The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Eleaf iStick "pico"

Discussion in 'Temperature Control' started by USMCotaku, Mar 21, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I'm not super concerned about capacity, I was more thinking about size. I know some of the batteries are slightly thinner in diameter and/or height, and was thinking a smaller battery might help for that mod. So far, I'm just making sure I am very careful with the battery cap, and that I'm not overtightening it. Seems to be working out so far. Oddly, the pico is one mod I don't take out of the house so I know it's not rattling around in there... :) Thank you for the info though.

Anna

• Like Like x 2
  2. gerrymi

gerrymi Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 12, 2013
    The 'Burgh, PA.
    Not sure about different brands' 18650 sizes, Anna, since they ALL appear to be listed as the same size...:shock:

[Don't forget...if your Pico has started to "injure" your 18650's...Pico's are always on SALE somewhere...for eg...]

Eleaf iStick Pico RESIN 75W TC Box Mod $25.85 w FREE Shipping

https://www.urvapin.com/eleaf-istick-pico-resin-tc-mod.html

3. SupplyDaddy

SupplyDaddy I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 21, 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    Since I like my OBS Engines and Nano's, and they do eat up the batteries, I'm going to have to try one of these. $28 on FT, $35 with the 21700 battery..
    I love my Pico 25's.. this should fit right in!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. sofarsogood

sofarsogood Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 12, 2014
    Bigger mods than the original Pico are super abundant. In fact most mods are bigger than the Pico and that's exactly why I don't use any of them day to day.

• Like Like x 3
  5. SupplyDaddy

SupplyDaddy I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 21, 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    And here is why I like my Pico 25's and wouldn't mind the Pico 21700...
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  6. pufZeppelin

pufZeppelin Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 6, 2013
    Florida, SW

just helpin' a bruth'r out ;)

upload_2018-1-3_19-57-40.png

• Like Like x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. SupplyDaddy

Supporting member
    Oct 21, 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    Thank you! Taptalk and phones sometimes....

• Like Like x 2
  8. pufZeppelin

pufZeppelin Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 6, 2013
    Florida, SW
    upload_2018-1-3_22-19-10.png

:thumbs:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. KenD

KenD Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 20, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I (finally) got my Eleaf Invoke today, and it's barely bigger than the Pico. It's a tiny bit taller and a couple mm thicker. The Pico 21700 will most likely be bigger than the two-18650 Invoke. I see Little point in getting the bigger Pico.

Sent from my Thor E using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. DebbieNY

DebbieNY Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 11, 2013
    New York City
    I've been eyeing that Invoke, but will hold out for more real-people reviews of it. Looks like a winner! I gotta admit, though, that I am digging the green Pico 21700. :wub:

• Like Like x 3
  11. Jim_ MDP

Jim_ MDP Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 24, 2015
    Width varies a smidge, not as bad as length though.
    That came to light two years ago with the 25R being a mil or so short and rebooting the DNA Reuleaux if set down too firmly.
    Oops.

Sent from my A463BG using Tapatalk

12. Jim_ MDP

Jim_ MDP Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 24, 2015
    Damn tapa on a phone.
    Can't edit and that was supposed to be a reply, with quote, to gerrymi's comment about cell sizing.
    Grrr.

Sent from my A463BG using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  13. gerrymi

Supporting member
    Jul 12, 2013
    The 'Burgh, PA.
    From an "e-cig deals" site...

I’m still regularly using a lot of the products I mentioned last year! Please keep in mind that this is all in the name of fun. Despite what some people may think, I don’t get loads of free products in the mail every day. I’m a consumer, just like you. Out of everything I’ve purchased this year, these just happen to be my personal favorites. I’m not saying they’re the BEST products on the market; in fact, everything on my list has its share of flaws. But, when you really like something, the flaws can be forgiven…right?

Honorable Mention: GeekVape Aegis. If you need a solid device that can really take a beating, this is it. I’m very impressed with the build quality of this thing. It’s both rugged and classy at the same time. Pair it up with your favorite single-coil atty, and I think you’ll have a winning combo. It has actually replaced my iStick Pico as my favorite on-the-go device.

GeekVape Aegis 100W

• Like Like x 1
  14. KenD

KenD Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 20, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden
    The Aegis is significantly larger than both the Pico and the Invoke, though. Not in the same category at all.

Sent from my Thor E using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  15. Spydro

Spydro Sindoyen Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 20, 2013
    picox4.jpg

• Like Like x 6
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. gerrymi

Supporting member
    Jul 12, 2013
    The 'Burgh, PA.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. dennism

dennism Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 18, 2015
    Maryland
    That's a good deal!!!

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. aznnp77

aznnp77 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 29, 2014
    Virginia
    Just wanted to report back my experience with Fasttech. They were one of the only places to have a coupon that worked for anything on New Year's Day (10% off). So I ordered a Pico 75w from them for $23.25 shipped.

Ordered on January 1, shipped January 4, received January 22. So not bad. Took about 3 weeks. I haven't tried it, and don't plan on trying it. Just kinda an OCD thing. I like keeping it sealed until I need it.

One thing I did do was cut a slit on the packaging and checked the authenticity/security code. I had read through google searches that Fasttech was known for removing the stickers a few years ago because they aren't an authorized dealer, but mine showed up with the code intact. Everything checked out authentic, and it was the first and only check of the code. So I'd say that was a pretty good first experience with Fasttech.

I'm not really active anymore. Got the mod I've used for the past 2 years, with the tank I've used for the past 3 years, with the juice that has been my ADV for 3 years. I've got spares of the mod and the tank, 240ml of my ADV, and enough koh gen do to last me 10 years.

I'm actually not as concerned about a backup as I was before because there appears to be Chinese manufacturers still making clones of them, plus the Pico 25 and Pico Mega if absolutely necessary. In the end, it's just a box mod. I would deal with something else if I had to. But I'm glad to have a spare.

• Like Like x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. gerrymi

Supporting member
    Jul 12, 2013
    The 'Burgh, PA.
    Yea...but...but...IF there's anything "wrong" with it...it's 352% easier to get it replaced in the "warranty period"...than when the warranty has expired...:shock:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Winblows

Winblows Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 10, 2017
    Copenhagen (UTC+1)
    Is it possible to "force" the Pico NOT to initiate the draw with the max watts (75) when I set it in TC SS mode ?

• Like Like x 1