e-liquid & being arrested/car searched etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superstargoddess

ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2009
Ohio
I am from a county in Ohio that is nationally known for their marijuana, which I am SO NOT proud of, being a very antidrug person myself. So I know that if I ever get pulled over and they see it, I am going to have a lot of explaining to do. But as I say, as long as you aren't doing anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about.

Just be calm, respectful, and explain very clearly and slowly. As long as you don't come off as looking suspicious, I'm sure that they will let you be on your way. If they are giving you issues, tell them that you would love to give them a few drops of your juice to test and they will probably say "Nah, that's alright". Since offering that would probably put their mind at ease.

esp1987

Aug 3, 2009
Does anyone have any information on how smoking everywhere and njoy could possibly win their lawsuit against the FDA. I certainly hope they do, but it seems like a slim chance since the Family Smoking Protection Act passed and the FDA now has the authority to pretty much what ever it wants except for an outright ban on nicotine.

Anyone know where you can buy nicotine liquid by the liter? Or has anyone had success with getting decent throat hit with zero nic juice?

edlogic

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2009
jax fla usa
www.edlogic.com
don't worry most cops are good people just like you and me ...

but don't you dare get out of the car unless the cop tells you to -
and
you better get out of the car if the cop tells you to

SOME cops are not here to serve you they are here to tell you what to do and show you the hell you must pay if you don't do it

this woman did nothing wrong - the cop is lying - i bet she wins a bunch of money in a lawsuit - and so she should

YouTube - Tasered mom: I posed no threat. SHES SPEAKS OUT..

SLDS181

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Western NJ

and

*nod*

Friends are cops, I was a fireman for a few years, here's what you do (any time you're pulled over).

Face forward, don't look back. Don't look at the mirrors, they shine the light there on purpose. Have your license/registration readily accessible, but don't just reach for it, wait for the officer to ask. When asked, say where it is and that you're getting it - "Sure officer, its in my glove box, I just need to grab it from there". This way the officer knows what you're doing and doesn't freak out.

Young cops freak out.

Ask - politely - why you were pulled over. If they are thinking drugs, just say "oh! I think you're referring to my e-cigarette. It's perfectly legal - would you like me to show it to you?"

I would say that 99.99% of the time, doing precisely this will result in a comfortable, friendly officer. This applies any time you get stopped. Act appropriately, don't go with "what the f' did you pull me over for?!!?!" That won't go over well.

And because I'm paranoid.... I keep an audio recorder in my car. As soon as lights go on, I start recording, just in case.

ProStreet

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2008
Montgomery county Maryland
*nod*

Friends are cops, I was a fireman for a few years, here's what you do (any time you're pulled over).

Face forward, don't look back. Don't look at the mirrors, they shine the light there on purpose. Have your license/registration readily accessible, but don't just reach for it, wait for the officer to ask. When asked, say where it is and that you're getting it - "Sure officer, its in my glove box, I just need to grab it from there". This way the officer knows what you're doing and doesn't freak out.

Young cops freak out.

Ask - politely - why you were pulled over. If they are thinking drugs, just say "oh! I think you're referring to my e-cigarette. It's perfectly legal - would you like me to show it to you?"

I would say that 99.99% of the time, doing precisely this will result in a comfortable, friendly officer. This applies any time you get stopped. Act appropriately, don't go with "what the f' did you pull me over for?!!?!" That won't go over well.

And because I'm paranoid.... I keep an audio recorder in my car. As soon as lights go on, I start recording, just in case.

Yup very good advice. I did pretty much exactly what you said when I got pulled over in my camaro ss when I nailed it away from a light with my friend in a 03 cobra was sitting next to me.

I turned my flashers on and pulled over and rolled down both windows and put my hands on the top of the steering wheel. The young city cop walked up and said I watched you race that black cobra. I responded I was actually taking off hard so he could hear my new exhaust I installed a couple days ago but as you could see my friend didnt leave from the light hard like I did. Right then my friend drove by like normal. He took my info and a few minutes later came back with a warning and wrote on it in big letters SLOW DOWN!

Then he said "by the way it sounds really good. Take it easy and have a nice evening". I responded thank you officer you do the same and we went our seperate ways. He seemed very calm when he shined the light in and seen I had the windows down, dome light on, flashers on and my hands up high on the steering wheel.

Superstargoddess

ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2009
Ohio

and

SOME cops are not here to serve you they are here to tell you what to do and show you the hell you must pay if you don't do it

this woman did nothing wrong - the cop is lying - i bet she wins a bunch of money in a lawsuit - and so she should

YouTube - Tasered mom: I posed no threat. SHES SPEAKS OUT..

