Status
Not open for further replies.

ian91

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Westbank, BC Canada
If you pay the $2-$3 for Epacket you can track it through Canada post once it hits the border plus you will usually receive in 2 weeks or less depending on where you live in Canada. When I was in Ontario it took 7-9 days once shipped unless it got caught up in customs (only happened to me once for an extra 5 day wait). The free shipping usually takes a month. In NB it's about 2 weeks with Epacket.

For the low price I will probably order one and forget about it until it shows up to brighten my day:)
You can't ship any vape gear using Epacket anymore. It was fine when this was available but it is not anymore.

GranFumador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Peoples' Bucolic Republic of Maine
I'm really on the fence as far as this mod is concerned. I picked up the 40W TC iStick when it first became available because it had temperature control and I loved my other isticks. I got very disillusioned by it quickly. It's a great VV/VW mod but imho sucks for TC. I think I'm going to hold out until I see some reviews on the actual mod.
What Lynn said!

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
Was the 40TC Eleaf's first foray into TC?
Was it JTech's? (eta: no, they had the eVic VT about that time, not sure what else)

The 40 was 9 months ago (or so) and the "comeback" from the i50 debacle.
I got one then and haven't had any issues, though the TC is, as said... lacking.
Activating the Titanium mode gave it extra life though, and it's still a nice 40w.
The same generation i100 is still plugging along nicely as well.

Starting with the VTC, JoyeTech/Wismec/Eleaf have really found their legs for value and features. We've seen some hiccups, and some units will fail, but by and large... they're proving to be very good value for the money. And they seem to be leading the industry for features and upgradability in the lower price segment.

Perfect and/or investment quality? No.
But I have no qualms about this new one (other than the two I posted upthread).
We know the TC works on the previous mods in this stable. I expect the same here.

GranFumador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Peoples' Bucolic Republic of Maine
Was the 40TC Eleaf's first foray into TC?

We know the TC works on the previous mods in this stable. I expect the same here.

Reasonable people may disagree on your penultimate point. The tc 40 works well for me in vv/vw mode, but works badly, very badly, with eleaf's tc coil for the GS Tank.
That may be the fault of the coil, the tc 40 electronics, or both. I have no other tc mod with which to test. Perhaps Cheech or Lynn or IMRs or somebody else with the GS Tank coil and another tc mod could share their experience.

Reactions: Cheechako

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
Reasonable people may disagree on your penultimate point. The tc 40 works well for me in vv/vw mode, but works badly, very badly, with eleaf's tc coil for the GS Tank.
That may be the fault of the coil, the tc 40 electronics, or both. I have no other tc mod with which to test. Perhaps Cheech or Lynn or IMRs or somebody else with the GS Tank coil and another tc mod could share their experience.

You can blame it on the 40, we won't mind. Its' TC is weak. :p
I don't recall the specifics, but the numbers were all over the place. Quite poor. :(

One could say the current JT/W/Eleaf TC runs low as well, certainly the SS TC on my four.
But the accuracy and performance is night and day. They learned a lot.

I never had the 60TC, but I would guess it falls in with the 40.
Could be wrong, there was a short gap between their releases.

eta: By "this stable" I meant the current mods... VTC, RX, Presa, Cuboid, 100TC.

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
My 40W works great in VV/VW mode. Excellent battery life. In TC mode, it absolutely sucked with the GS tank that was advertised with it. Other tanks I tried with in Ni(Nautilus tank) and Ti such as a SubTank mini(used both Ni and Ti) left a lot to be desired in TC. When I want to use TC, I use an eVic mini or a Clouper mini with much better results. I'm happy I bought the 40W because I can use it with regular coils but I won't jump on the band wagon for the Pico until I read more reviews from people who have it and use it. :)

Hammy75

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2014
New Brunswick, Canada
You can't ship any vape gear using Epacket anymore. It was fine when this was available but it is not anymore.

Wow. That sucks. I haven't ordered from them in a couple months and might not again if the really slow boat is the only option. Too bad as I do trust them and have done lots of orders in the past. Might order this still through them as I don't really need it but at that price it wouldn't hurt too bad if I broke it.

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
My 40W works great in VV/VW mode. Excellent battery life. In TC mode, it absolutely sucked with the GS tank that was advertised with it. Other tanks I tried with in Ni(Nautilus tank) and Ti such as a SubTank mini(used both Ni and Ti) left a lot to be desired in TC. When I want to use TC, I use an eVic mini or a Clouper mini with much better results. I'm happy I bought the 40W because I can use it with regular coils but I won't jump on the band wagon for the Pico until I read more reviews from people who have it and use it. :)

I'll rephrase...

The PICO will be using the same chip set as the current line-up which includes your VTC.
It bears no relationship to the old 40TC.

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
I'll rephrase...

The PICO will be using the same chip set as the current line-up which includes your VTC.
It bears no relationship to the old 40TC.
That's wonderful! However, I still will not purchase this blindly. I'd like to see actual reviews from people who actually use this mod and not people on YouTube who are sent samples to review. :) Plus by waiting they'll be cheaper and I can order and have it sent in the same week. :)

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
That's wonderful! However, I still will not purchase this blindly. I'd like to see actual reviews from people who actually use this mod and not people on YouTube who are sent samples to review. :) Plus by waiting they'll be cheaper and I can order and have it sent in the same week. :)

Right before the mass of TC100 orders from FT etc. were to arrive the next week, I ordered two domestically and had them that Friday (2 weeks tomorrow). Price was even comparable. :p
In fact... the only thing I've ever pre-ordered was the i100.

I'm with you on waiting, I'm just pretty sure I'm gonna have a couple of these.
The i30s are getting pretty long in the tooth. :)

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
Like others, I am not going to preorder. I will wait until I can see some real reviews and can get it from here in the states. I buy a lot of misc things from Fasttech and am pleased with the products and their customer service. However, I do not NEED another mod, TC or not. I have several TC mods and I seldom use it. I am in business travel season so would rather order and have in a few days when I am home than have it sit at the post office for weeks while I pine for it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread