Drip-On-Demand-Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

VirusZ

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2011
La La Land
Give me a break, I dont work for no supplier and I just browsed new posts section that shows all new posts, never checked that this thread is a sub-thread in madvapes.

VERY UNCOOL to promote one supplier's product in another supplier's forum. The two devices are not even similar so IMO your motives are suspect at best.

EDITED:
...Just my opinion. Hoog's a better man than I LOL!

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
I cut a carto condom and placed it on the carto and adapter, no air leaks at the atomizer shaft.
Thank you six. The original design was for a 510. We found differences in the circumference in 510's. The solution was to make the atomizer shaft on the DoD increase in size from the tip at 510 to the base at a 901. That is why some of your 510’s won’t bottom out and it would take some effort to do so. I am just shooting from the hip here but if the DoD fits snuggly into the atomizer shaft, I don’t think air leak is the problem. I suspect the atomizers themselves. Some have a more airy draw than others and it sound like you are zeroing in on the right ones. Please keep us posted. Thanks.

StotheK

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2011
Knoxville
www.stevevape.com
I got my DoD yesterday so I've just been playing with it a little bit so far I like it, but I'm still not quite used to how funky it looks :)

I'm one of the people who didn't care for the product from the other vendor, I don't want to link out to it, but there is a full review of that other product on my site. I say that just to point out so far I think the DoD works a better for me even if it's more cumbersome.

I am using both cartos and attys on this, and there's no flooding problems on the cartos because the way I use this thing, it's not held perfectly perpendicular, so the juice will go down the side rather than straight down into the hole anyway. I did notice that some atties are too airy for the vacuum to work well, and the auto feeding does seem to peter out as the juice supply dwindles.

These are just my initial takes on the device, I'll probably give it the full treatment some time next week :)

Demon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2010
Hungary
I got my DoD yesterday so I've just been playing with it a little bit so far I like it, but I'm still not quite used to how funky it looks :)

I'm one of the people who didn't care for the product from the other vendor, I don't want to link out to it, but there is a full review of that other product on my site. I say that just to point out so far I think the DoD works a better for me even if it's more cumbersome.

I am using both cartos and attys on this, and there's no flooding problems on the cartos because the way I use this thing, it's not held perfectly perpendicular, so the juice will go down the side rather than straight down into the hole anyway. I did notice that some atties are too airy for the vacuum to work well, and the auto feeding does seem to peter out as the juice supply dwindles.

These are just my initial takes on the device, I'll probably give it the full treatment some time next week :)

I also ordered one, but it hasn't arrived yet (to Europe it takes some time).
Could you take a photo of your device with the DOD sitting on the top of it?
I can't wait to see how it looks like on a device .The MadVapes photos weren't too "informative".

StotheK

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2011
Knoxville
www.stevevape.com
Sure, here it is perched atop a Provari. I haven't done the full compliment of photos yet, just took a quick one from my phone when I got it. The drip tip on the end of it isn't part of the setup, just something I stuck on there.

fyVk.jpg

Demon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2010
Hungary
Sure, here it is perched atop a Provari. I haven't done the full compliment of photos yet, just took a quick one from my phone when I got it. The drip tip on the end of it isn't part of the setup, just something I stuck on there.

fyVk.jpg

Oh my God! That's huge! :) (that's what she said...)
Thanks a lot for the photo! Now, at last I can imagine how my device will look like.
It's sick! :)
Actually it looks like the ProVari is just a stand for your "e-pipe". :)

StotheK

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2011
Knoxville
www.stevevape.com
Oh my God! That's huge! :) (that's what she said...)
Thanks a lot for the photo! Now, at last I can imagine how my device will look like.
It's sick! :)
Actually it looks like the ProVari is just a stand for your "e-pipe". :)

It kind of does look like a pipe on a big stick :) Here's another image I have laying around with it attached to a smaller mod. You can also pretend it's a ray gun when you're not vaping :)

fz53.jpg

Demon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2010
Hungary
It kind of does look like a pipe on a big stick :) Here's another image I have laying around with it attached to a smaller mod. You can also pretend it's a ray gun when you're not vaping :)

fz53.jpg

You are telling it to the right guy. :)
I have a Saber Touch right now and it looks like a Lightsaber.
Now I'll finally have a ray gun too! All I'll need is to get a Darth Vader costume from somewhere. That will be the perfect vaping-Jedi experience. :)

hoogie76

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
Charlotte, NC
  • Deleted by hoogie76
  • Reason: dupe

dragit

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2011
Wyoming
WOW the vaping community is a bunch of cheap .......s.

Supply... demand... you got a problem with the price then go buy ya one of the $60 alternatives. They wont mind. Its your loss in the end

I dislike when customers do nothing but complain about EVERYTHING. If I had it my way i'd tell them all where to stick it (and take their biz somewhere else)

For christ sake people you cant even buy a candy bar for under a dollar anymore!

When i order my RS i will be ordering one of these to give give it a whirl.

scinsc

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2010
USA
I received an email today about a problem with the DoD flooding. There are three things that can cause this;
1) Over squeezing the bottle when the atty is already primed.
2) Not having the dropper tip properly secured to the bottle after fill-up.
3) Over tightening when attaching the bottle onto the DoD and causing it to split.

In this case there was a split in the thread area of the bottle. Replaced the bottle, problem solved.
We spent a great deal of time and effort on finding just the right bottle for the DoD. The one we use is by far the best for this application. I wouldn’t say that it is fragile but it isn’t bullet proof either. My recommendation is to screw the bottle in until it stops. Any force beyond that is unnecessary and might cause it to split.

It is always a very good idea to carefully inspect the bottle after every reload to make sure the dropper tip is secure and you don’t see any cracks. Go to the MadVapes site about the DoD and click on our web site for more information.

Thanks to all for the great comments. SC

Last edited:

scinsc

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2010
USA
Thanks dragit I appreciate your support and I hope you enjoy your DoD. :thumbs:
I am a guest here and I try my best to stay away from negative post about the DoD. It is a brand new product and I understand that the product will have to stand on its own. I just want to concentrate on the positive aspects of the DoD.

Last edited:

EDDIE D

ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2010
FLORIDA
well, got around to using the dripondemand the last few days (friday/saturday/sunday). the first day it worked quite well, after the initial prime it took a while to require another manual squirt (in addition to the suction squirt). the next day i dropped voltage down to 3.7volts because i think the 4.8volts was burning faster than i could suction drip. it was doing fine yesterday. now today, sunday, the unit hasn't been keeping up with my vape inhales. the vapor has been weak and i've been squeezing and dry sucking the pipe to ensure enough wetness for my atomizer. wasn't getting enough so i ended up squeezing the bottle while i was inhaling to draw extra juice. got a little too wet and had a tiny gurgle. so, i swapped in my 4.8volt battery. now it's been going good again, just the other thing was a little hiccup i guess.

5f0tom.jpg

so from the pic you can see i'm vaping on my diy unit, same switch as the roughstack/chuck and brass bodied. looked good when shined up but i didn't clearcoat it, so my hand kept turning green. i ended up wrapping a tennis grip around it to prevent my hand from greening up and it's also a comfort mod too. this is my mod that works with 18650s and the flat topped 4.8 nimh battery that madvapes sells. my primary mod is going to be the maxi roughstack (yeah they finally got in stock in august) but i had to send it in for servicing so i'm using my large diy mod (my original intent was a longer body with a doublestacked 18650 regulated down to 5volts but i kept breaking the internals pushing them in the tube).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread