• Reason: unregistered supplier

SailCat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2009
Beaverton, OR
www.SailCat.com
Just thought I'd toss in as I received an IPV4 about a week ago and I'm happy with it. It's a handful but I guess I would say the same about any 2x18650 box. It's well-constructed and hasn't skipped a beat. I have yet to try the temp-control capabilities but when I do, it'll be with a factory coil wound with Ni-200 or titanium wire (for one of my sub-ohm tanks), either or both of which are available now for those of us who are wind-your-own-impaired.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Ranger for sure.... Link below, on right of page lists the refinements by Raff.

That probably was true, but now there is a version 2.1 of the Hexohm. The Hammond boxes are machined flat to eliminate the "lean" and crooked atty, they added a 3d printed battery sled, a ribbon for pulling the batteries, and a new potentiometer. The box is anodized rather than powdercoat, so it's a lot smoother and looks more finished - so the 2.1 looks and feels a lot better than the 2.0, which is similar to the Ranger in that regard. If an on-board DVM and kill switch is critical to you, then the Ranger still rules.

As far as VW mods with a screen, I prefer Sigelei mods. I currently have a 100+ and have owned the 100w non+ version and a 30w Sigelei. All performed fantastic. I had an IPV mini and didn't care for it at all - the "buck" circuit is useless at low ohms and wattage, but so is a DNA30.

Anyway, for me it's the Hexohm and Sigelei mods. If I'm looking for temp control I use my Hana DNA40.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrPlink

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
Just thought I'd toss in as I received an IPV4 about a week ago and I'm happy with it. It's a handful but I guess I would say the same about any 2x18650 box.

I'm buying a SnowWolf 200W this week. Dual 18650, temperature control, and a LOT smaller than the IPV4. In fact it's only slightly larger than the IPV2 Mini.

1741735_423675281146123_599078538_n.jpg

For a removable dual 18650, regulated, temperature control mod it's tiny. The only similar dual battery mods I know of that are smaller have non-removable batteries like the Evic VT 60.

Last edited:

SailCat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2009
Beaverton, OR
www.SailCat.com
I'm buying a SnowWolf 200W this week. Dual 18650, temperature control, and a LOT smaller than the IPV4. In fact it's only slightly larger than the IPV2 Mini.

1741735_423675281146123_599078538_n.jpg

For a removable dual 18650, regulated, temperature control mod it's tiny. The only similar dual battery mods I know of that are smaller have non-removable batteries like the Evic VT 60.

Yeah, that's pretty. I'm still liking the IPV4, though. For a VV/VW/TC mod, I can live with that 100 watt top end in a device 10mm taller for $65. Thanks for sharing, though. Please let us know how you like the SnowWolf if you get one!

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
Yeah, that's pretty. I'm still liking the IPV4, though. For a VV/VW/TC mod, I can live with that 100 watt top end in a device 10mm taller for $65. Thanks for sharing, though. Please let us know how you like the SnowWolf if you get one!

Batteries are charging now.

First impression though, the magnetic back door is solid, doesn't shake or rattle at all, yet is really easy to remove when you want. It's recessed so you're unlikely to accidentally open it, and the magnets are nice and strong.

It's even smaller than I expected. Here it is compared to my old Hana Modz 30W clone. Hard to believe it's a dual battery mod.

20150625_161113.jpg

I'll come back and edit this in a little while once my batteries are fully charged. Guess I need to get my Starre ready since I don't have any nickel wire or nickel coils yet to test the temp control with. Seeing how that Starre works at 70W should be fun though.

EDIT....

OK, I've had about a half day to use the SnowWolf. First impressions is that it delivers a lot more power to the atty at the same setting than my old 30W mod did. Tried it with both my Nautilus and Subtank Mini and I'm consistently having to lower the voltage by 2.5-3W on the SnowWolf compared to the old 30W. This is particularly a good thing when it comes to my Subtank, which always seemed a bit underpowered on the 30W maxed out at 30W, but performs great on the SnowWolf at 27W.

The SnowWolf is a bit heavier than I was expecting. Doesn't bother me a bit, but some may be annoyed. Unfortunately I don't have my nickel wire nor any Ni200 coils at the moment so I cannot test the temperature control yet. Both of those should be showing up later today so hopefully I'll be able to give that a test tonight.

Used the SnowWolf for nearly 3 hours this morning with my Starre at 65W. That thing really hits great. Then ran the Nautilus at 13W for an hour and the Subtank at 27W for an hour. The battery indicator still shows 95% charge left.

EDIT 2 ....

Now almost 11 hours into my day, mod still at more than 75% battery left. Much better than I was expecting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hitcat44

Akasticker

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2013
Philadelphia
I'm in the same boat, I am in the market for a dual 18650 box mod. I'm leaning towards the hexohm v2.1.

My only wish for the hexohm was a battery meter stuffed in there lol, not really concerned with voltage display but I have been using mech mods for some time now, so it shouldn't really be an issue.

I looked at the snowwolf, but I have no plans to go above 100 watts and I have no interest in temp control. But it does look sexy compared to all other regulated box mods, I'm just worried the chip isn't up to par, having the most accurate power out is my #1 on the list, and it seems the hexohm and ranger mods take that.

Any other dual 18650s out there? (No sigeleies, or ipvs for me)

EyesoreJr

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2015
Steeler Country
If one were to make their own dual 18650 mod, what would be a good board to use? I prefer at least 30w but do not want to use the DNA 40 board due to the issues with it. I don't need 100w and until temp control gets more solid and can use multiple types of wire, it's not something I will use. Any advise would be appreciated.

bluehaze013

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
Florida
I'm in the same boat, I am in the market for a dual 18650 box mod. I'm leaning towards the hexohm v2.1.

My only wish for the hexohm was a battery meter stuffed in there lol, not really concerned with voltage display but I have been using mech mods for some time now, so it shouldn't really be an issue.

You can pretty much tell just by the vape when its time to change the batteries, I will admit in the beginning when I first got mine I went passed the point where your batteries will supposedly be ruined, drained to like 2.9v and it basically stops producing any vape at all and i'm still using those batteries right now and they work fine. Voltmeter would be nice but it's really not necessary, I've grown to love the simplicity of the Hexohm. Have a second special one coming in the mail today matter of fact lol

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
How about an SXK 60-watt 'Vapor Flask' clone. This mod used (2ea) 18650 batteries.

Uses a SXK version of the DNA40 temperature controlled chipset. It can be ordered from 3FVape for $60.79 (shipped) using the discount code: 3fvape5off

SXK VF Style Temperature Control VW Variable Wattage APV Box Mod - Silver, Aluminum, 1~60W, 2 x 18650 - 3FVape

BTW ... If you don't like messing around with Ni200 or Titanium coils, this mod can be also used in the standard Variable Watt mode and accepts regular Kanthal coils from .06 to 5.0 ohms with an adjustable output power range from 1 to 60 watts ... Not bad for a 60 buck mod :)

Oh, and the max output voltage is 8.4

Last edited:

rolf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
spokane wa
Hi

I'm just curious what mods are out there that take dual 18650s and are VV. I have seen a few, but it seems to be tough finding many of them, and most of the time when they are found they're either sold out or on back order for who knows how long.

Thanks
build your own its funn !
right now very happy with two 18650 in series . using okr t10 . vapes 3 days !build two different ones .
using mamus scematic .small dual 18650 build | E-Cigarette Forum
explained how ..but did not even get one comment ..just have fun .

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
I bought a Cloupor GT 80 and am very happy with it. One of the smallest form factors of any dual 18650 Device. Picked up a silver one for around $56.00 at Royal Vapes. Angel Cigs has the lowest price for shipping inside the U.S at $48.00 but they only had black and I don't like black because it seems to blend into the background and is hard to find.

Been vaping on a crown tank .25ss Coil at 4v or 60 Watts. I guess I'm old fashioned because even though it has Variable Watts
switched it to Voltage Mode yesterday. I've been vaping over 24 hours or 12 ML and haven't run out of battery power yet.

It does have two negatives the first is that the door was rattly. I got around with the following fix.
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/cloupor-gt-80-rattly-door-fix.704100/

The second is that it's not a 150-200 watt device, so I don't get bragging rights like I cant' say "Mine is more powerful then yours".
Possibly there are Tanks that may give me a better vape at higher then the 80 Watts my APV is capable of?
Since I'm very happy vaping at 60 Watts on my Crown Tank not sure if the Higher Wattage is really necessary.

I think that the trade off in Power is well balanced by the small form factor.

If I come into a windfall might look at the IPV3 LI

cjpeltz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2014
United States
I have a few Crowns. And I run the . 25 coils between 65 and 70 on a D2. I have tried higher watts but it is too hot for me. I do have two 200w devices but I still run the Crown around the same wattage. So if it works for you stick with it. No need to buy a higher Watt device unless you want yours to be bigger than your friends. :=

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread