Status
Not open for further replies.

cobalt327

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2012
USA
Ask 100 vapers and you'll get 95 different answers but the Smok TFV4 is a versatile atomizer that you can grow into. It can be set up with several different replaceable coil heads (4 coil head is supposed to be good for up to 140w- but I wouldn't advise going more than 120w). Then when you're ready to start rebuilding there's an easy to build RBA deck for it. Has top fill- holds 5ml, adjustable airflow, and doesn't look bad either. The early problems with leakage has supposedly been fixed on later units (I had no probs myself). Like anything- do your research before putting down your money.

Reactions: GeorgeS

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
What coil based device is recommended for the Eleaf Istick 200 watt TC mod?
Do you mean which atomizer? In that case, you can use pretty much whatever you want. The Istick 200 can handle low power atties (great battery life) and extremely power hungry atties (make sure your batteries can handle the amp load you're subjecting them to).

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Ask 100 vapers and you'll get 95 different answers but the Smok TFV4 is a versatile atomizer that you can grow into. It can be set up with several different replaceable coil heads (4 coil head is supposed to be good for up to 140w- but I wouldn't advise going more than 120w). Then when you're ready to start rebuilding there's an easy to build RBA deck for it. Has top fill- holds 5ml, adjustable airflow, and doesn't look bad either. The early problems with leakage has supposedly been fixed on later units (I had no probs myself). Like anything- do your research before putting down your money.
The tfv4 is probably not the best of choices, if the iStick 200 510 connector is like those on earlier Joyetech/Wismec/Eleaf devices. The tfv4 510 pin is too long and might damage the iStick. Many user seem to have no problems though.

I would watch a few review videos and see what fits your vaping style the best. I stick to rba's myself, but I would look at some of the comparison videos on youtube. look up sub ohm tank shootout or best sub ohm tank or something along those lines. ive seen a couple videos that compare anywhere between 3 and 30 sub ohm tanks. the big sub tank showdown by vapin heathan compares the 30, you should find one you can live with in there! I would also try the ones by Grimm Green and Vaping with Twisted 420.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Okay- even though it works just fine on my Wismec Presa 75w, Wismec Presa 100w, and my Joyetech eVic VTC Mini 75W, why not suggest one that you DO approve of.
It's not about ME approving or disapproving of anything. Joyetech/Wismec has stated that their warranty is void if the device is used with the tfv4. Daniel from Djlsb vapes has a list of the 510 depth and travel of various mods, and the 510 pin lengths of various atties. My recommendation is to take a look at that list before making any decisions.

erikbal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
Olean, NY
It's not about ME approving or disapproving of anything. Joyetech/Wismec has stated that their warranty is void if the device is used with the tfv4. Daniel from Djlsb vapes has a list of the 510 depth and travel of various mods, and the 510 pin lengths of various atties. My recommendation is to take a look at that list before making any decisions.

Does this go for tfv4 mini as well?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Does this go for tfv4 mini as well?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
I'm sorry, but I don't know. The only Smok tank I have is the tf-rta g2, which I know has a more reasonable 510 length. Check the Djlsb vapes site, there might be info on the 510 length of the tfv4 mini.

Hamhawk

Oct 21, 2016
San Carlos, CA
I have two of them. Never had a problem with the 510, everything I have works. Griffins, iJoy RDTAs, Smok tanks, etc. However, the battery door on this mod is unreliable. On one of my iStick 200w mods, the battery door no longer stays closed well enough for the mod to function. The other one is getting looser after every battery change and has been relegated to the backup shelf. Love the mod though, just a bad battery door design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread