RDA Dotmod Petri v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
Okay, so I know atleast 3 members including myself that have ordered one already so I'm going to get a thread started on it. I'm pretty sure they released yesterday (2/8/16) and I'm pretty ****ing stoked to have it in my hands when it comes!
Copied from Localvape.com
  • The Original Two-Post Atomizer
  • 24k Gold-Plated Brass Deck
  • Postholes - 2mm height and 3mm wide
  • Beautiful Hard- Anodized Aluminum Barrel and Cap
  • Entire Deck is made of PEEK
  • Custom Machined Knurled Screws
  • Easy-Drip Three Piece Atomizer Design
  • Huge juice Well
  • Includes V2 Petri Drip Tip
Photos also from Localvape.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
So let's get a thread going on it. For once, at $90, it comes WITH a drip tip instead of having to buy one separately.

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
@Verb i know it ain't the first 2 post atty, but hey it's a marketing tactic to vapers who started dripping after the magma and whatever other 2 post atties dropped out of popularity in a way I guess. It was the first two post atty I bought. Another pic:
image.jpeg

The cap (not the drip tip) is the same style as the gold cap that comes with their cloud caps. I'm liking it. I have a shiny light blue Petri v1, matte black cloud cap, and now will have a matte black v2. Also have a dotmod DT in silver/friction fit, gold/friction fit, & soon black friction fit when my v2 gets to me

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
@Retro138 got his yesterday! Mine's coming today barring any setbacks with the ***** mail person. Forgotten to put items in the box on numerous occasions and one time my girlfriend had to chase them down the block expecting an important package but not receiving when USPS status was officially "out for delivery to [address goes here]".

snow blind

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
PA
it looks clean, but nothing special. other than looking good, is there anything notable about this atty?

Not at all. I was pumped to hear about the V2 but i see no reason whatsoever to upgrade from my V1.5. Maybe it's appealing if you stick crazy, unnecessary-multi-wire builds in your decks... but other than super huge post holes... nada.

Reactions: MadVLN

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
Actually one big advantage over the v1 & 1.5 is the fact that they have solid posts. One post has an Allen screw in it (I'm guessing posi post), preventing your builds from going into and down the post like on the previous versions & other atties, and the other post doesn't have a gaping hole all the way through it, it just goes down to right underneath the hole for your coils and then is solid underneath.
The deck has a very solid feel to it. Like it's not going to break off a post for no reason & the 510 screw is protruding & hybrid safe.
The v2 drip tip is included for once (thank you Dotmod) for the price. It's shorter, yet just as wide as the dotmod friction fit DT's. It's wider than the Baby Petri tips & im guessing a couple mm taller. But the bore is the same as the v1 friction fit tips.
Also on a side note, the airholes are oval shaped, I'm guessing to prevent whistling. That's different from the v1 & 1.5 that I noticed right away as well. The finish is immaculate. Out of the box & out of the corked vial, I smelled no machine oil, nor was there any oil residue (I cleaned everything none the less before use.
A note on the finishing is that it just feels nice. It's anodized aluminum but the dotmod logo is applied differently than on my v1 & my cloud cap.
Overall, I'm loving it so far.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Now is it worth the $90? to me, 100% yes. Is it a simple, basic design? Yes. I feel like I can be able to rely on this atty for a while to come without having to worry about defects or any problems down the line.

Last edited:

snow blind

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
PA
^^^Alll positive upgrades! Just not close to enough for me (personally) to justify upgrading from the v1.5 which is already a stellar atomizer.

Any pics of these new air holes? Very curious to see their shape and how beveled they are. That's one area i really wish they changed more. I was hoping for a multi-hole setup or cylon style to get more coverage over a large coil. The single, drilled hole is Patriot RDA-esq old school (for dual coil, 3 posters). Really an inefficient method unless they're super big holes like on say one of AV's caps.

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
^^^Alll positive upgrades! Just not close to enough for me (personally) to justify upgrading from the v1.5 which is already a stellar atomizer.

Any pics of these new air holes? Very curious to see their shape and how beveled they are. That's one area i really wish they changed more. I was hoping for a multi-hole setup or cylon style to get more coverage over a large coil. The single, drilled hole is Patriot RDA-esq old school (for dual coil, 3 posters). Really an inefficient method unless they're super big holes like on say one of AV's caps.
I'll take pics on Monday of the airflow, but it's the same size as the v1 & 1.5, just differently shaped & beveled on the outside of the cap slightly to prevent whistling. If you wanted more airflow, get the cloud cap, it fits all Petri models and has the 2x3mm airflow holes on each side. I don't know if you already have one for your 1.5, but it's worth getting one. Too bad mine is matte black, now I just want another color haha.

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
Okay so pics of the v1 vs the v2 air holes. You can see the bevel around the v2 (black) is much more pronounced than on the v1. The hole itself also is a little bit smaller, as I used a coiling rod to test the 3 caps I own. A v1 cap, a cloud cap, and the v2 cap.
image.jpeg
The v1 & cloud cap air holes fit up to 3mm. The v2 cap doesn't fit the 3mm rod, probably because of the slightly different shape. In order: v1, cloud cap, v2:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
the coiling rod's thickest diameter is 3.5mm. Both the v1 & cloud cap fit the 3mm bit on it but the v2 cap has a different shape hole that doesn't allow it to fit down to 3mm on a circular rod. I find the airflow the same across the v1 & v2 caps, both are 3mm, the v2 is just shaped a bit differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread