The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Drippin..... drip, drip..

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Sm0kyBlue, Jun 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Sm0kyBlue

Sm0kyBlue Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 8, 2013
    Okies.. maybe someone can clear this up for me.

I was bragging today on how nice my dripping is going and that I can finally taste my juice and actually enjoy my vapes now.. when the guy I was talking to said to me..

"It's old school technology, it's had it's day and it's outdated.."

umm.. well.. I don't know anything at all.. except that it works for me, it keeps a smile on my face, it relaxes me, and I no longer feel I do not get enough nic, in fact, I have had to cut my nic back a bit (still tinkering with levels..) but...

I was curious and thought I would bring this here, to see what others think on driping, and if it has "had it's time"..

**Not sure on what I think on who said that to me.. I don't really know him, but I know it is working for me.. that's what counts!:vapor:

2. moijamie

moijamie Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 18, 2013
    Netherlands
    Its not outdated imo just do what you like ciguarettes are older then driping and yet they sell alot so do what you like to do ;)

3. The Ocelot

The Ocelot Psychopomp Verified Member ECF Veteran

I also find dripping relaxing. :)

4. Iron Molly

Iron Molly Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 27, 2010
    State of Anxiety
    The only other thing that is as good as dripping (for me) is bottom fed. And I've been vaping for a while. Old, new, who cares as long as it works! :vapor:

5. madstabber

madstabber Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

It's not outdated it can be inconvenient. I drip to try out my juices before commiting to a full tank so it definitely has its place. It gives you a better cleaner flavor in my experiance.

6. Sm0kyBlue

May 8, 2013
    I think you all are right on the dot on it.. :vapor:

Maybe I am just an old soul, or a hippy in reincarnation, but yesterday was my first time doing it and since I am mainly at home right now, it's ok..
    What tickles me is that it isn't for everyone, we all have our own ways we like.. well it leaves more dripping supplies for me!! YAY!! lol :p

7. Orobas

Orobas Equine Disrespect Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 3, 2012
    Jarhead City
    I usually use an octopus, or phoenix clone, or vision eternity at home. So I "semi-drip" i guess.

You know, if dripping works for you, then fantastic. I can certainly understand how the ritualized nature of dripping can be appealing. But don't drip and drive, folks ;)

8. DC2

DC2 Tootie Puffer Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 21, 2009
    San Diego
    Dripping will never be outdated to those who love to drip.
    And even those that hate to drip still will keep doing it if only to test flavors.

You might want to ask this person if dripping is so outdated and old technology...
    Why are we seeing more and more RDAs?

Assuming, of course, this individual who knows so much actually knows what an RDA is.
    :)

9. Sm0kyBlue

May 8, 2013

See, that is what I am thinking too.. He had issues understanding what a drip shield was too.. I don't think he knew a lot on the dripping at all. :blink:

10. Johnnie Price

Johnnie Price Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 18, 2012
    Waldorf, MD
    Dripping is all I've been doing for 3 months now. If I wasn't dripping then I'd still be smoking.

11. BostLabs

BostLabs Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 13, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ. USA
    Hmmm well yes I guess it's old school tech....

coil, wick connected to connection points that go to a switch and power.

Ok Lets look at my ProTank.

Hmmm Ok lets look at my EVOD

I'm sensing a pattern starting to form here.

My CartoTank?
    Using x-ray vision here

Well! There you have it. The only real difference is e-liquid storage.

My point? hmmm I'm sure it's in there somewhere.
    :D

12. tidegirl

tidegirl Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 21, 2011
    Panama City, FL
    You got that right! If he don't like dripping he doesn't have to drip. If there was one perfect setup for all of us, that would be the only setup available. I personally am not a fan of dripping. First atty I got always had a metallic taste. Second one leaks bad. Just not my thing. But if it works for you, drip away!!!!

13. Sm0kyBlue

May 8, 2013
    umm bostlabs!! :laugh:

I just used what a friend sent to me, a 510 kanger carto, pulled the padding and inner plastic tubing out, dripped a couple drops of juice.. poped my drip tip on and dripping right now too!! hmm.. but I bet you can drip from other things too.. seeing how I did this.

Still.. if someone doesn't know about something.. the only thing needed is to ask.. and to think the whole convo started over drip shields.. :laugh:

14. shatner

shatner Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Jan 12, 2010
    Houston, Tx.
    The person that said that obviously is oblivious to how others vape. I'm a dripper; always have been, always will be. There are several of us in the Natural Tobacco thread in the juice sub-forum.

15. kabonk

kabonk Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 1, 2010
    NW Detroit Burbs
    with a RDA I like dripping more now a day

16. Chimney34

Chimney34 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Hey Smoky! I'm enjoying dripping so far too! I purchased my first dripper to test out my DIY but I find that I like it when I'm at home. I think I need a drip shield though. I tend to stick with 70/30 so it can get a little messy but aside from that I have no complaints. Ill probably be grabbing a couple of RDA's soon too!

17. BostLabs

BostLabs Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 13, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ. USA
    Obviously!

I have a little Phoenix dripper that I use for DIY or whenever I want.

If it works for you, and so far they all have for me, then it is for you. Don't let anyone tell you different.

18. Sm0kyBlue

May 8, 2013
    Well, I think I am a dripper too, now!!

I like tobacco flavors to a point.. as long as they are smooth mellow nutty and a bit sweet.. :)

but then again, I look at all my juices right now, and other than menthol, all I drip is sweet! hmm.. ;)

thanks, I don't think he knew what I was talking about either. He told me he used tanks and that was it, up to date vaping. wow.. :facepalm::blink:

19. Sm0kyBlue

May 8, 2013

Chimney!!! :laugh:

I picked up today a piece:

Authentic X8 Electronic Cigarette Atomizer Heating Core
    $1.95 Authentic X8 Electronic Cigarette Atomizer Heating Core - aka cartomizer at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

and this.. duh lmao I forgot to add this bit in..

Authentic X8 2.5ml Electronic Cigarette Atomizer
    http://www.fasttech.com/product/1336002

Going to try it out too.. but I do like the dripping. When I did my first one, my poor brains left the room and it took me all night to get my 2 brain cells left, back into my head!!! :toast:

20. Chimney34

Chimney34 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Thanks for the link! I know what you mean! It tastes wayyy better but I felt like I was OD'ing on nic. I had to sit down for a while. Now looking into RDA's my head is hurting...wool, cotton, wire, wrap this many times, dont let the wires touch grrrrrrr :shock:I wanna scream!! I think I'm getting in over my head! Lol! But ill fig it out I guess! If not ill just continue to keep it simple!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.