Dumbest mistakes you've made in vaping (beginners to advanced)

Status
Not open for further replies.
7 years ago, I decided to try an e-cig. It looked just like a regular cig and tasted like a dirty sock, but i was determined to stop a 40 year smoking habit.

Dumbest thing I did was the first week. I lit the end of my ecig on fire, melted the light on the tip and shorted out the battery. LOL

If you're new to vaping, this will help. Put your lighter in a drawer. :p

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
That's one gorgeous Coppervape BF!

Thank you but that is not a Coppervape, it is a Custom Classic mod. It is the mod Coppervape “copied”.

Copyvape?

Don’t get me started, wouldn’t have been so bad but in Coppervapes original advertising they used pictures stolen from Custom Classic to advertise their mod.

I’ll shut up now :oops:

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
It never really ends. Not for me anyway.

I just filled a Lemo tank and forgot to put the plug back in the fill hole. Took it through to the kitchen and started watching the TV. Took me a while to notice the juice pouring down my hand. The tank was empty by the time I got to the sink.

What I really need is gear that's idiot-proof.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
I think this is dumb?
I haven’t set my old gear up in sooo long.

Can’t work out if this setup is long, wonky and plain ugly enough lol next to a 10 for some context
3CCE3BB5-48BA-4E0C-8285-ACCA28C1D436.jpeg

You really want a Juul??

Anna
Seeing as you have thrown down the gauntlet my lady, my second shall communicate with your second and make it so that we draw swords at dawn? Or do you prefer pistols?
Winner gets the others' vape stash. Oh......and a custodial sentence.
Can one vape in clink?

Reactions: mountaingal

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Seeing as you have thrown down the gauntlet my lady, my second shall communicate with your second and make it so that we draw swords at dawn? Or do you prefer pistols?
Winner gets the others' vape stash. Oh......and a custodial sentence.
Can one vape in clink?

‘Seconds out!’ Ding ding

Wait... wrong sport.

Oh well, ‘fight, fight, fight’ :pop:

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
You really want a Juul??

Anna

Kind of weird. Your post and the one above it from Zut are both showing as #105. Maybe it happens when 2 posts come in at exactly the same time but I've never noticed it before. Mind you I doubt I've ever looked at the times on posts. Your post was short so they were close together on the screen and it caught my eye.

As for the Juul idea, think I prefer to live with the occasional leak or other misfire. Might be fun to try one though. And there may be a time when the eyes or the arthritis get to where it would be the only way I could vape.

Vapefiend

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Connecticut
My dumbest mistake was the first time I made my own juice. I wore gloves the entire time and then took them off. I then decided to wash my syringe/mixing gear not realizing there was still nicotine inside the syringe. Needless to say I didn’t need to vape for the rest of the day.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Driving in my car, had my mod in my coat pocket, took it out and took a big hit. Didn't realize the mod went to full power while in my pocket and almost died from the massive burnt hit I just took. Fried that coil and didn't have a back up. After that, I checked the settings when taking a mod out of my pocket and taking a hit.

I usually power lock the setting, but didn't yesterday. My Hcigar DNA75 went to 75W in my pocket. Took a hit and HOT! I let go of the fire button before damage was done. I'm still vaping on the same coil and wick today with good flavor.

I can see that happening on my Jac Vapor DNA75 if I don't lock it. The fire button spring is really weak compared to most.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I can only speak for AZ, but one cannot vape in the prisons here. I kind of GUESS it's across the board honestly because prisons systems seem REALLY intent on not allowing anything nice to happen and I mean that most sincerely.

I am old enough to remember when they were phasing OUT cigs just as I was getting my Master's degree and before that, I was like, "I bet prison's not so bad I mean... My family would bring me cigarettes."

Not these days! Fortunately I am also way more law abiding.

I sometimes put my batteries in the charger backwards, when I am in a hurry makes me feel dumb. LOL.

Anna

ETA: I think I prefer pistols at dawn I've always found fencing unbearably pretentious (except maybe the Princess Bride) like one unforgivable thing Star Trek did was make Picard a FENCER. I'd like tot think fencing did NOT survive space travel but apparently it did.

Last edited:

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
I don't get much of a nic punch when I get some on my skin.

I get kind of itchy where it spilt though :?:

Also, messing with juice then taking my contacts out (while making the grizzly error of not washing hands properly).

I can’t work out whether it’s the banana flavour or nicotine which stings more...

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
I usually power lock the setting, but didn't yesterday. My Hcigar DNA75 went to 75W in my pocket. Took a hit and HOT! I let go of the fire button before damage was done. I'm still vaping on the same coil and wick today with good flavor.

I have the VT75D stainless steel mod and found out the hard way to lock or shut off when in pockets. My problem was not the wattage turning up, it was the fire button would press rather easy. Took a few times of grabbing in my pocket to feel a real hot mod to figure out what was happening. It was the fire button was face down and the weight of the mod would fire it. That stainless steel gets real hot too, ouch.

Well, that made me click your avatar to double check your gender!
In the dark, can you really tell the difference? 'Beggars', as they say, in my case at least.
Travelling over some mountains with mobile phone (cell) and Protank 3's in the centre console of the car - had a look at the view at the top and a check of the phone for coverage & yep! Coverage alright! Phone is full of juice that leaked out of Protanks all over the phone due to atmospheric pressure changes. They also say I could talk under water but this time I actually sounded like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread