big tobacco is already in, so that won't happen. The $$$ is in regulating/taxing and they'll do it the same way as tobacco, albeit slowly ramping up. It will probably NOT be as expensive as analogs, but they'll work on it until it's close.

Also, I'd been putting this off, but now might be the time. Build your own eCig Mod. From parts available at Radio Shack. For a few bucks. I think I can do this, even if I AM female and even if there IS soldering involved...lol!

18. Shy De

Shy De Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 10, 2013
    Oregon
    Women are pretty much better at everything when properly instructed. So shouldn't worry about smoldering! Haha

19. purelyscientific

purelyscientific Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 8, 2012
    NewYork
    I'm willing to bet wizardlabs is going to be the first vendor they go after to make an example out of, along with ecigxpress and the other top 3-4 nic vendors.
    soldering*** lololol

20. Butters78

Butters78 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Wouldn't the fact that they are already FDA approved help at all?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.