RDA Dotmod Petri v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok thanks. I believe the V2 Cloud Cap also has a fancy gold top you can switch out. The V2 might also have one hole on each side, just larger than stock but I might be wrong.
That little tiny piece hardly seems worth the $40-50 I've seen it for sale for. Maybe I shoulda bought an rda with good airflow out of the box. However I do like the post design. I'll see how it works when it gets delivered.

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
Ok thanks. I believe the V2 Cloud Cap also has a fancy gold top you can switch out. The V2 might also have one hole on each side, just larger than stock but I might be wrong.
That little tiny piece hardly seems worth the $40-50 I've seen it for sale for. Maybe I shoulda bought an rda with good airflow out of the box. However I do like the post design. I'll see how it works when it gets delivered.
I cannot remove it from my mod. The flavor is out of this world.

Hope you like it.

Do you have just the standard V2 or do you also have the Cloud Cap? I've been getting a lot of satisfaction out of my Velocity V2 Tobeco clone and I love the airflow and clouds. I purchased the Petri because it looked higher quality than what I'm used to and the cap seemed less fiddly than the Velocity. Something always has to be turned, lined up or tightened on that thing.

MrNobody

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2015
Got my petri setup in today, cloud cap v2, the dotcap as well as the petri its self. I got this atty specifically to run on a pwm mod I've got coming from the UK but that aside I'm running it on the undground series mod by mcm Philippines. Threw some alien coils in there coming out to .42 and this build is rowdy. The flavor is phenomal and the vape is nice and warm, though a .42 build at 8.4v that's to be expected. All in all I'm glad I bought this and will consider picking up a second in the future. Highly recommend.

EDIT: I am curious how everyone is placing their coils. I've got mine directly in line with the airflow but was curious how it would preform placing them slightly above it.

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
317L Deliciousness[emoji3]
931b461a714e381998253b8a0ae0782b.jpg
e7515ac440a6d66cc0c469fbc4a4b02f.jpg

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
Hey I saw that some people ordered the fast tech clone as well! Mine just came in and it appears to be fairly well made. Does anyone have any details about the safety of the gold plated brass with the clones? I'm still a bit iffy about using it.
Mine has held up so far after running many mls thru her. Keeping and eye out for chipping and wear.

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
Hey my ECF brethren it has gotten to the point with the thumb screw's on my petri v2 where I'm starting to have a hard time tightening them even with pliars. I use fairly thick fused Clapton's aliens and staple wire sometimes which are unfortunately really rough on my screws and posts. Does anyone know where I can get some replacement thumb screws ? If not the thumb screws regular Philips flathead or grub screws will work. Thanks for your time peepz 8)

Reactions: 1BlackSheep

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
What Guage, ID,how many wraps and lastly your resistance if you don't mind sharing wharf 8) very clean
317Lg, 14/13, 3MMID, duals, .3ohms.

Hits great at 50 watts with Max VG.

Pretty close to best flavor atty I own...Stumpy, Veritas, Nuppin, all the RMs, Sapor, Vector, Goon, all the tanks, Narda....etc.
081a11f18a42b64e946c28c6c718eaa0.jpg

Reactions: Sed8op8

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
317Lg, 14/13, 3MMID, duals, .3ohms.

Hits great at 50 watts with Max VG.

Pretty close to best flavor atty I own...Stumpy, Veritas, Nuppin, all the RMs, Sapor, Vector, Goon, all the tanks, Narda....etc.
081a11f18a42b64e946c28c6c718eaa0.jpg
Nice and ya I totally agree with you concering the flavor it is top notch !!! I also have the 213 and i love it. Its pretty much my go to while my DNAs collect dust.

Also where did you get those Philips head screws ?

Reactions: WharfRat1976

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
Nice and ya I totally agree with you concering the flavor it is top notch !!! I also have the 213 and i love it. Its pretty much my go to while my DNAs collect dust.

The screws came with the atty from FT. They are abit janky though. I have many different other thumb screws but have not needed to use them, yet.

Reactions: Sed8op8

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω

I'm quite surprised how big the screws are on this petri, i thought they were gonna be 3mm wide. just tried M3 size screws in mine and they were loose i didnt have anything bigger to try and no way of measuring properly but at a guess i'd say M3.5 x 5mm long, they are quite cheap to get off ebay, one of the cheapest places i use is called bolt base, maybe get a couple of the M3.5 and a couple of the M4x5mm just incase.

Whistling is sometime's associated with burr's in around the airholes, maybe countersink them a little by hand with a big drill bit or suck at a speed that the whistling stops :D

I have 3 petri's but dont use them :( lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread