Status
Not open for further replies.

rockymtnrobin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2012
Colorado
I'm willing to bet wizardlabs is going to be the first vendor they go after to make an example out of, along with ecigxpress and the other top 3-4 nic vendors.
soldering*** lololol
Your right they will start with the venders. That has the most impact, in a short amount of time to us as a group. And take a few minutes at the top of the forum and click where it says Europeans.
After reading that, and don't think it won't happen here, well you can be proactive or reactive.

Blackbeard

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2012
Buffalo, WV
What precautions must I use if I were to freeze this stuff? Let's assume I buy my Nic juice from someplace that bottles their solution in those amber glass bottles. Do I need to worry about expansion? Does it actually solidify? Does the PG/VG ratio matter in any of this? What is the freezer shelf life?

I don't think this will go away, as some fear. Our current government here in the USA is intent on taxing anything they can to raise money, so banning this would mean the only money they would get from banned substances is when they arrest someone for having that substance, and that means pay some form of enforcement to catch the perps. Taxing is the easy way.

Last edited:
What precautions must I use if I were to freeze this stuff? Let's assume I buy my Nic juice from someplace that bottles their solution in those amber glass bottles. Do I need to worry about expansion? Does it actually solidify? Does the PG/VG ratio matter in any of this? What is the freezer shelf life?

PG freezes a little colder than -70°F, VG freezes around -35°F. In neither case does your freezer get that cold. In both cases, if you got it to freeze, the frozen stuff would be smaller than the liquid and wouldn't burst the container (ice is unusual in being larger than the liquid water).

I tend to recommend placing it in a thick plastic bag (or even double-bagging) to protect your freezer against mishaps.

Lifespan in the freezer is at least 2 years, and probably well over that. I just don't have any data that I've found past 2 years. Even slightly discolored, the liquid is safe to use.

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
PG freezes a little colder than -70°F, VG freezes around -35°F. In neither case does your freezer get that cold. In both cases, if you got it to freeze, the frozen stuff would be smaller than the liquid and wouldn't burst the container (ice is unusual in being larger than the liquid water).

I tend to recommend placing it in a thick plastic bag (or even double-bagging) to protect your freezer against mishaps.

Lifespan in the freezer is at least 2 years, and probably well over that. I just don't have any data that I've found past 2 years. Even slightly discolored, the liquid is safe to use.

Keep in mind that nicotine breaks down into harmful cancer causing tobacco specific nitrosamines. So if your nic goes bad- chuck it!

How do I know I have bad nicotine other that getting an MRI or cat scan?

Good info and good questions :)

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
How do I know I have bad nicotine...

Just speaking from personal experience, one whiff will tell ya! There'll be no doubt...
shock.gif

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina

I don't think this will go away, as some fear. Our current government here in the USA is intent on taxing anything they can to raise money, so banning this would mean the only money they would get from banned substances is when they arrest someone for having that substance, and that means pay some form of enforcement to catch the perps. Taxing is the easy way.

The ECF Library contains very good info to answer your questions. Here is a link for you
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ttle-help-freezing-nic-juice.html#post2126610

infoimp

Sarcasm Cult Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2012
Vaping Underworld
And take a few minutes at the top of the forum and click where it says Europeans.
After reading that, and don't think it won't happen here, well you can be proactive or reactive.

Well if you look at history, historically Europeans ban stuff. We (US) just tax ourselves to death.

Cyrus Vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
Bay Area, California
Keep in mind that nicotine breaks down into harmful cancer causing tobacco specific nitrosamines. So if your nic goes bad- chuck it!

Can this really happen to any appreciable extent for liquid nicotine sitting in PG/VG in a capped bottle? Seriously? Never heard of this happening outside the context of flame curing of tobacco.

subversive

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2011
United States
Half a liter of 100mg/ml nic base would last me a year. That would make me 50 30ml bottles. The only other things I need would still be available to me. I only use PG and menthol, and if I felt like fruit flavor, it's easy enough to find Lorann's since it's a food product.

For a 30ml bottle, I do 15 drops of a 10% menthol crystals dissolved in PG solution, 10 ml of nic base, less than 10 drops of liquid sucralose, and the rest PG. Very simple.

I am ordering half a liter before April. I don't have the money to purchase a ton of hardware, though. Ultimately, even with a doomsday supply, at some point I would run out and could not sustain my vaping habit. Can't keep nicotine longer than a couple of years, either. I'm just going to have my half liter of nic and see what happens in April.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread