Status
Not open for further replies.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
JamesW at Krimson Kustoms does custom and can make you one. Ken at boxmods.net does or did make the Bid Daddy which is not listed on the site anymore, could be temporary, you could contact him if you're interested. Smartvapes has a dual 18650 vv listed in stock built in a Altoids Tin if you want to go that route.

Bmbvegabmb

Sep 26, 2011
Mississauga ont
I have bought a couple of mods from Shan B of VAPECORE.com and every one is just great they are VV at there best.Vape up to full battery charge of 8.4 volts if you wanted to. ,I own right now 1 14500 mod that lasts easy 1 day of my vapeing of about 5ml and I own 1 18560 VV mod that with IMR's in it last me easy a day I run it with AW IMR's at 1600mha and 2000mha batteries. Shan has got the VV mods worked out and they vape like mad tons of vaper with single coil carto's or dual LR carto's or any addy you want to put on them. And Shan makes them custom just for you if you want. She can be out of stock at times but she is a one girl show and a mother but loves what she does and does a great job of them. I have just bought my 3rd mod from her and hoping for it this week and have 2 more on order as customs. You can check out her web site at Shan Mods @ VAPECORE.com or on facebook. She is a very friendly girl and willing to answer any questions you may have. So if this is what you are looking for a VV mod with 14500 or 18650 batteries then check her out You will not be sorry.

AdariousMistdancer

Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
Central WI
Bmb ... I had a look at Shan ages ago actually, however her storefront is consistently sold out, and I was put under the impression that there's a long line to get into in order to get one of those. It was actually her page I was looking at prior to posting here. I do have a Lavatrash (lavatube), but I really don't care for it at all....and it cannot possibly compare with most real mods. There is some time sensitivity involved, as the button is now faulty on the unit and my sole device. I suspect it won't last over a month from now and had no warranty a week after I got it.

Being on a tight budget, Shan's mods certainly have appeal in terms of cost. While there are some better ones out there, they are also almost twice the cost, with a few exceptions. I have yet to make any final decisions, but like I said, I will have to soon. I considered Ken's at one point as well, however I'd have to say that between his and Shan's were that the choice to be made, I'd have to side with Shan's. Ken, however, has quite a good deal on 2 sets of 18650 batteries and a charger.

I appreciate the feedback, thanks.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Best advice is to get on Mamu's list and wait for her to make something you like.
    Right now she is playing around with the new Evolv DNA board tho' which is a booster and only needs one bat.
    This one has two DNA boards for 24 watt max output.
    dna-p4.jpg

Course if you want to, here is an easy step by step pdf to build your own Mamu designed mod. I built mine to use 14500 bats, but it's simple to adapt the design to any battery size that you want to use.
    http://www.howder.com/dena_howto.pdf
    That OKR T6 controller is the catsass.

Last edited:

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 5, 2011
    Knoxville, TN USA
    I'll try no to derail the thread, but I fear that the DNA 12 with a single 18650 is not going to cut the muster for all day use. It could be possible to parallel 18650s, which is inside the scope of the OP's question, tho.

As far as my personal experience, I've built my own 18650 VV boxes and they are quite large and not so pocket-friendly. I've used mostly 1/4" hardwood, tho, so that adds 1/2" of girth on all sides.

AdariousMistdancer

Verified Member
    Jun 20, 2011
    Central WI
    Thanks but size doesn't really concern me much. I have large enough hands and could care less if it fits my pocket or not. While that wood mod looks nice, I will not do another booster setup again. I would just as soon save for a saber touch even though in this case, time doesn't allow for it. So, so far the options are talking to Kustoms, Ken, or attempting to get in touch with Shan and seeing if one can be made in the necessary time frame.

No matter how many times people tout the booster mods, they can not nor will they compare to dual battery mods. How expensive were your boxes to make Dougie?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread