Drippin..... drip, drip..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sm0kyBlue

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
Chimney, check out that tank I popped up.. no wires, no coils or wicks.. just padding and a inner tube inside of a tube, tucked into a tank.
Looks simple to me, will let you know how I like it in a week or so.. If I forget, climb into my mail box and remind me!!! :laugh:

Thanks for the link! I know what you mean! It tastes wayyy better but I felt like I was OD'ing on nic. I had to sit down for a while. Now looking into RDA's my head is hurting...wool, cotton, wire, wrap this many times, dont let the wires touch grrrrrrr :shock:I wanna scream!! I think I'm getting in over my head! Lol! But ill fig it out I guess! If not ill just continue to keep it simple!

degnr8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Aberdeen,WA,U.S.A
I've been dripping exclusively for about four years now. When I started it was drip or carts and I tried every cart mod out there, but none of them gave the vapor or flavor level of a good drip. I've tried a couple of tanks with the same results, they still drown the atty and tone down the vapor. I've only recently learned about bottom feeders and that seems promising, so I'm going to build one and see how that goes. If you find dripping inconvenient on the go, you could always attach a bottle to the side of your vape and run a tube to the tip, then you just squonk like a bottom feeder to get a drip. Not my idea BTW, somebody posted a pic in another thread I'm following. Will repost it here when I can get motivated to hunt it up.

NGAHaze

Infinity Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Georgia
haha true that!!! :)

He told me he only used tanks, but now I forgot what he used.. Must be early old timers for me!! :laugh:

**I hope not!! :p

hmm I am tickled there are people here that do like to drip. Makes me happy I am not dripping all by my self.. aww... :blush:

Not by a long shot! When I'm at home, that's practically all I'll use, out and about is another story.

Drip On! :)

MsComptrtchr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Tucson, it's a dry heat
Without filling this up with noob dripping questions - can somebody point me to some beginning dripping blogs or youtube video that helps me see and understand dripping? I just perused a thread about it and now I can't find it - grrr!! I have about 40 new samples to try and not enough time in the world to mess with my EVODs to try all of them.

I looked at the Octopus and could not figure out how it was used. I need an intro to intro to dripping :confused:

Ibocpro

ECF Veteran
May 15, 2013
NW WA
Alright I feel better now, for one back to my regular keyboard, too hard to type on the tablet.. And for two, I started on clearies, then progressed to carts and atties, and now feel that I have graduated to RDA's :p

The trick for me with dripping is that I finally was able to make a decent coil and learned how to meet the needs for dripper. Each one is different and has to be catered to, just like people, no two are alike and respond well to the same things.

So right now I am stuck on my IGO-L, every other device just does not meet muster (I think actually I just have not learned how to make it shine), with some time though we shall see :2cool:

NGAHaze

Infinity Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Georgia
Without filling this up with noob dripping questions - can somebody point me to some beginning dripping blogs or youtube video that helps me see and understand dripping? I just perused a thread about it and now I can't find it - grrr!! I have about 40 new samples to try and not enough time in the world to mess with my EVODs to try all of them.

I looked at the Octopus and could not figure out how it was used. I need an intro to intro to dripping :confused:

Read back in this very thread a page or two ... there's a post by the Ocelot where she provides a link to her blog on dripping; good info!

Grabbed the link for you:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/the-ocelot/4005-drip-drip-drip-sound-dripping.html

MsComptrtchr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Tucson, it's a dry heat

Ibocpro

ECF Veteran
May 15, 2013
NW WA
I would not recommend the Octopus for a first, just got one and it takes some working to get "just" right. The easiest would be to just get a dripping atty, $5 or so, so drip and toss. For learning check Tastmyjuice, google "pbusardo IGO-L", (yep pugging again for my IGO), he has a good video that does well to show you how to rebuild. Note though that the IGO's that ship now have better O-rings and are pretty tight...

EDIT: and follow ^^ advise, should have thought of that myself :oops:

Sm0kyBlue

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013

this is what I was sent from a friend:

Mind you, I am only using an ego t and a ego ctwist

the carto:

5 pc. Empty Kanger XL Horizontal Coil Cartomizers for 510

the drip tip:

Acrylic Swirled Drip Tip for 510/901/808

when I got it, she told me to open up the carto package and take one out..
take off the rubber end caps and remove the white end with the hole in the middle
remove the padding you will find inside, along with the white plastic tubing.

take your juice and add 5 drops (make sure to have a wash cloth near by for leaks!)

put the drip tip on and take a vape..

it's that simple.

now I don't know how to drip from other things, but this is so far, working for me. I can taste all of my juice now, inhale and exhale.
The head rush I got from the first time, omg, it was out of this world!!! :laugh:

I hope this might work for you:vapor:

it won't leak too much after the first few hits.. so don't worry it will be like this forever..

Sm0kyBlue

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
I would not recommend the Octopus for a first, just got one and it takes some working to get "just" right. The easiest would be to just get a dripping atty, $5 or so, so drip and toss. For learning check Tastmyjuice, google "pbusardo IGO-L", (yep pugging again for my IGO), he has a good video that does well to show you how to rebuild. Note though that the IGO's that ship now have better O-rings and are pretty tight...

EDIT: and follow ^^ advise, should have thought of that myself :oops:

your igo-l reminds me of what I got too..

SM20 Electronic Cigarette Round Mouth Detachable Dripping Atomizer for Empire KeCig K100
$5.65 SM20 Electronic Cigarette Round Mouth Detachable Dripping Atomizer for Empire KeCig K100 - silver / 2.4

bout the same concept.. and I think this one is rebuildable too..

NGAHaze

Infinity Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Georgia
your igo-l reminds me of what I got too..

SM20 Electronic Cigarette Round Mouth Detachable Dripping Atomizer for Empire KeCig K100
$5.65 SM20 Electronic Cigarette Round Mouth Detachable Dripping Atomizer for Empire KeCig K100 - silver / 2.4

bout the same concept.. and I think this one is rebuildable too..

Yes, that is a Phoenix type RDA and it is rebuildable. I have several of those and I love 'em. They are a little small so at first it's a little tedious to work with but you get used to it. It will fit perfectly on your eGo.

Ibocpro

ECF Veteran
May 15, 2013
NW WA
The SM20 is similar but is smaller than the IGO-L, also looks like the Octopus in that it may not have a "well" to retain or hold the juice. That is the thing I am not liking about the Octopus, if you take the cap off and there is any juice in there it will pour over. When you are first building you will want to try, adjust, try, adjust... It is also harder to work with the "little" devices at first. Not trying to discourage you but just want to share my experiences..

Sm0kyBlue

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
The SM20 is similar but is smaller than the IGO-L, also looks like the Octopus in that it may not have a "well" to retain or hold the juice. That is the thing I am not liking about the Octopus, if you take the cap off and there is any juice in there it will pour over. When you are first building you will want to try, adjust, try, adjust... It is also harder to work with the "little" devices at first. Not trying to discourage you but just want to share my experiences..

No worries, Ibocpro.. As long as I am not smoking, everything is all good!

I am learning, and well, really having fun with this! and that is what I hope we are all doing.. besides dripping!! ^_^

I gota head to bed.. will dream of drips, but hopefully not leaks hehe!! :) Night ya'll!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread