Not open for further replies.

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
Welcome ... take a look around, you may be here awhile! :oops:

You got that right CaSHMeRe ;) LOL

Hey Steve, are the distributors having a hard time with customs as well?

Some are, some aren't. Its the luck of the draw really ...

Update: Now have 2 orders still sitting in NY. One arrived there on Feb 25th. The other on March 4th. I really wish I had known that I would have to wait this long.... I am ....... TW website never mentions this possibility. They say 10 days at worst. :mad:

As the great CaSHMeRe once said! "Welcome ... take a look around, you may be here awhile!"

Haha ... I really do hope for the best BlackTA. It should *Eventually* make it out OK, so you should have no issues.

1 thing to note, I read somewhere that Jason was having issues getting juice to his USA supplier (not sure how it was shipped) but that it ended up getting sent back. You may want to find out if the address Jason is shipping from is Black Listed now that he had a shipment rejection. Just a thought ...

BREWINZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2009
Massachusetts, USA
You really cannot blame TW for US customs they are a law unto themselves.

Cash I am guessing the TW order that was rejected came direct from China.

I think he is now drop shipping the stock from the UK.
As in sending in bulk to the US from the UK and then the TW US site is operating as normal.

To be clear, I don't blame them at all. In fact, they managed to get my order to the US in two days. My issue is that I wasn't aware that a zero nic substance would be delayed for so long.

Keef

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2008
Scotland
Its not just liquid that has this problem.

I am in the UK and an item I ordered from the US (not smoking related in any manner or form ) disappeared for 15 days.
I had tracking and it flew over the atantic in 24 hrs and then just sat there.
I presume abandoned in a corner until someone had time to check it.

Have also received items from the US 48hrs after payment.

Just your luck at the end of the day.

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
You really cannot blame TW for US customs they are a law unto themselves.

Cash I am guessing the TW order that was rejected came direct from China.

I think he is now drop shipping the stock from the UK.
As in sending in bulk to the US from the UK and then the TW US site is operating as normal.

Haha ... No blame to TW at all. All the blame goes to our big brother (AKA: USA)

Not sure if Jason ships from himself or China ... so have noooooo idea :)

Its not just liquid that has this problem.

I am in the UK and an item I ordered from the US (not smoking related in any manner or form ) disappeared for 15 days.
I had tracking and it flew over the atantic in 24 hrs and then just sat there.
I presume abandoned in a corner until someone had time to check it.

Have also received items from the US 48hrs after payment.

Just your luck at the end of the day.

I have had the same experiences with customs as Keef. On a monthly basis, I purchase on average 4 to 5 orders of clothing from the US and have been doing this for at least 8 years. There are times I received things within a 48 hour period. Other times, I had to wait up to 6 weeks, watching it through tracking, while it sat in customs.
There seems to be no rationale that I can figure out, as to why something gets pulled by the customs people. I attribute it to being a random check. I've ordered from TW and China a week ago and I'll let you know how long these items take. TW sent me confirmation that it was shipped out on the 2nd. I'm hoping and praying they slip by our over efficient customs people.
I am not going to get paranoid at this time, thinking that vaping supplies are blacklisted. There are too many other concrete things on my paranioc plate at this time, without adding more. LOL:)

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
we quote seven to eleven days for SDs.. they all get to the US in two days.. they do not sit in US customs they simply enter the US postal system black hole..

we dont now where they sit... but it aint unusual for the customer to get them and they still track as being in NY..

my usual answer now is dont worry we aint lost one yet and they arrive when they arrive.. and so far they always have..

trog

BREWINZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2009
Massachusetts, USA
we quote seven to eleven days for SDs.. they all get to the US in two days.. they do not sit in US customs they simply enter the US postal system black hole..

we dont now where they sit... but it aint unusual for the customer to get them and they still track as being in NY..

my usual answer now is dont worry we aint lost one yet and they arrive when they arrive.. and so far they always have..

trog

That's good to hear. I was starting to wonder if I'd ever get them. Thanks

I have had the same experiences with customs as Keef. On a monthly basis, I purchase on average 4 to 5 orders of clothing from the US and have been doing this for at least 8 years. There are times I received things within a 48 hour period. Other times, I had to wait up to 6 weeks, watching it through tracking, while it sat in customs.
There seems to be no rationale that I can figure out, as to why something gets pulled by the customs people. I attribute it to being a random check. I've ordered from TW and China a week ago and I'll let you know how long these items take. TW sent me confirmation that it was shipped out on the 2nd. I'm hoping and praying they slip by our over efficient customs people.
I am not going to get paranoid at this time, thinking that vaping supplies are blacklisted. There are too many other concrete things on my paranioc plate at this time, without adding more. LOL:)

Just to let you know, I placed an order with Vapor guys on March 3 and received it today. I am so thrilled that something I have ordered, has arrived safely. I now have as a beginning: e liquid, cartridges, USB passthrough, batteries and an atomizer. I will have to spend some time now trying to figure things out. :confused:

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
Update: One of my packages finally came in! I ordered a zero nic, but they sent a low nic bottle!!! :confused: After all the time I waited for it, I am not even gonna complain. Just happy to have something. So, thank you to TW and a big "F**K YOU" to US customs!

from an arrival time point of view the US is the worst place to ship to... two days to NY then it enters a black hole until it arrives.. USPS never update their tracking between arrival in NY and the actual delivery..

basically it can say in NY then arrive on the customers doorstep.. quite clearly it aint in NY but there is no in between..

the good side is stuff always gets there in the end.. but where the package really is in the system is hidden.. we have tracked enough SD packages to know what happens..

unless stuff gets teleported instantly from NY to the customers post box we do know it aint sat in NY thow... he he

trog

bbom63

Mar 23, 2009
Been reading post of various shipping hassles. Will keep you posted on my adventure (s). At least we can learn something from one another and trends.
(Yah Right) Anyway just ordered 10 x DSE 901 units from China supplier.
The person who took the order had DHL as the shipper.
Latter the sales manager emailed back suggesting EMS . . Less problems with customs. I ordered a single unit from Anycigarette a few weeks ago and it showed up in just a few days EMS. Drop shipped from from China from UK.
I told the sales manager yes...please do EMS.
OK folks. We'll see what happens. :confused:

bbom63
No Smoking 10 Days!!

Does anyone have experience with large orders (i.e. 750+ kits, and 10,000+ cartomizers (preloaded with liquid)..... I'm placing an order like this to china.... I'm asking the manufacturer to split up the cartridges and kits into different shipments... since the cartomizers are probably what customs will worry about.... any information from someone who has purchased wholesale bulk and experienced problems with customs would be appreciated.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Demand the supplier get it to you in order to be paid, thats what your paying for not only the order, give deposit with TERMS terms should be 30days to pay in full after delivery is accepted. This way all you could ever lose is your deposit..!!! You could also use the escrow service to hold your deposit only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread