Drip-On-Demand-Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlarsen

ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2011
Helena, MT
My personal experience is that I like it with 2.0 ohm and up. 1.7's seem capable of burning so easily just on thier own..

jlarsen, do you mean the ce2 stuff that you have to fill with a syringe? If yes, then no because of the whole filling thing but with just regular clear cartos they work great.. They'll also work with any battery as they have no demands on the batteries or atties and just feed liquid in a nice consistent manner...

hoog

Yes, the ones you have to fill with a syringe. Now that I think about it, it makes sense that it would NOT work with them, because the liquid would drip down past the coil and into the center post... I really like my CE2 R4 cartomizers (non clear clearomizers). I'd like to try DoD, but I'm not sure I could go back to using cartos or attys again.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
...... I'd like to try DoD, but I'm not sure I could go back to using cartos or attys again.

I'd switched to almost 100% carto / ce2 usage when this came out. But since I had a bunch of attys in my stash box and needed to order from MV anyway, and it's so inexpensive....... I started trying the DoD on my variety of attys and was very pleasantly surprised, great flavor (atty like again), good vapor, easy feeding, not a leaker, worked out of the box - no modding. What's not to like about attys again :)

MagnusEunson

Bearded Super Villain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2011
Behind you
I'm ~20 hours of use into the DoD system and now have tried it with 40/60 PG/VG and the Vapage "Standard" Hybrid atty too. Whereas w/ the 60/40 mix on the HH.357 I ended up having to squeeze twice in five hours, with the 40/60 and Vapage it was six time in ~ten hours.

I'm about ~20 hours of total use with a DoD and with the exception of a little clean-up when changing attys it's been maintenance free. -Magnus

StotheK

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2011
Knoxville
www.stevevape.com
my bottle is leaking..i put everything on tight..worked great the first 2x i refilled....but now its leaking around the threads of the dripper tip...wiped it all down...any suggestions?

The bottle may have split at the threads causing your leak. Apparently over tightening the bottle can do that since the plastic is so soft on those bottles.

scinsc

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2010
USA
my bottle is leaking..i put everything on tight..worked great the first 2x i refilled....but now its leaking around the threads of the dripper tip...wiped it all down...any suggestions?

Sorry this happened debb and thanks Stothek for helping out. The bottle is very pliable but it makes the DoD work better than any other we tried. Here are a few things that will help.

Wash out and thoroughly dry it. **It is critical that the dropper tip is secured properly back onto the bottle after you fill it with your eliquid. Since the bottle is very pliable that can be a bit tricky at times. The easiest way to do this is to hold it your hand between your thumb and forefinger at the very top of the bottles neck. Try it a couple of times while it’s empty to get the hang of it. With the tip side up screw the bottle into the DoD. Do not force it past its natural stopping point. The bottle is very flexible and can tear where it meets the threads on the DoD if you overdo it.

Every time you need to refill the bottle it’s a good idea to give it a good inspection and test before you attach it to the DoD. Once a week it will help to run some hot water through the dropper tip to keep it clean and flowing.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
Ordered late thursday night - order filled friday morning - delivered today when the mail ran. Madvapes shipping rocks!

Honeymoon impressions: So far it's working well. I'm using a 2.0 ohm smok tech atty on a joye ego 650 battery. The atty measured 2.0 ohms on my meter and it's performing really well. I didn't put much liquid in the bottle and the atty has a fairly light draw, so I am squeezing the bottle every once in a while but that's easy to do. I think I'm going to like this just fine.

My impression. It's a winner! :vapor:

MagnusEunson

Bearded Super Villain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2011
Behind you
I got some time trying the DoD w/ a SMOKtech dually cartomizer. First I loaded the carto like normal and then setup the DoD. It's not a normal setup but I saw somewhere this was "experimental" and decided to give it a shot. It worked ~OK~.. it did keep the carto moist for many hours. When I finally checked it, it didn't look at all like it had dried. Just not quite saturated.

The thing is the cartos don't let you get a good vacuum effect until they're actually clogging which defeats the point.

I tried it with a Joye 510 atty, stock, and it worked quite well. I'd say the best combination is still the DoD/HH with a close second being the DoD/Vapage. However, I'm just finding this having trouble with any of the usual suspects. At this point I've got well over 40 hours in my lungs so when I done w/ this travel cycle I'll formalize a review. Good stuff the DoD is. -Magnus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread