The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

DOOMSDAY Prepping For the Possible FDA Restriction

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by Shy De, Jan 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. purelyscientific

purelyscientific Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 8, 2012
    NewYork
    I don't think so. But we will find out come april.

2. Butters78

Butters78 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

As the budget allows I'll try to get a few 500s of the 100mg to be on the safe side.

3. infoimp

infoimp Sarcasm Cult Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 25, 2012
    Vaping Underworld
    ...crap it's been so long since I smoldered, I think I forgot how....unless you count hot flashes....

4. nightfell

nightfell Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 31, 2012
    Massachusetts
    WL will still be around they just may not be allowed to sell to us. Look at the site anything above 150mg requires proof in order to buy it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

5. rockymtnrobin

rockymtnrobin Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 18, 2012
    Colorado
    Your right they will start with the venders. That has the most impact, in a short amount of time to us as a group. And take a few minutes at the top of the forum and click where it says Europeans.
    After reading that, and don't think it won't happen here, well you can be proactive or reactive.

6. Blackbeard

Blackbeard Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 25, 2012
    Buffalo, WV
    What precautions must I use if I were to freeze this stuff? Let's assume I buy my Nic juice from someplace that bottles their solution in those amber glass bottles. Do I need to worry about expansion? Does it actually solidify? Does the PG/VG ratio matter in any of this? What is the freezer shelf life?

I don't think this will go away, as some fear. Our current government here in the USA is intent on taxing anything they can to raise money, so banning this would mean the only money they would get from banned substances is when they arrest someone for having that substance, and that means pay some form of enforcement to catch the perps. Taxing is the easy way.

7. MorpheusPA

MorpheusPA Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 7, 2012
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    PG freezes a little colder than -70°F, VG freezes around -35°F. In neither case does your freezer get that cold. In both cases, if you got it to freeze, the frozen stuff would be smaller than the liquid and wouldn't burst the container (ice is unusual in being larger than the liquid water).

I tend to recommend placing it in a thick plastic bag (or even double-bagging) to protect your freezer against mishaps.

Lifespan in the freezer is at least 2 years, and probably well over that. I just don't have any data that I've found past 2 years. Even slightly discolored, the liquid is safe to use.

8. purelyscientific

Jun 8, 2012
    NewYork
    Keep in mind that nicotine breaks down into harmful cancer causing tobacco specific nitrosamines. So if your nic goes bad- chuck it!

9. Blackbeard

Blackbeard Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 25, 2012
    Buffalo, WV
    How do I know I have bad nicotine other that getting an MRI or cat scan?

10. ~Sue~Feb2012

~Sue~Feb2012 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 10, 2012
    USA
    Good info and good questions :)

11. Iffy

Iffy Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 3, 2011
    Florida Suncoast
    Just speaking from personal experience, one whiff will tell ya! There'll be no doubt... [​IMG]

12. purelyscientific

Jun 8, 2012
    NewYork
    When my nic starts going bad it starts to taste and smell bad.

13. salemgold

salemgold ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 5, 2010
    South Carolina
    The ECF Library contains very good info to answer your questions. Here is a link for you
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ask-veterans/134237-bottle-help-freezing-nic-juice.html#post2126610

14. skydragon

skydragon ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 7, 2009
    Mountain Cave
    Would someone supply a link to RTS. I could not find them. Thank you.

15. salemgold

salemgold ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 5, 2010
    South Carolina
  16. infoimp

infoimp Sarcasm Cult Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 25, 2012
    Vaping Underworld
    Well if you look at history, historically Europeans ban stuff. We (US) just tax ourselves to death.

17. Cyrus Vap

Cyrus Vap Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 8, 2011
    Bay Area, California
    Can this really happen to any appreciable extent for liquid nicotine sitting in PG/VG in a capped bottle? Seriously? Never heard of this happening outside the context of flame curing of tobacco.

18. patkin

patkin Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 6, 2012
    Arizona USA
    I want to know too. I have flavored nic juices that smell bad to start with so how would I know if the nic in them has gone bad?... either after I've bought them or before they were shipped. Geez... I quit smoking to avoid carcinogens and now I have to fear juice? Scarey stuff.

19. flintlock62

flintlock62 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 2, 2012
    Arkansas Delta
    Subscribed to keep up with the thread!

20. subversive

subversive Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 26, 2011
    United States
    Half a liter of 100mg/ml nic base would last me a year. That would make me 50 30ml bottles. The only other things I need would still be available to me. I only use PG and menthol, and if I felt like fruit flavor, it's easy enough to find Lorann's since it's a food product.

For a 30ml bottle, I do 15 drops of a 10% menthol crystals dissolved in PG solution, 10 ml of nic base, less than 10 drops of liquid sucralose, and the rest PG. Very simple.

I am ordering half a liter before April. I don't have the money to purchase a ton of hardware, though. Ultimately, even with a doomsday supply, at some point I would run out and could not sustain my vaping habit. Can't keep nicotine longer than a couple of years, either. I'm just going to have my half liter of nic and see what happens in April.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.