I don't care if the cop was lying about what he pulled her over for, as long as she was in the right, that could be proved in court. However, the point where she started being wrong was when she didn't do what he said to do.

I don't care if what I get pulled over for is bull**** or not, if a police officer tells me to get out of the car, I'm going to get out of the car! If he tells me to get back into the car, I'm going to get back into the car!

The point is, these people have to put up with more bull**** in their lifetimes than any of us will ever see. (Besides military people, they see the worst) They constantly have to worry about getting attacked, shot, stabbed, and anything else that you can imagine. Just because someone doesn't look dangerous, it doesn't mean that they aren't. Look at Ted Bundy for example or Robert Chambers of the "Preppy Murder" case back in the 80's. You don't know what you are going to be dealing with nowadays, really.

Did he overreact? Yes, he did. But can you say that he was some crazed monster when you don't know him or what he has been through? You may be able to, but I can't.

Recently in my town, a guy was fleeing from the police late at night, since they were trying to pull him over for obvious driving while intoxicated. The guy minorly crashed his car into the side of a building on a dark stretch of road (not hurting himself). When he got out of the car, he reached down towards his waistband, and the cop shot him. (non fatally, the guy recovered with no long term injury) Turns out that the guy got out of the car and was going to pull up his baggy pants when the cop told him to put his hands in the air. I know that this is a totally different case from the woman that was tazed, but really, what would you do in some of the situations that they are in?

Once again, the cop was extreme in his actions, but I can see why he did it. I don't know him or the history of what he has been through, but cops are people and even though they are trained professionals, they can spazz out just like the rest of us since they are just human.

No flames please, I am just stating my opinion. As a former Corrections Officer for the state of Ohio and a person who had an Uncle that was a damn good cop in Columbus Ohio for 25 years.

Fredrick

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2009
South Florida (Broward County)
I have to link this as it will not let me imbed it. These are police officers that changed the story for the police report, but it was captured on the in-car camera. The officer in question that caused the accident had around 8 or 9 accidents in the previous 2 years. These are my local cops..... gotta love em!

WARNING: -- South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com Audio in video contains explicit language. Video camera inside the police cruiser captures audio of Hollywood police officers talking about the crash.

I know there are a great many police officers out there that put thier life on the line everyday for the right reasons, but this just shows that there are definately bad ones too.

Superstargoddess

ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2009
Ohio
I have to link this as it will not let me imbed it. These are police officers that changed the story for the police report, but it was captured on the in-car camera. The officer in question that caused the accident had around 8 or 9 accidents in the previous 2 years. These are my local cops..... gotta love em!

WARNING: -- South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com Audio in video contains explicit language. Video camera inside the police cruiser captures audio of Hollywood police officers talking about the crash.

I know there are a great many police officers out there that put thier life on the line everyday for the right reasons, but this just shows that there are definately bad ones too.

As I have mentioned before, I am under no illusion about police officers, I know that there are bad ones out there. But there are still other people of "authority" that are just as bad, like judges, doctors, lawyers, etc etc. It just seems that everyone attacks the police officers more than any of the other ones. I don't think that it's fair, and it upsets me. I would like to be a police officer myself, but I am not able to pass the physical test yet. I can't do pushups because I have tiny birdy arms, even though the rest of my body has been filling out over the years eventually. Can't seem to gain weight in my arms or face. ><

Pharsyde

Aug 6, 2009
Tennessee
Tell them its safe but you threw the crack pipe out the window a mile back

Lol. But law enforcement never thinks things are as funny as most people, especially in a detainment situation.....but when you get them out of uniform they will have a good chuckle (and I don't mean naked but I suppose that wouldn't hurt either). I have actually had some convos with some local SD and PD and they seem to be aware of what e-cigs are and think they are great! When I asked them about the situation presented, a couple of them agreed it would be a good idea to carry around one of the instruction manuals in the car, especially if the manual mentions nicotine.

edlogic

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2009
jax fla usa
www.edlogic.com
As I have mentioned before, I am under no illusion about police officers, I know that there are bad ones out there. But there are still other people of "authority" that are just as bad, like judges, doctors, lawyers, etc etc. It just seems that everyone attacks the police officers more than any of the other ones. I don't think that it's fair, and it upsets me. I would like to be a police officer myself, but I am not able to pass the physical test yet. I can't do pushups because I have tiny birdy arms, even though the rest of my body has been filling out over the years eventually. Can't seem to gain weight in my arms or face. ><

when you go to work - you are expected to go by the rules and do the job you signed an agreement to do -

cops and other city employees and gov workers and polititicians are NO exception -

they should NOT be given a pass when they mess up - on the contrary -they should be held MORE accountable than other people because they are supposed to be dedicated to public service . that means that they should be held to a HIGHER standard than other people . that means that they should be examples of ALWAYS doing the right thing and if they ever mess up - they should be quickly and MORE harshly disciplined than other people .

anything else - sends the message that you don't have to strive to do a good job - you are entitled to mess up some times and you will be given a pass if you mess up just like the cops and the politicians get off without punishment quite often .

but it does not work that way does it - what we find is cops and politicians often times do way wrong and do not get punished . when that happens it sends the message to other cops and politicians that they can get away with it and guess what - they do get away with it more and more and more and more .

the lesson is - if you don't use your rights and the constitution to keep those in power under control - then they will become corrupt and abuse their power to take more and more control of you

so when ordinary people observe a public oh fish all abusing their power then the right thing to do is ALWAYS slam dunk them as hard as possible to give the message to the next oh fish all who is thinking about abusing their power that they will pay dearly

the police and gov oh fish alls - SHOULD be more afraid of us than we are of them - i don't mean of mortal danger - i mean of punishment for wrong doing

it is going the wrong way in the u s a lately and that is a recipe for disaster - we let them get away with abuse and failure while they continue to be more abusive and controlling and we have to look behind our back every minute and wonder if they are going to break our door in or taser us

new law in chicago - they can shoot at fleeing drivers ?
ok - the cop tells you to stop and you are having a diabetes episode or sleeping pill problem and you drive away - i guess they can shoot and kill you now

New Policy Allows Chicago Police Officers To Shoot At Fleeing Vehicles - cbs2chicago.com

hmm - well since most cops are good then why would you need to worry enough to make sure they are punished every time they are bad ?

because it only takes one bad one and one bullet and one false story saying you tried to get away and you are dead .

Last edited:

SLDS181

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Western NJ
Did he overreact? Yes, he did. But can you say that he was some crazed monster when you don't know him or what he has been through? You may be able to, but I can't.

Easily done.

Recently in my town, a guy was fleeing from the police late at night, since they were trying to pull him over for obvious driving while intoxicated. The guy minorly crashed his car into the side of a building on a dark stretch of road (not hurting himself). When he got out of the car, he reached down towards his waistband, and the cop shot him. (non fatally, the guy recovered with no long term injury) Turns out that the guy got out of the car and was going to pull up his baggy pants when the cop told him to put his hands in the air. I know that this is a totally different case from the woman that was tazed, but really, what would you do in some of the situations that they are in?

Here is a great example of what a tazer is good for. High potential for risk, though still questionable.

Not listening? Not a good reason for a tazer.

Obvious danger (known to be carrying a gun, etc., and doing what this guy did? Shoot first.)

I do have to commend the cops aim in that situation for not killing the guy.

No flames please, I am just stating my opinion. As a former Corrections Officer for the state of Ohio and a person who had an Uncle that was a damn good cop in Columbus Ohio for 25 years.

Disagreeing with a cops actions doesn't make someone a cop-hater. I have friends that are damn good cops, some are retired, some are active. I work with many officers and other agencies besides police on a regular basis. I've met great people, and others that should have never been given a badge.

That said, the difference in severity of a situation is easier to gauge than you suggest, imho.

edlogic

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2009
jax fla usa
www.edlogic.com
I do have to commend the cops aim in that situation for not killing the guy.

maybe you are just poking fun or making light of something that is DEADLY SERIOUS .

sorry - i just can not let this one go

ok let's take that scenario and put it on you or me -

we get into a fight and you reach down to pull up your pants

i shoot your nose off

do i get commended for not killing you ?

COME ON NOW !

i have more excuse to make that mistake than any cop in the country - they have been trained to not make those mistakes .

there is no excuse for the cop to have fired their weapon unless it was known to be in response to a lethal threat !

that is their job to know the difference and not goof up !

if your advice is taken - then the next guy that scratchs his .... gets shot and what happens to the cop ?

he gets commended for not killing him ?

you appear to be biased so far in favor of police control that it is becoming apparent that you either think it will never happen to you or maybe you enjoy the idea of being able to push people around and sling out bullets at a a whim

maybe there are cops reading this and they are laughing out loud right now because like you - they think this is a joke

i would say they are probably the bad cops - the ones that don't take their job seriously - the ones that think they should be able to shoot anyone for any reason and if they don't do what they say then make them pay

real funny until it happens to you or someone you know -

keep commending the cops for shooting unarmed people and what you get next is dead innocent people

edlogic

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2009
jax fla usa
www.edlogic.com
It wasn't poking fun, it was sarcasm. Doesn't always come through well in text form.

ok sorry then for the implication - in this case i am glad it is my mistake and not yours
i admit i was confused because you made some very good observations - i should have stated that up front ...

Last edited:

Superstargoddess

ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2009
Ohio
Good conversations that we have been having, I read what the guys above said. I respect your opinions, they were stated in a good and mature way.

Heck, I'm not even sure if the police around here have tazers. Very poor area, you should hear the mileage that the police cars have on them when they announce it on the police scanner at the end of their shift, sounds like as many miles or more as the cars that I have had.

Actually, the police are taught that if they have to draw their guns, that they are not to aim "just to wound someone". If they feel that they are in enough danger that they need to draw their guns, they are to aim for center mass. But cops are very poor shots in general, so that's how they end up not killing people a lot of the time if they are a good distance away from the person.

I'm telling you though, that is a split second decision thing. When it comes to something like that, what would you really do? Even if you were a trained professional like they are, you only have a split portion of a second to decide if you are going to die or if you are going to try to take them out first. That has to be the most horrible sense of panic in the world to not know what to do. And I am sure that the cop around here that had to shoot that guy felt pretty bad, there's good people around here. But at the end of the day, as they told me when I was in the Corrections Academy, "You have to make sure that you are the one walking out of here after your shift, alive and well".

edlogic

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2009
jax fla usa
www.edlogic.com
Good conversations that we have been having, I read what the guys above said. I respect your opinions, they were stated in a good and mature way.

Heck, I'm not even sure if the police around here have tazers. Very poor area, you should hear the mileage that the police cars have on them when they announce it on the police scanner at the end of their shift, sounds like as many miles or more as the cars that I have had.

Actually, the police are taught that if they have to draw their guns, that they are not to aim "just to wound someone". If they feel that they are in enough danger that they need to draw their guns, they are to aim for center mass. But cops are very poor shots in general, so that's how they end up not killing people a lot of the time if they are a good distance away from the person.

I'm telling you though, that is a split second decision thing. When it comes to something like that, what would you really do? Even if you were a trained professional like they are, you only have a split portion of a second to decide if you are going to die or if you are going to try to take them out first. That has to be the most horrible sense of panic in the world to not know what to do. And I am sure that the cop around here that had to shoot that guy felt pretty bad, there's good people around here. But at the end of the day, as they told me when I was in the Corrections Academy, "You have to make sure that you are the one walking out of here after your shift, alive and well".

you bring up interesting and relevant points .

here is one that i have heard but not verified officially -

the most dangerous person to any police officer is their fellow officers - more cops get hurt and die due to friendly fire than any other cause

maybe some one can verify or denounce this ...

edlogic

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2009
jax fla usa
www.edlogic.com
seems like they would have been quick whitted enough to figure that just hitting her hand would probably knock the knife out or maybe a big strong cop shouldn't have much trouble sneaking around behind her and just grabbing her hand - he should be able to get the knife away from an 84 year old woman that weighs about 98 pounds - shouldn't he ?

how about just get a big cloth and wrap the knife really fast from behind then even if she struggles you have control of it ?

i guess that is why many police forces don't hire people over a certain iq - they don't want them thinking for themselves too often

( i am being facetious here )
protocol states that any civillian should be body slammed at every opportunity

why couldn't they use the body gear that they use for training dogs and then just grab the woman and get the knife ? takes too many brain cells for that one too i guess ...

another thing that i can't understand why they don't use it - i have seen it used on cartoons and tv shows since i was a kid - A NET !

they could have thrown a net over her and then they don't have to worry about her running and hurting anyone else and maybe they could have the time to figure out something better than body slamming her

i want to like cops - i want to think that they are my friend but it is idiots like this that give the rest of them a very bad image

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oW1HCsmBUJ0

Last edited:

SLDS181

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Western NJ

Would be nice if all that "Homeland Security" money went to areas that needed tazers, new vehicles, or even just some additional training, wouldn't it?

Firefighters, EMS, etc. all have to make split-second, massively stressful, life-or-death decisions.

Better training, better tools, and sometimes, better cops are needed. Like I said, and I'm sure you've met a few yourself, many cops out there shouldn't have a badge. Many are great, many are not.

I want better tools and better training for better cops.

ichaya

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2009
Central Pennsylvania
OK, first let me preface with a little background.

I was a corrections officer for about 5 years (Read: Prison guard).

Are there bad cops. SURE, I met a few of them.

Most police are just like anyone else. They are trying to do their job, and go home to their family.

Now, I have some doubts as to this woman actually being tasered.

I have seem people tasered, and they drop like a rock. Then they usually look like they are having a fit.
I have NEVER seen anyone just stand up after this.

She claims she was tasered twice. Kind of unlikely.

The courts will have to decide this, and nothing that we says here will really matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread