Not open for further replies.

cigarbabe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2010
Residing in Henniker, NH
vaperstv
I love it C.B. Thank you. :2cool: My wife (Obviously not eligible for any contest) has been going nuts with this. Here are some more ideas.

View attachment 57092 View attachment 57093 View attachment 57094 View attachment 57095 View attachment 57096

Oh oh oh! Those are truly gorgeous!
I have absolutely fallen in love with #2 and #5.
# 2 because it matches my green and silver Empire which I use the White DOD on and #5 because I like 'em HAWT! :evil:
To be fair they are all beautifully done but you are really lucky and very blessed to have such an incredibly talented wife!
C.B.

Last edited:

phonedude

DIY Enthusiast
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2011
Kansas
Very nice indeed. My vote goes to number 2 in the first post. I really like both the black and white ones. But I got to thinking .......

So now I have a question. Does this paint come in silver/steel or gold/bronze? Sitting here looking at my mod a solid color of either would be awesome.

So do you all think that would work well? Some of the paint does look gold. And most important do you think it would hold up well? (Painting the whole exterior just to change the color)

If so I will buy more than just VG on my next visit to Hobby Lobby.

:)

scinsc

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2010
USA
Oh oh oh! Those are truly gorgeous!
I have absolutely fallen in love with #2 and #5.
# 2 because it matches my green and silver Empire which I use the White DOD on and #5 because I like 'em HAWT! :evil:
To be fair they are all beautifully done but you are really lucky and very blessed to have such an incredibly talented wife!
C.B.

Thank you C.B. I agree! She is very "Artsie". I like the 'Flames" also. Something both sexes could use.

Very nice indeed. My vote goes to number 2 in the first post. I really like both the black and white ones. But I got to thinking .......

So now I have a question. Does this paint come in silver/steel or gold/bronze? Sitting here looking at my mod a solid color of either would be awesome.

So do you all think that would work well? Some of the paint does look gold. And most important do you think it would hold up well? (Painting the whole exterior just to change the color)

If so I will buy more than just VG on my next visit to Hobby Lobby.

:)

Thanks phonedude. Yes the paint comes in all kinds of metallic colors. My Bride is working on one now that she painted silver and then is going to glue all kinds of fake jewels and whatnot on it. I have no idea how long the paint will hold up but I am pleasantly surprised so far. I wiped one off with a wet washcloth just to see and can see no deterioration. I think you would have to scrub it with alcohol to do much damage. I have no idea what eliquid would do to it but I suspect a hot water rinse would take care of that. I do think that with the way the DoD is used (the body only being touched to change bottles and attaching to the atty) it should hold up well. One caution, keep the paint away from the atomizer stem.

cigarbabe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2010
Residing in Henniker, NH
vaperstv
I was recently surprised to receive two of the very beautiful DOD kits seen in the photos.
They are even more gorgeous in person and I can't wait to show them off at VaperCon!
Thank you so very much scinsc and please thank your very talented wife
for making them!
I love them!
C.B.

scinsc

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2010
USA
I want to see one that looks like a water cooler - the sparklets kind that you see in offices.

OK. How about this?

DoD decorated 024s.jpg

scinsc

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2010
USA
When will it be in my mailbox? XD Awesomeness - its like awesome but with ness on the end!

When I first saw your post I was floored. What a hoot! We started that day to try and make one. My wife painted one up but frankly it didn’t look too good. It looks simple but we found it was very hard to paint. I drew it up on a computer, took it to Kinko’s and had them print it out on sticker paper. After application to the DoD I sealed it with a plastic sealer. So far it is holding up very well. It was a real hit at Vapercon. A word of warning..paint on the bottle will not hold up against eliquid.

Thank you MASTER0FDAMPF for such a great idea. :thumbs:

scinsc

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2010
USA
Hey I picked up one of this at VaperCon it is kind of like having an ugly spouse that is a chef and a champion in bed.

Not the prettiest but damn good living!

The Setup at VaperCon 2011

Best description I've seen. Thanks Debian Dog.

Vapercon was a good time and the DoD was a big success. It is very gratifying to see so many folks get past ‘looks’ and understand that function is what this device is all about. Speaking of looks, check this out.

pipe small.jpg

MASTER0FDAMPF

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Philly
I call this one "We three kings"

IMG_20111031_132946.jpg

I have another one that should have been in the mail from a contest, one purchased at vapefest vegas and one Custom one from scinsc!

(is it that obvious that I shop MV alot? ST eGo with DoD (2.5 ST atty), Maxi RS with DoD (18650 and 2.5 ohm ST atty), and my Auto Box (14500)

Working on a sealed auto box for use with my 3rd DoD.

What type of pipe stem was that on your DoD scinsc?

Jason_in_nc

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2010
It's a secret!
best description i've seen. Thanks debian dog.

Vapercon was a good time and the dod was a big success. It is very gratifying to see so many folks get past ‘looks’ and understand that function is what this device is all about. Speaking of looks, check this out.

View attachment 59214

i want one! That stem come from epipemods/cherryvapes?

cags

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
east TN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread