Status
Not open for further replies.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Here is another great thread to check out...
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...405910-regular-atty-drippers-dying-breed.html

Most definitely not a dying breed.
Not even close.
:)

I've been dripping exclusively for about four years now. When I started it was drip or carts and I tried every cart mod out there, but none of them gave the vapor or flavor level of a good drip. I've tried a couple of tanks with the same results, they still drown the atty and tone down the vapor. I've only recently learned about bottom feeders and that seems promising, so I'm going to build one and see how that goes.
If you want to buy a good bottom-feeder the Reo is time-tested and top of the line.
The VMOD is a less expensive version that also gets very good reviews.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
put the drip tip on and take a vape..

it's that simple.

now I don't know how to drip from other things, but this is so far, working for me. I can taste all of my juice now, inhale and exhale.
The head rush I got from the first time, omg, it was out of this world!!!
I used an Ego-t with the tanks or an XL carto and that was fine for daily use.

BUT once in a while if I was super stressed and really wanted a massive ....-smoke like cloud to relieve my mind - I had a drip tip set up and would get this mix I made of tobacco and caramel (Kinda like RYU3 but made myself) and drip it a few times and almost fill the room with vape.

Don't know of anything else other than actual smoke that comes close to that. Have tried high and vv ecigs but it's not the same - they make me cough and are not fulfilling.

The ego with drip tip set up made massive clouds that filled my lungs, gave strong th without coughing and strong flavor and liek the other pster quoted mentioned - a SUPER HEADRUSH! So dripping and mod / super pv's are two different things imo / ime

Last edited:

Sm0kyBlue

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...405910-regular-atty-drippers-dying-breed.html

Not even close.

If you want to buy a good bottom-feeder the Reo is time-tested and top of the line.

not sure what all I want, but with that oddesy clone I just picked up, it might be good for traveling, instead of dripping..

I think I will just keep on dripping.. ;)

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
.I was bragging today on how nice my dripping is going and that I can finally taste my juice and actually enjoy my vapes now.. when the guy I was talking to said to me..

"It's old school technology, it's had it's day and it's outdated.."

Now thats funny lol.... Dripping is the best way to vape....been at it for 3 3/4 years.... Of course I drive a stick shift manual transmission, I guess thats out dated too-unless you want more power and engine control!

aubergine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2010
MD
Maybe it's like coffee-brewing, this new-school, old-school stuff.
I started with a $7 Melitta, then a good automatic coffeemaker, then a burr grinder and a Chemex pourover, then a French Press, and then an Aeropress, and along the way picked up an Ibrix for Turkish coffee and a moka pot... etc.,
and now prefer the Clever Coffee Dripper, $22, for everyday brewing. It's a glorified Melitta. Cracks me up that that's what the serious coffee geeks approve now.
I have a K-cup thing which will live in the garage forever.
I've not tried vacuum brewing because I have my limits. Sort of.
The bean matters most.

Dripping makes the best vape. It's way too busy for all-day chain-vaping.
I don't like tanks and clearos, I find them overrated, inconsistent, fiddly and I don't like the draw or taste of most them. I don't like my beautiful bottom-feeder much, either - a clever, cumbersome way to get a fairly standard vape. How's that for iconoclastic?
I'm not rebuilding ANYTHING, period. If it doesn't work well as-is, or needs workbench projects, I don't want it.
I like the taste, draw and ease of cartos - I have no difficulty initially filling them and topping them every now and then. I never keep one longer than 2 days, they're just a coupla dollars each.
If I'm at home and it's a leisurely time, I'll drip - luxurious.
The juice matters a lot.

Last edited:

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
I'm not rebuilding ANYTHING, period. If it doesn't work well as-is, or needs workbench projects, I don't want it.
I like the taste, draw and ease of cartos - I have no difficulty initially filling them and topping them every now and then. I never keep one longer than 2 days, they're just a coupla dollars each.
If I'm at home and it's a leisurely time, I'll drip - luxurious.
The juice matters a lot.

This is me to the tee. Xl cartos are ace, can be re-used a lot if you get good ones and are cheap. No leaks, no hassles or maintenence.

Just easy and pleasy!

Then at home if you want a real 'rort' just tale of the carto, pop in a normal size empty cart thingy, few drips on the naked atty, pop on drip tip and BINGO!

Keep it simple is best imo

degnr8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Aberdeen,WA,U.S.A

Not even close.

Being a modder, I want to build my own first and may wind up buying a production model later. ATM I'm on a quest to find a good RBA for it cheap

BigBaby

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
West GA
The person who said that to the OP is just dumb. However, I am sad to say that it reminds me of people who can't set up and use a flawlessly vaping carto tank so they go through life using only clearo's and IMO missing out. It also reminds me of people who think that anything that is not VW is out of date and not worth using.

Dripping is great.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    OH-hell, guess I'm just destined to be old school and outdated then :lol:

P1000687_zps8a851894.jpg

aubergine

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 22, 2010
    MD
    The person who said that to the OP is just dumb. However, I am sad to say that it reminds me of people who can't set up and use a flawlessly vaping carto tank so they go through life using only clearo's and IMO missing out. It also reminds me of people who think that anything that is not VW is out of date and not worth using.

Dripping is great.

Dripping IS great. For those who love dripping. Carto tanks are better than clearos. For those who prefer them.

But folks who disagree with you aren't dumb. Doesn't mean they lack experience or the skill to set things up properly.
    Nice thing about this forum is the general lack of name-calling, yes? That's the way information and opinion is best shared.

Last edited:

MsComptrtchr

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 30, 2013
    Tucson, it's a dry heat
    So, Sm0keyBlue -

I could totally do that, but when you do all that to the XLs - what's left at the bottom of the atty? Is there a wick and coil? In other words, is it still something I need to clean out everytime I change flavors or do I just chuck it after each one? That's what confuses me. I'm used to EVODs. Are cartos only good for one flavor?? For 40 flavors, I'm concerned about spending a lot just to try them all.

this is what I was sent from a friend:

Mind you, I am only using an ego t and a ego ctwist

the carto:

5 pc. Empty Kanger XL Horizontal Coil Cartomizers for 510

the drip tip:

Acrylic Swirled Drip Tip for 510/901/808

when I got it, she told me to open up the carto package and take one out..
    take off the rubber end caps and remove the white end with the hole in the middle
    remove the padding you will find inside, along with the white plastic tubing.

take your juice and add 5 drops (make sure to have a wash cloth near by for leaks!)

put the drip tip on and take a vape..

it's that simple.

now I don't know how to drip from other things, but this is so far, working for me. I can taste all of my juice now, inhale and exhale.
    The head rush I got from the first time, omg, it was out of this world!!! :laugh:

I hope this might work for you:vapor:

it won't leak too much after the first few hits.. so don't worry it will be like this forever..

DC2

Tootie Puffer
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 21, 2009
    San Diego
    The IGO-W looks good too I'm going to get a few of those
    I'm trying to Google it but not finding anything.
    I'm going to guess the "W" is for wide?

I have my eye on the IGO-S because I want things that hold LESS juice.
    I also want something as small as possible.

I like changing flavors frequently.

I've been using standard 510 atomizers for years now, but some day I will run out of them.
    And in case of vaping armageddon I am going to need a some rebuildables.

Last edited:

kabonk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 1, 2010
    NW Detroit Burbs

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I'm trying to Google it but not finding anything.
    I'm going to guess the "W" is for wide?

I have my eye on the IGO-S because I want things that hold LESS juice.
    I also want something as small as possible.

I like changing flavors frequently.

I've been using standard 510 atomizers for years now, but some day I will run out of them.
    And in case of vaping armageddon I am going to need a some rebuildables.

The A7 mini holds 5 drops, does not have a side hole to leak all over everything, and the draw is very much like what you are getting with a 510. It'll be a while before I run out of normal atties, but I doubt that I'll ever buy another one.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread