RDA Dotmod Petri v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechnoGeek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2016
USA
I got a clone from FT. Super cheap construction but vapes well.
I just ordered one of the FT clones as well. That said, even the authentic is made in China now, so...I don't think the authentic should be so expensive $30.00 - $50.00 tops, not $90.00 for an rda made in China....I think I'm just being realistic....What do most Chinese made RDAs cost???

Here is the clone I bought...

$9.58 Petri V2 Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - aluminum / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

We'll see about the quality when I get it, but for less than $10.00......

Which one did you get??

4616803-2.jpg

4616803-3.jpg

Reactions: SLIPPY_EEL

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
I just ordered one of the FT clones as well. That said, even the authentic is made in China now, so...I don't think the authentic should be so expensive $30.00 - $50.00 tops, not $90.00 for an rda made in China....I think I'm just being realistic....What do most Chinese made RDAs cost???

Here is the clone I bought...

$9.58 Petri V2 Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - aluminum / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

We'll see about the quality when I get it, but for less than $10.00......

Which one did you get??

4616803-2.jpg

4616803-3.jpg
Same one. Stainless though. I got two. It is planted on my SIG 150. The flavor is unreal. It comes from the domed top cap. Just like a Stumpy top cap or any domed top cap. Throws intense flavor. For the price, its a steal. I do see an authentic in my future but I need another atty like I need another sphinkter. Here's a pic. Look at the difference in the metal between the LokiLab SS router tip and the atty metal. It's like comparing balsa wood to oak.
9c473655c9913cd09827e4890d47c8dc.jpg

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
Have had my v2 a couple of weeks now, excellent build quality, and flavour for days but I am just not getting used to the restrictive airflow.

Am thinking about either drilling out 2 more holes or invest in a cloud cap
More airholes may kill your flavor.

Donnie Alexander

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2015
image.jpeg
Wondering on people's thoughts on the 510. It does protrude slightly but definitely a little worried using it on a hybrid top cap. If you unscrew it a bit then its pretty loose. I'm pretty sure it isn't adjustable. I love the mod so far just wish the 510 stuck out a little bit more.

-Steve

The 510 does not protrude enough for a straight to battery mod.

My photo came out a bit fuzzy, but it's near enough flush.

stevelenti

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
Can't say I haven't thought about trying it out. I was sorely disappointed when I realised how little the 510 protrudes.

Yeah, I just don't get why every RDA doesn't have a hybrid safe 510. I don't have a v1 or v1.5 but from what I am reading they have never had one that protrudes enough. I put it on my jux and it works but its just too close for me to feel comfortable. Back to the twisted messes for my hybrid mods.

-Steve

MrNobody

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2015
To anyone concerned about using this on a hybrid one of Grimmgreen's main setups is red cricket topped with a red dotmod v2. He's never mentioned any problems and has had it in his vlog the past few weeks. I know it doesn't mean much but he's real big on the community and if he didn't think it was safe he wouldn't be using it in his vids or at all, at least I like to think.

Reactions: Suwat666
Can someone explain the Cloud Cap V2 to me?
I just ordered the Petri RDA V2 and the Comp Cap V2 off eBay. I like the wider chuff style caps so I figured I'd like that one.
However for a whopping $50 I've seen a few sites online selling the Cloud Cap V2. Are the two holes on the side just bigger than the standard cap that comes with the RDA? Thanks

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
Can someone explain the Cloud Cap V2 to me?
I just ordered the Petri RDA V2 and the Comp Cap V2 off eBay. I like the wider chuff style caps so I figured I'd like that one.
However for a whopping $50 I've seen a few sites online selling the Cloud Cap V2. Are the two holes on the side just bigger than the standard cap that comes with the RDA? Thanks
The standard cap only has one air hole on each side while the Cloud Cap has two on each side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread