DUD builds

Status
Not open for further replies.

spraintz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2010
Dallas, TX
Been thinking about a cobra and was wondering if the dual wicks double the amount of vapor. How does your Bliss perform. My did is fantastic!!!

The BliSS to me is an atomizer that is hard to beat. I feel it is just about the best bang for buck of the high end atomizers in terms of quality, design, build options and performance. I have run dual wicks and coils with it before and damn near choked myself out. I usually just stick with single wick lately. If you are gonna run dual wicks and coils you will need a mod that can push some serious power to get the most out of it. As far as vapor production.....I can get as much or more vapor from a well built single coil with less complication but it's nice to have the option for dual when I'm bored and feel like messing around.............that happens a lot ;)

Back to DUD builds, I got my IBTanked tank replaced on my DUD and I just ordered some 30g and 28g wire and I'm gonna bore out my air hole a lil bit more and run this thing into a fog maker :headbang:

Nurzrachit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2011
Gray,GA.
Spraintz ain't seen you since mobydick was a minnow. What's been happening? I got my hands on an Ihy and have been coming in and out of the rebuildables section to browse and occasionally post. Let us know how it does with a bore. One of the worst parts about the atty is that dinky wick. Later bro.

spraintz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2010
Dallas, TX
Yeah, I was out of town for awhile and been pretty busy since I came back.....but hey, I'm back :)

I was thinkin about going with a hybrid but couldn't bring myself to do it yet. I went with a GP PAPS and put my BliSS on top of it. Got the look feel and size of a hybrid but can still use other atomizers.

On topic: I think I might try the "3-hole" airhole design on the DUD like MISTerE showed, I just need that lil bit more vapor. The wick is small but it's worked well for me....

LucidAce

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2012
right about here, USA
Kool, I have been lookin at the ihybrid pretty close, looks pretty sweet, my only beef is the that it has an "i" attached to it...(sorry, not an Apple fan;) )

I have also been looking at getting a new lathe....might be making my own atomizer/mod soon :ohmy::headbang:

Right on, spraintz. Maybe if you go that route you could make something with the ScubaQu atomizer in mind to meet the needs of that kind of setup...once we figure out exactly what those needs are lol.

DrewGrimey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2012
san jose
Does this seem legit? (well as legit as a clone can be) Looking for the best price/quality ratio...

$21 + free shipping for the clear tank Vulcan DID clone.

The Vulcan - Rebuildable Atomizer Tank

Also, do these require me to use a syringe to fill? or is the fill hole big enough for a drip type bottle to fill it up

Last edited:
Does this seem legit? (well as legit as a clone can be) Looking for the best price/quality ratio...

Also, do these require me to use a syringe to fill? or is the fill hole big enough for a drip type bottle to fill it up

From the 3rd/last review bottom of the page you linked: "... You'll need a needle to fill it or a needle tip on your bottle. I left the fill hole screw out, seemed to help it wick better."

Far as I know, none of these type RBAs can be filled with a normal blunt nosed e-liquid dropper bottle.

Looks pretty much like the 2 CHIDs/DUDs I have, only with some SS components (mine are all brass with chrome plating) - mine work great now I've got them figured out.

HTH! ',;~}~

DV

CountSmackula

Genisis Junkie
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2012
BFE, KY
Looks like what everyone else is selling. Don't know how much SS there is in the atty - unless they found a new manufacturer... Yes, you will need either a needle & syringe or a needle-tip bottle top to fill these.

Last edited:

dirtyrigger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
From the 3rd/last review bottom of the page you linked: "... You'll need a needle to fill it or a needle tip on your bottle. I left the fill hole screw out, seemed to help it wick better."

Far as I know, none of these type RBAs can be filled with a normal blunt nosed e-liquid dropper bottle.

Looks pretty much like the 2 CHIDs/DUDs I have, only with some SS components (mine are all brass with chrome plating) - mine work great now I've got them figured out.

HTH! ',;~}~

DV
Actually, i accidentally gave my last needle to a friend, thinking that i had extra at home, while i wait for my WL order to show up with more I've been refilling my aga-t strait from the bottle, chid is refillable with a pipette.

TBinAZ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2012
Mesa
In a pinch, I have made a little long neck funnel out of tin foil. Works pretty good depending on how much VG and how tight fitting your mesh wick is. I normally keep my wick diameter a tiny bit smaller than the hole. Really helps with wicking and you can even keep the fill plug screw in if you want to.

Actually, i accidentally gave my last needle to a friend, thinking that i had extra at home, while i wait for my WL order to show up with more I've been refilling my aga-t strait from the bottle, chid is refillable with a pipette.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin

That's the one I have. I like it. The TH and flavor from the SS wick is outstanding. The only thing is that my vapor is thin. If any pros want to chime in that would be great.
Anyway, I don't think it's a stainless steel tank, as there is a SS version of that one, different size- more like a cobra. I don't actually even know what the benefit of a SS atty is. Better flavor?
For that matter, I don't even know why some attys are considered high end. Maybe it's for the dual wicking ability. I'm sure someone will fill me in. Please do.

LucidAce

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2012
right about here, USA
That's the one I have. I like it. The TH and flavor from the SS wick is outstanding. The only thing is that my vapor is thin. If any pros want to chime in that would be great.
Anyway, I don't think it's a stainless steel tank, as there is a SS version of that one, different size- more like a cobra. I don't actually even know what the benefit of a SS atty is. Better flavor?
For that matter, I don't even know why some attys are considered high end. Maybe it's for the dual wicking ability. I'm sure someone will fill me in. Please do.

Could you give some specs on your set up? Size of the mesh, what gauge wire, total length of wire/number coils, the final resistance of the coil, what voltage you're typically using it at etc.

j4mmin42

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Arcata, Cali
Looks like what everyone else is selling. Don't know how much SS there is in the atty - unless they found a new manufacturer... Yes, you will need either a needle & syringe or a needle-tip bottle top to fill these.

This is the original version of the dud, so ar as I can see. It's nearly entirely magnetic steel, minus the top cap.

The TRUE SS version of the DUD will have a brushed finish. It is more expensive plus high MOQ's which is why we haven't seen a retail version yet. I should post a pic.

j4mmin42

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Arcata, Cali
Here you all go...

The stainless DUD:

Screen shot 2012-12-05 at 12.21.26 AM.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread