Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidAmonettNashville

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2014
Nashville,Tn
Kinda' depends.

If you're an "analog-convert vapist"...you'll love the nautilus (5 ml. or Mini with 2 ml.) with BVC coils. My iSticks at 10-11 Watts with the Nauty's give me the same TH and amount of "smoke" that I had been accustomed to when I LOVED smoking.

If you're a "hobby vapist"...you'd probably want a sub-ohm tank...

This statement is very accurate...

24mg on a sub-ohm coil at most power levels above 10W is going to hit your throat like a brick and taste kinda nasty. You may want to consider picking up some 6mg (.6%) e-liquid and see if that doesn't improve the experience.

I used to find 24mg would give off a nasty hit at 3.7v in 1.6ml top coiled clearomizers and later 18ml in Smok Tumblers at 7w. When you have nicotine in the mix the percentage of flavor is cut to a certain extent as well as see a warmer vape to begin with. That was another reason I found things improved 100% when going totally nic free after only 4-5months of vaping!

Phil actually gave this a really nice review. Makes me want one even more. It'd be a huge upgrade from my aspire sub ohm batteries.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

I didn't find any use for the sob ohm batteries and only 3 voltage positions when I already use variable wattage batteries and devices. I run the 5ml Nautilus tanks on the Vamo types even the 50w Smok BEC Pro bluetooth job while the Atlantis have been going on the 30w, 50w, and even on a 150w box mod. The 50w iStick saw a fresh Atlantis go on when it came in today and has been working out nicely. The 20w iStick is about 2/3rds the size of the 50w while the 50w is about 2/3rds the size of the ICig V9 50w but feels much better. The button is easier to fire as well.

Kinda' depends.

If you're an "analog-convert vapist"...you'll love the Nautilus (5 ml. or Mini with 2 ml.) with BVC coils. My iSticks at 10-11 Watts with the Nauty's give me the same TH and amount of "smoke" that I had been accustomed to when I LOVED smoking.

If you're a "hobby vapist"...you'd probably want a sub-ohm tank...

Depending on which ejuice you put into any tank will be the maker or breaker at any specific wattage while the Nautilus tanks seem to run best in there about 10-13w with some exceptions where they can be turned briefly not consistently to 18-20w. I run the Nautilus Mini tanks on the 20w iSticks and just got a third one of those for a a spare to have onhand once the ordered first last month 50w finally comes in now as the spare for the second just ordered last thursday night and in use now..

Several have been in the rave about the new Eleaf MELO sub ohm tank lately likely since that just came out for the 30w and 50w models. When going over 20w you will want a sub ohm tank that will operate in the 20-40w range over telling someone new they will need an RDA. Yet even with the Atlantis with certain flavors in those you end up keeping things turned down under 15w.

Has anyone else noticed an occasional pause in the firing. Firing nicely then a pause and and then goes back to firing again. The counter resets too.
At first i thought it may have been my finger slipping but i have kept my finger the same through the pause to check it. It only happens once or maybe at most twice a day of heavy vaping.
Its not a huge problem and everything else is great, lots of battery life/power and nice and small in the hand.

The first thought that comes to mind automatically would be the 10 second cut off most new mods are seeing. With the Vamo V6 that problem is solved with the 0-30second "Smoke Time" adjustment option.

The second item of interest that comes into mind with the 50w is the temp control now being seen on the latest mods that will cut things off automatically to prevent damages from occurring like burning out coils or to the unit itself if things get too hot like the problem seen with some eliquids that crack plastic tanks when it takes more heat to get them to vaporize.

HDMontana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
Montana
Got mine today. Added a Tobeco Kayfun V4. Haven't had much time with it tonight. So far I like it. uploadfromtaptalk1425013660378.jpg

HD

I just got the tracking update showing the first one ordered from CVape on 1/25 will be in later. Nothing like a month wait! I got the second one ordered from Central Vapor a week in less then 7 days and found it is put together much better as expected then the 20w. I found the charging port was in a bit of an odd place however since every one mod seems to it either on the side or bottom not on the upper portion of the front.

saneyz

Jan 15, 2014
Helsinki, FIN
What a nice and happy coincidence ! I was watching Phil's iStick 50W review the other day thinking it would make a great secondary device for me, and then boom, I got a reply from my local vendor about my broken Smok BT50, that they dont have any replacements so they'll send an iStick 50W instead + 40€ gift card if that was okay with me.. Well, hell yeah it was okay, cant beat that kind of a deal/compensation !? Grabbed the Smok VCT A1 clearo and a few extra coilheads with the gift card to roll with the iStick and I'll be picking them up today. Looking forward to using the iStick and seeing how the VCT compares to Delta II / Goblin :)

The 50w is a good unit from what I have seen so far. Atfer having gone with the SMOK Groove II a year ago and that not holding up under daily use when starting to use it nightly I have been skeptical about the DT50 and XPro models as well. I did grab a few other 50w device like the SMOK BEC Pro Vamo/bluetooth and even a 150w wooded box mod for under $65 that have turned out well too.

The 50w iStick offers the temp sensor to prevent overheating as one of the updated features as you would have seen in the YouTube review. That plus being a bit more compact then the ICig V9 with a hard to get used to fire button and the weight factor with the others makes the iStick the choice item.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
While I own five iStick 20s and two iStick 30s (all of which are in use), my lone iStick 50 is, in my opinion, the pick of the Eleaf litter. Each newer and higher wattage release has improved upon its predecessors.

With the iStick 30, Eleaf addressed/corrected the main shortcomings of the 20W, namely, the 510 connection issues of cheap, soft threads and a fixed positive pin by making the threads stainless steel and the pin spring-loaded floating. Also, the voltage calibration was changed from mean to RMS. Other features added on the 30W included the flippable display and locking wattage selection, as well as the redesigned top cap "lip" to eliminate overhang with 22mm atties/tanks.

With the 50W, Eleaf has gone further, adding a second 2200mAh LiPo for a total of 4400mAh battery capacity. The case was redesigned with rounded sides on both ends for good ergonomics, the micro-USB charging port has been moved from the bottom plate to near the top of one side (to allow recharging with the unit standing up). The firing button is wider, curved, and doesn't rattle, and the up/down buttons and display were moved to the middle of the wider side face. Despite housing two batteries, the case remains about as compact (i.e., small) as it could be.

Significantly, the iStick 50W feels very solid. The 20W and 30W iSticks are nice PVs that perform well, but in the hand they feel a bit more like toys rather than instruments. The iStick 50W has the additional heft of that second 18650 LiPo, and the absence of rattling buttons gives it a more "industrial-quality" feel.

Will Eleaf come out with an even higher watt version iStick, say, 80 or 100 watts? I don't know, but if they do, I vote for ditching the shiny chromed top/bottom caps and buttons and replacing them with matte brushed stainless steel. I'm not particularly concerned with scratches, but all that shiny chrome reminds me of gaudy American gas-guzzler cars from the 1950s. I prefer a somewhat more sophisticated, "Euro-style" appearance. OK, I'm superficial---so sue me.

Performance of the iStick 50 is stellar. Instant firing and accurate regulation. No, the chipset/board doesn't provide true linear bucking for low-wattage, but it does use PWM to approximate a kind of step-down, and the output voltage signal is completely flat above the supplied battery voltage, so either the iStick 50 uses direct-DC for boosting or the implementation of PWM is especially well-filtered. Either way, what you set is what you get.

Along with a pair of iPV Mini 2 70Ws, the iStick 50 has quickly become my favorite, go-to PV. For the amount I paid---$45 shipped---what's not to like?

Last edited:
The 50w works well enough for me. It's a plus seeing the smaller but not majorly smaller compact size compared to the ZNA 50, BEC Pro 50w, ICig V9, and even the Luxyoun Unik 150w mod since unless you go RDA and really sub ohm you won't find tanks that will adequately handle the higher wattages. I had a chance to grab up the SMY GOD Mod 180w last year for cheap $75 and skipped over that but ended up with the 150w I simply tossed the Kraigen Atlantis deal on top of. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK3JweOylMA#t=59

One look at the 50w was all it took to know it would be solid since I spent all night with the one I ordered a week ago and just saw the tracking update for the first pre-ordered in January to be the spare unit. So far no flipping down in watts due to any coil as I thought one of the 20w was having a problem until swapping tanks off. The threading problem many reported didn't happen here at while I have a concern about one epipe mod where the top is a bit problematic when going to put a fresh battery in and you have to fuss to get it back on again.

The 20Ws are good for those who run things low and for those with small fingers who find larger batteries and mods a bit cumbersome. That's one reason those took off so fast due to the small size. The 50w works for being a bit more compact that the other 50Ws and 65w -100w mods being seen. The button of course was an even larger improvement there as it tends to wrap around what would be the corners on some other mod. No rattle should make many smile as well!

I have the same to report here so far. I'll be going over the first ordered when that is in tomorrow's Vape Mail. So far the only problems with any of the iSticks was a spring on one of the Bending Adapters that needed to be replaced on one of the 20Ws along with a flaky coil on a tank that had to be replaced.

One other thing to mention here has to do with the Eleaf Ohm and Power meter. You won't be able to use it on the 50Ws. The pass through meter isn't able to handle the extra wattage apparently being intended for the 20Ws and the 10Ws that afterwards but seems to have a problem with the 50W for some reason.

Just a quick UPDATE here: The letter carrier dropped off the first 50w ordered at CVape at 2minutes before noon 11:58am earlier then the usual 1:30pm on saturdays suggesting either a light mail day or faster subsitute carrier? Anyways the battery alone was all that came in without the 510/eGo adapter even being included while the Eleaf box was still the same with place for usb charging cable and adapter! I got back to the vendor about that one when they wanted me to provide feedback.

ISTICK 50W Arrives.jpg

Here's a slightly better look showing it works with an Atlantis sitting on top and just like the other one ordered it came in set to 50w with a full battery which I then lowered down to 20w for the particular flavor 70/30 menthol in the tank. The first had a 20/80 non menthol I had left at the 50w to try out and went well.

ISTIICK 50W with eGo Carrying Case.jpg

Actually I may have to get a pair of the large cases in order to fir two sub ohm tanks or the 10ml stainless steel U Can container Innokin puts out for carrying spare ejuice on you. Having the cases for each iStick simply provides a place to store each when not in use as well as the tank or two per iStick.

Last edited:
There's isn't any question about the iStick 50w being an upgrade over a number of things. In fact I finally found a use to the Kraigen Atlantis replacement tank's carrying case! The 50w model is a perfect fit for mod, tank, and the Innokin 10ml stainless U Can for carrying extra ejuice on you. The factory padding that comes with the tank and case acts as a nice protector inbetween tank, U Can, and the 50w! :)

IStick 50W in Kraigen Case 1.jpg

Here's a top view of the case for a second view as far as the size of the case compared to the previous with the eGo type carrying case.

IStick 50W in Kraigen Case 2.jpg

You can almost fit it in one of your pants pockets being a bit narrrower then the medium or large carrying cases. But you likely have to buy the tank for $30 to get the case that comes with it. The small eGo type carrying cases are a bit too tight for just the 50w or tank alone and won't fit two together making this one idea for a carrying case since the leather slip on type seen for the 20w and 30w models won't fit the 50w.

So far this one as far as performance has been able to take on a number of other mods with ease making the pair I have here worth the investment. I have spent the time since each was ordered and came to size them up and give this a Grade A rating! :thumb:

From where? Every place that I've been is sold out. Thanks

Central Vapors is where I got the second one but when you click on the item all you see now is the 404 page missing error. $60 is the going price for the full kit with 510-eGo adapter, charging cord, and ac wall plug. The simple kit dumps the ac adapter and then the battery only still is supposed to include the 510-eGo while I got after CVapes about not providing those options on their pre-order and found the adapter was missing there.

For purchase on something like this even for the 20w and 10w as well as 30w models these are still selling out like hot cakes and you have to JUMP AT FIRST SIGHT in order to get one! Vapor Authority is showing the full 50w kit in stock for the price others want for the simple kit having the ac wall plug as well. Vapor Authority · Eleaf iSmoka iStick 50W Box Mod Kit - Authentic Eleaf

Mt Baker has the Black and Silver full kit for $5 more seen at iStick 50W VV/VW Box Mod by Eleaf - Mt Baker Vapor - Electronic Cigarettes

LITECIGUSA is out of the Black but has the other three colors in stock. You'll see them listed individually on the second and third rows. New Products

Discount Vapors only sees Red only at Eleaf iStick 50 Watt FULL KIT - RED - 4400mah (Larger)

VaporTekUSA has the Silver only. Istick 50 Watt by Eleaf

CVapor based in Hong Kong has all four colors available in either the full kit or express battery only as one option if you don't mind the longer shipping time. http://www.cvapor.com/eleaf-istick-50w.html

Last edited:
I'm still seeing 50% with the first of the two waiting to see how far I can go on the initial factory charge which is likely the reason it seems odd. The meter won't be seen dropping anywhere near as far as on the 20w or even 30w with both of those seeing the single 2200mah battery. 4400 is quite a bit from having had a 3800mah battery in the old Smok Groove II mod.

The stall at the 50% mark most likely is intended to show it is not at a full charge but still has plenty of battery time. I suspect once it comes time to recharge the meter will see a large drop. When you start seeing a drop in vapor as well as a dry type hit that usually will indicate the battery level is way down and not supplying enough for the tank or clearomizer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread