Dumbest mistakes you've made in vaping (beginners to advanced)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I was playing a computer game with friends and decided I needed to refill my tank. For some reason I put the uncapped bottle on my laptop, made a dumb movement somehow, hit the bottle and it fell on my keyboard. Lots of e-liquid everywhere. Keyboard died. Laptop died.

Not good, :nah:

• Agree
Reactions: Letitia
Lol dude. I’m from the UK

Sarcasm (being the highest form of wit) is something I’ve grown up with and adopted.

I get you @Cynophobe

Ps. Do you have an irrational fear of dogs?
What is this "Irrational" of which you speak?
Authors.......Dr Seuss. Beats anyone hands down. Except for Anon. He/she was widely read.
The adage that "One can not believe everything one reads" It took me ages to work out that people actually do not die in alphabetical order as they are shown in the obituaries in the newspaper.

Last edited:
Reactions: mountaingal

searcher

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2009
Bossier City, La
Jumped in the boat too, stockpile stm coils thinking this all I needed. just to find easy to use rta's.
If we wait long enough,they still could be useful.

Yea, ive got 2 quart jars full of 510 atties (vacuum sealed) on my vape shelf.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
May 2012. Vaping for just seven months at the time, I left home to help a friend sell stuff at a craft show with just one mod with a carto tank. On the way to the venue, carto blew out.

The next four hours were an extreme effort in self-control, as a bodega was in walking distance, and a pack of Marlboro Mediums was calling my name.

I made it through, flew home, and that was the last time I ever went anywhere with just one mod in tow.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Dumb buying is the top of the list here. Several times in the early vape years for gear that didn't get it done for me.

For example, buying ProVari's (including some limited edition and prototypes that were never used) and endless high end US/Euro custom tanks, accessories etc for them that were all retired not long after I bought them. It was gear not suited to what had became my vaping style.

The dumbest was buying a very limited edition Greek VapourArt GP PAPS TiX unicorn to help folks on their forum that said they really wanted one but wasn't computer literate enough to score one of the 89 available in the very short time before they were gone. That was in July 2014, $530+ spent. No one on the forum stepped up to buy it for just my out of pocket cost + shipping to them. But some did want it for less, a couple even wanting to pay installments over a long time period. I still have it and all its accessories NIB... keep it as a reminder about folks on forums are just acquaintances at best.

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Last edited:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I'm pretty sure I read this post in real time. :lol:

Here's mine from 2015:
TVECA post table of contents for Deeming Final Rule

I did do some damage to my walls with those wayward cartos propelled by centrifugal force. Oh, I miss Leaford; all I have left is his famous lanyard.

LOL! I believe you DID read that in real time then there, Madame Katya! How funny to think back on all our massively important carto convos!

To the Leafordeer! :toast:

upload_2019-1-20_22-19-11.png

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I am not admitting to any dumb mistakes. :vapor:

What happened to Leaford?

The last that I remember is that he was planning on starting some vaping venture, but kind of fell off after that. I could EASILY be mistaken, and he may have risen outside of my knowledge.

I'd hope so, at least. :)

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Oh God, that's awful. My heart hurt a little bit when I read that.

I'm an excellent READER I was English lit in college and I used the library all the time when I was poor. I still do sometimes....

I so hope you are joking.

Hmm, okay, a dumb vape mistake, not locking my legend in the car and taking a puff, in the dark. It had gone up to its maximum.

Worst dry hit I EVER got, and the coil was so burned when I went to change it, it wasn't reading.

Poor little thing.

It was really hard to maintain control of the car, actually.

Anna

OMG that must’ve been horrorific!!
I’m a huge reader also. Always have been. With few exceptions I read at least 3-4 books a month but mostly historical fiction stuff.

Reactions: stols001

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I'm pretty sure I read this post in real time. :lol:

Here's mine from 2015:
TVECA post table of contents for Deeming Final Rule

I did do some damage to my walls with those wayward cartos propelled by centrifugal force. Oh, I miss Leaford; all I have left is his famous lanyard.

I remember the carto days. Still have a few for backup. I used the condom method when I filled them. Cartos were a huge step above dripping drops into those old eGo and Joye attys. I had a short learning curve, but part of that was discovering that you couldn't drip into them and vape immediately. You had to either fill it to the top and let it soak down or use the rubber condom that came with it and fill the condom with juice, reinsert the carto, and then let it soak for a while to make sure it was saturated.:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread