E-Cigarette Consumers May Take an FDA Ban Personally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roadmaster

ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2009
Mountains of Virginia
Although it is obviously a pitch, I cant agree more with the sentiment. I will figure out some way to continue vaping. I seems remamrkable that some would want a person to fall back on cigarettes. I won't, but I won't give up vaping either! I have kids, I am 49 and feel the best I have in years! I had to send my favorite jacket to the cleaners to get the old smoke smell out! I could go on of course, but i won't rehash the known benefits. Like many, if the worst does happen, I am going to figure a way to keep vaping instead of smoking.

Gregg

scintar

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Pinellas Park FL
Damn right People will take it personal.
Thousands of people have been doing their homework on this product. Every part and all of it's contents have been researched and all of it's worst case possibilities have been debated. The only proof that we don't have is long term effects. This is a new product and we don't have that yet. It is a no brainier that the e-cig is a safer alternative to traditional cigarette smoking and for the FDA or any other group to say it is not is just a flat out lie. Yes people take it personal when the government lies and slaps you in the face for their own interests.
Just look at my sig big brother. Sorry if it hurts your pocket.

Last edited:

OutWest

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2009
Oklahoma USA
www.alternasmokes.com
I take it personally because I had to watch my father die from lung cancer and I know that if I continue burning tobacco I will most likely suffer the same fate. I've tried traditional stop-smoking methods and failed, admittedly partly because I do enjoy smoking. If ecigs can let me enjoy inhaling nicotine with the chance of being safer than traditional cigarettes, then I should be afforded the opportunity to use it. Even if they eventually determine theyre just as deadly as cigarettes, I should be given the choice because it's my life, not theirs.

eplanet

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I take it personally because I had to watch my father die from lung cancer and I know that if I continue burning tobacco I will most likely suffer the same fate. I've tried traditional stop-smoking methods and failed, admittedly partly because I do enjoy smoking. If ecigs can let me enjoy inhaling nicotine with the chance of being safer than traditional cigarettes, then I should be afforded the opportunity to use it. Even if they eventually determine theyre just as deadly as cigarettes, I should be given the choice because it's my life, not theirs.

same here, I agree with you 100%

Peace

dee5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
Northwest Arkansas
Misinformation is everywhere! I participated in the March of Dimes Walk for Babies today and there were many booths set up in the main area, one of which was pushing quit smoking literature/methods. I asked the 20 something behind the table if she supported the electronic cigarette and she said "We don't support anything that contains tobacco". Well, of course I had to correct her and do a short demonstration. It didn't faze her a bit. She said she was an ex-smoker herself and was pushing Chantix. I told her I had tried it along with the gum, patches and even hypnosis, and only the e-cig kept me from smoking. Why don't these people see the hypocrisy of touting the benefits of other products that contain nicotine (and god knows what else) while condemning the e-cig? It's like talking to a brick wall! Don't worry, I was nice and no, I didn't call her a hypocrite!

Roadmaster

ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2009
Mountains of Virginia
In my business dealings in the past and working for different employers, I eventually noticed ex-smokers were sometimes the biggest non-smoking advocates who wanted to ban everyone else. I always thought being an ex-smoker would be sympathetic to someone else that coundn't quit. Not so! Many ex-smokers I think are upset that they can't smoke anymore and get on a soapbox about stopping. Not all of course, but some of the most draconian smoking policies I experenced were put in place by bosses who were ex-smokers. So now when I hear someone seeming to not be even-handed about the question I wonder if they are disgruntled ex-smokers. Kinda funny to me actually, but I can't help from wondering. Obviously they need a vape! Why be against something when you don't know the facts? Just saying there might be some underlying wish that we should all suffer like they are!

LaceyUnderall

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2008
USA and Canada
I put some e liquid in my Cheerios am I going to die????

If you don't poop from the fiber first. ;)

Good find Riddle. I think many of us up here can certainly agree that this is personal on a multitude of levels.

Roadmaster - I agree completely. Ex-Smokers dying for a smoke, are the worst! And they will tell you that 30 years after quitting, they still dream about smoking. That has to be weighing on the soul.

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
Same here and have done ALL the approved cessation devices and meds including....Patch,Gum,Inhaler,Hypnotysm,Stress Ball, Chantex,Zyban,Ear Staple,Accupuncture and Accupressure and nothing has worked...I have managed to cut down to under 6 a day with Vaping...Which is pretty miraculous for 2 1/2 packs a day

nibb

May 14, 2009
This is amazing. Does the american goverment work for americans?

I aks this because now they tax you to poison you.
Cigarrettes are heavy taxed and they kill.

People found a healthy alternative but they dont want it. They want you to go back to cancer sticks, so you pay them to die.

Incredible that the goverment can tell someone whats good or bad for him.

If they decide to ban it then it will be even worst for them. I would pay 100$ a pack for e-cigs just not do die of cancer. People will buy them anywhere and for 10 times the price.

What the excuse for the FDA? That they arent proved to make you stop smoking? Who said i want to smoke? If I go to the store and buy a box of Marlboro its not for stop smoking either. Maybe I want to smoke, and I want to smoke vapor, not smoke.

Since when is vapor ilegal? I cannot even imagine a goverment that bans water.

nibb

May 14, 2009
They can't stop it or us ! The Jeni is out of the bottle now the technology is here. To bad FDA and all the anti smoking Nazi's go find someone else to harass.

The nazis let you smoke.

They worse then that. Its all about money for them. Money paid from taxes, tabaco industries and cancer medicines. ITs a big business so they will ban water vapor.

Maybe they ban air next year or decide to tax it.

Jennee26

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2009
Houston, TX
www.myspace.com
I don't think they can stop us either. Look at all the other stuff they still sell in smoke shops. They sell equipment to smoke "other" stuff out of at smoke shops and nobody is banning those yet what you smoke out of them is illegal, but they want to ban e-cigarettes, which is legal and healthier. In another thread there was a news video stating that they are easily accessible to minors. I think they are less accessible than regular tobacco cigarettes or alchohol. We were all minors once. We all know that if a minor wants it, they will find a way to get it, so how is banning the e-cig going to help anything. It's not. In my opinion our government has other things they need to be more concerened with and they need to get on with THOSE issues and leave us vapers alone.

RandallFlagg

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Denver, Co, USA
The nazis let you smoke.

They worse then that. Its all about money for them. Money paid from taxes, tabaco industries and cancer medicines. ITs a big business so they will ban water vapor.

Maybe they ban air next year or decide to tax it.

Of course. They're counting on us to pay the SCHIP taxes.

RandallFlagg

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Denver, Co, USA
In my opinion our government has other things they need to be more concerened with and they need to get on with THOSE issues and leave us vapers alone.

Government can't get on with those other things until they first get the tax dollars to do so.

IMHO, we'd better learn how to make all of the vaping gear and fluids at home. Fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread