Drip Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkgear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Islands in the middle of the sea
Okay, so I went to that Chinese site of ill-repute and ordered a ton of drip tips (of crappy machining and design, I'm sure). I'll post up real pics when fasttech gets them to me in a month or two...or three.
1368708-4-thumb.jpg
This one rotates! Pivots and spins!
1540800-4-thumb.jpg
The very unoffical Chi You drip tip, complete with random serial number.
1522401-3-thumb.jpg
They have 9 more colors as well. This is going to look good on the ProVari.
1541800-3-thumb.jpg
Chaos tip, with engraving.
1502701-3-thumb.jpg
1478900-3-thumb.jpg
Pipe mod toppers.

and I ended up buying about $100 worth of other stuff while I was at fasttech. The irony is that I was just looking for a cheaper version of Captivape's $20 DS90 drip tip.:facepalm:
Internet, why you betray me?

I have some of those. When you get them, tell me if you have ever seen a thinner zip lock bag than the one those DT come in. Its almost like the bag is made of saran wrap. ;)

sunnata

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2013
voidness
The ones I use most often are simple ss pawns. I got used to ss when I was trying to find gear my favorite juice wouldn't melt and I just got used to them.

I just wanted to say thank you for this post. I have a couple orders of drip tips (a few SS, but most acrylic/delrin) that have been stuck in customs for ages, and if they ever arrive, you probably saved a few of them from cracking.

I'm not a big fan of SS drip tips. I love how they look, I'm not crazy about how they feel. Glass and stone both sound better to me, but personally I would prefer something in acrylic or delrin.

My favorite flavors are all tank crackers, but until seeing your post, I had never considered that my newly found citrus addiction would not only affect my tank choices, but also my drip tips... :facepalm: :oops:

I'll go sit in the corner with my paper hat, please carry on :/

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
I just wanted to say thank you for this post. I have a couple orders of drip tips (a few SS, but most acrylic/delrin) that have been stuck in customs for ages, and if they ever arrive, you probably saved a few of them from cracking.

I'm not a big fan of SS drip tips. I love how they look, I'm not crazy about how they feel. Glass and stone both sound better to me, but personally I would prefer something in acrylic or delrin.

My favorite flavors are all tank crackers, but until seeing your post, I had never considered that my newly found citrus addiction would not only affect my tank choices, but also my drip tips... :facepalm: :oops:

I'll go sit in the corner with my paper hat, please carry on :/

Delrin is okay with the juices, but it only comes in black and while. There are tips made of wood around, but I've never tried one. I have a couple of ceramic tips that I like. And, of course, there is aluminum. FT has stone ones made of "jade" that I think look interesting.

It's only acrylic and polycarb tips that are a problem.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
I like that.

Hey, any of you glass blowing Provarinati have any plans to make ProVari Eye "tank bobbers" or whatever they are called? The little glass doodads you put inside glass tanks.

They are called "tanklets" or "tank charms." I have no clue where the names came from.

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
Where do yall find all these nice tips? Seems like all the sites I go to have pretty plain ones and the shops I do to pretty much have what I find on line just more expensive. Yall always have nice looking things and I can never find them.

Some of us make our own things...

Also, some things can be found in limited edition from crafters, especially the glass and wood items. There are a lot of different small specialty sites online for vaping stuff too.

sunnata

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2013
voidness
Delrin is okay with the juices, but it only comes in black and while. There are tips made of wood around, but I've never tried one. I have a couple of ceramic tips that I like. And, of course, there is aluminum. FT has stone ones made of "jade" that I think look interesting.

It's only acrylic and polycarb tips that are a problem.

everything sort of happened at the same time (finding favorite juices in citrus flavors vs ordering drip tips), that I just had never stopped to consider it, til yesterday.. sad but true..

I had seen the 'jade' ones, they were interesting indeed. I really like the idea of stone. Still haven't really looked much into wood, wonder how finish/resins might come into play. ceramic is another I have to look into.

but finding out that delrin is ok sure helps, so again, thank you!! what about teflon? is it safe too? I also ordered a couple in teflon.

I don't mind being stuck with black if it turns out to be my favorite drip tip. but in reality, as time goes by, I am getting more used to SS and might just stick to that.

these are the first two SS that I ordered that are yet to arrive:

slotty.jpg

dt.jpg

:mail: :glare:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Personally, I wouldn't use any vape gear made of Teflon. At high temperatures Teflon gives off a toxic gas. It's a small amount, but using non-stick cookware gives off enough to kill pet birds. We don't vape at cooking temperatures, but I don't know if there might be a reaction to juices and I don't want to have it near my face for long periods.

I'm skeptical of wood too, but for different reasons. It seems like being in constant contact with liquid would make it waterlogged at some point.

ChiefAllDay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2013
Ft. Campbell, KY
Here's a shot of my two new drip tips. The left is the jasper stone tip, and I was extremely blown away by the size. To whomever recommended stone drip tips, I owe you one! The right is a Cherry Vape O-Ringless Ming Drip Tip with mini adapter. I have no idea why, but I kinda like the way it is a bit away from the tank. If you bite on the tips like I tend to do, this ming works awesome.

drip_tips.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread