Status
Not open for further replies.

littlewing6283

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2013
So Cal
:D:p . . . It is a disease, I tell ya!

I purchased the Legacy (650) to pacify myself, as I await my ELA. I received the Legacy, yesterday. It's a very well build unit.

As this is my first Mech, I am really enjoying it. I have been careful to monitor the taste and remaining battery capacity. Tinkering with 0.7Ω on an IGO-L (w/a large air hole) has been quite entertaining, but I think that will be short lived.

After I rebuild my Diver, today, I will probably toss a KICK/490 into the Legacy and top it off with a IBTanked/Diver combo. I have been using a Diver for over the past 2 weeks and am loving every second of it.

I am quickly becoming a big fan of rebuildable silica base designed delivery devices. Thus, the purchase of the eBDP. I trust that it lives up to all of the positive reviews, which I have read here and seen on YouTube.

As I will have 2 additional Divers incoming, I can appreciate your comments with regard to the Killer/Diver. I find myself in the same position.

I hope you get your eBDP up and running to your vaping satisfaction, very soon.

- Andy

ETA: Have you been using a NR-R-NR wire coil in your eBDP?

Andy,

In regards to the eddp when I rebuild I will use NR- R wire. i've become quite proficient at it because of the killer

also please make sure when you get your ebdp to boil it. I was in machine oil heaven after not boiling mine

also if your going to kick your legacy, make sure to noalox the hex shaft. Kick needs a really strong ground and I was having a real pain in the ... when I first got it.

good luck PM me with any questions

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
Andy,

In regards to the eddp when I rebuild I will use NR- R wire. i've become quite proficient at it because of the killer

also please make sure when you get your ebdp to boil it. I was in machine oil heaven after not boiling mine

also if your going to kick your legacy, make sure to noalox the hex shaft. Kick needs a really strong ground and I was having a real pain in the ... when I first got it.

good luck PM me with any questions

Thank you, littlewing6283, for the pointers on both the eBDP and the Legacy/Kick.

- Andy

Kataphraktos

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2013
New York, NY
Just got my eBaron Pro from Greekvapes.

Nobody with a Provari should be without one of these.

Out of the box, with the pre-installed coil (1.9 ohms), this thing is amazing.

I've been vaping for about 5 weeks. I've tried a LOT of delivery systems in that time:

Vivi Nova
iClear 30
Kanger Evod
Kanger Protank (both Pyrex and with Tatroe SS tank)
Cisco, Vapage and other atomizers
A carto (because I had it, figured I'd try it)
iGo-L with 20+ coils of various builds and resistances
A7 with a handful of builds and resistances
A7 and iGo-L built using Kanthal & Nichrome ribbon and wire (including twisted wire), silica and Ekowool wicks

Of all of these, the best experiences I've had were with the Kanger Protank with Tatroe SS tank and the iGo-L using 1.5mm Ekowool and Nichrome 60 1/64th ribbon wire (the Kanthal of equivalent gauge won't be available for another couple of months).

The eBaron with the included coil matches or surpasses these in terms of vapor production and flavor. I vape 100% VG, and have used VCV's Mewlew's Magic Blend as my benchmark for all these devices.

I will be using the eBaron exclusively at home. On a side, note, I'm elated that the Kanger Protank with Tatroe SS is such a solid performer, and have been using it on the Provari as my walk-around device. It starts flooding and gurgling when it is all but empty - maybe 4-5 drops left in the tank. I might pick up 2-3 more of these if I can get them on sale, so i can walk around with a Provari and a few tanks with different flavors.

I picked up a pack of replacement heads for the eBaron, and will be rebuilding them myself after I use the existing coils. I know you guys have experimented extensively with materials and coil configurations. Any strong opinions on combinations of wire and wick to try? I generally prefer standard resistance coils, around 1.9-2.3 ohms.

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
A 5/4 wrap of 32g kanthal with NR legs will get you about 1.8 ohms. I was doing 4/3 wraps for a while to come out at about 1.4-1.5 but I've found that I'm enjoying the 1.8 a little more.

edit; i should say that that's on doubled 2mm silica and wrapping with a 1mm paperclip.

What did you notice different between the 4/5 and 3/4 on the eBDP? On my other atties, I have been using a 3/4 coil and they have been yielding 1.4Ω to 1.8Ω, depending on the silica combo. I do use a broad range of silica wick combos, which lengthens the R wire.

Yay! I just received an e-mail from the house of mods. My eBDP has finall shipped via Royal mail.

- Andy

chadsmo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
BC Canada
What did you notice different between the 4/5 and 3/4 on the eBDP? On my other atties, I have been using a 3/4 coil and they have been yielding 1.4Ω to 1.8Ω, depending on the silica combo. I do use a broad range of silica wick combos, which lengthens the R wire.

Yay! I just received an e-mail from the house of mods. My eBDP has finall shipped via Royal mail.

- Andy

I personally find that 2mm is the best for Killer eBDP etc, a decent amount of wick for juice and good airflow around the coil. I tried 3mm and it was just too tight on the airflow for my likings and I found it difficult to get the wick in to those tiny side channels on the cup. I'm finding I like the 4/5 a little more because more wire is more vapour, and it gives you a little more range in terms of voltage options. I think right now I have about 10 made at 1.8 and 5 at 1.3 so depending on device and juice etc i can use different ones.

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
What size is the air hole on your IGO-L.

I used an old scratch awl, which I had laying around, to enlarge the existing air holes. I based the hole sizes on flavor/vapor.

The IGO-L, which I use for evening vaping, has a hole size of approximately 3/32. The IGO-L, which I vape for fun and vapor, has 2 holes about 3/32 each. The 2nd hole is directly opposite of the stock hole. The latter IGO-L has quite the airy draw. I have a 3rd one, which is in my parts bin.

Considering that they cost some $13.00 (USD) each, they are fantastic. :D

- Andy

ETA:ETA: They each have a wick comprised of 2x 3mm stacked with 2x 2mm (5/6) @ 1.7Ω.

Last edited:

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!
Been vaping with this for the past 30 minutes. Enough said . . . Back to dripping.

- Andy . . . Challenge the day.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1371161330.765750.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1371161330.765750.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 321

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
Grats, the Dripper Pro really is something special.

Thanks, chadsmo. The eBDP pretty much seals it for me with regard to silica based delivery devices. It's been a steady progression of positive steps for myself.

I'm going to rethink the way I build my genesis wicks. SS wire rope with a silica sock at the deck may be the way to go.

- Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread