Status
Not open for further replies.

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
I just thought of something. I wonder if CGBEADS can make a graphite mold for the bases with the ribs in them. That would be ideal.

I did have to grind them... and in the pix, there are several that won't work because they need more grinding off the bottom. These are still not a good solution tho... they work with a bunch of o-rings yes, but I want them to fit like a plastic one, and be as easy to pop on and off as the plastic ones. Here, the o-rings can slide off the glass because it's glass, so am still needing a better way to handle the groove for the o-ring.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Well, I did a few more tests on drip tips, after looking at the tips you guys showed. I am getting closer. These will work with a bunch of O-rings (I used 4), to grip. The o-rings are on the middle bicone shaped 2 tone one, and that's all the o-rings I have til I get more.
1e71ffdb-d0b8-4a18-aeea-87bcc6c16145_zpsbc46682f.jpg

Anyway, the 2nd row are my latest efforts, thought I'd do a variety of plain shapes, and maybe frost some into 'sea glass' too. The top 4 were my first practice run (see how I changed the bottoms?):

DSC_0523640x439_zpsdaa9ccc5.jpg

DSC_0527640x533_zpsaa90bc61.jpg

Thought you'd like to see where I'm at... but I'm still not there yet:).

Fabulous! You are on to a very impressive start!! :) Just in time for the holidays (stumbles over self trying to give a subtle hint).

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
Goes well with the blue tank. Love your bling!!

This drip tip was a freebie in my last Spectrum order. I usually don't like glass, but this one I love because of the shape at the tip feels comfortable and not like I'm sucking on a mason jar...
emezeqaq.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
Yeah, I have the same problem but I usually use a silver drip tip so it doesn't show. I do try to buy the ones that are closest to the tank sizes I have. The ring is a great idea, had no idea the carto is too long.

Susan, I have to put rings or something on some of my tanks cause carto is 2 long and you can see it. I wonder if anyone else has this problem?

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Susan, I have to put rings or something on some of my tanks cause carto is 2 long and you can see it. I wonder if anyone else has this problem?

I think it's a common problem. I mostly use ss tips, so that hides it, but I have also used little strips of black tape and beads.

Stormy1960

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2013
Lubbock, TX
Yeah, I have the same problem but I usually use a silver drip tip so it doesn't show. I do try to buy the ones that are closest to the tank sizes I have. The ring is a great idea, had no idea the carto is too long.

Only a few of my tanks are that way. I will use that or an o ring, oh well we make do..lol

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
This drip tip was a freebie in my last Spectrum order. I usually don't like glass, but this one I love because of the shape at the tip feels comfortable and not like I'm sucking on a mason jar...
emezeqaq.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That's exactly what concerned me about my first, more 'freeform' batch. They are lovely in person... but I realized a tapered top would be better, which is why I did different smooth shapes for the 2nd batch in different top thicknesses.. so I could compare. Design is great, but these are functional pieces, so form must follow function here.

I like your cobalt blue top, looks neat with your tank:). I ordered tank tubing, so I'll be making decorated tanks before I mess with the tips again. I like the bicone shape best for the tips so far... it matches the Provari teardrops well, and looks a bit like a burning flame on top of a long candle. I'll definitely be doing more of those shapes, in fire colors too, once I figure out the bottoms. I am currently in love with watermelon tourmaline... so are planning to make some 'jewel' tips in the colors of real stones, and that was top on my list (the above were color tests too... left to right, emerald, amber, jade, garnet, aquamarine, watermelon tourmaline, tourmaline). Just held back by technicalities:)!

Princess Ocelot, I hope I am able to get the bottoms figured out well before Christmas too!!

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com

I have this problem on a few tanks... it's a very small space tho... might be a good space to stick a decorative ring for dangles:)?

GREEN ZOMBIE

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Calgary AB
Far out! Team Bobo! where did you find him?

How lovely! There are a lot of people looking for one, but they are hard to find. Cherish him, but I'm sure you will. Was I right or was I right that regardless of his appearance he is a nice mod?

Ok, So just out of curiosity I went on a search, I quickly found 4 places to order a BoBo from, (Not that I want one) But they are out there. and also come in a mine variety made of metal also.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Ok, So just out of curiosity I went on a search, I quickly found 4 places to order a BoBo from, (Not that I want one) But they are out there. and also come in a mine variety made of metal also.

Where did you see they can be ordered (outside of large wholesale orders)? Exhale was the only vendor who carried them and, so far, haven't said they would do another order. I've seen the mini on the Sigelei site - it's just not weird enough to attract my attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread