Status
Not open for further replies.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
Ughhhhh as much as I want one, I just hate ordering from FT. Haven't done so in about 2 yrs cause I've no patience. Despite the fact it's cheaper, I'm one who needs my vape mail in 2 days- not 2 weeks.

OTOH if I did jump on the pre-order, I might have it before US vendors get it.....oh decisions decisions!!!

!!! G*NOTE FIVE !!!

Reactions: Heartsdelight

DebiK

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2014
Georgia
Ughhhhh as much as I want one, I just hate ordering from FT. Haven't done so in about 2 yrs cause I've no patience. Despite the fact it's cheaper, I'm one who needs my vape mail in 2 days- not 2 weeks.

OTOH if I did jump on the pre-order, I might have it before US vendors get it.....oh decisions decisions!!!

!!! G*NOTE FIVE !!!

I keep my orders down to around $20 (just enough for the free tracking). I order a lot of small things, like o-rings, extra glass for toppers, battery wraps, etc. I stagger my orders out so I always have something on the way. lol. Keeps me from going crazy waiting. Normally, I only order the big things from the US, but since I just got a new mod on Valentine's Day, I can wait on this one. (Hubby got me the red Evic VTC Mini :wub: )

P.S. Another reason for keeping the orders smallish is so that if one does get lost, I won't be out as much money.

cobalt327

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2012
USA
You all have no need to worry.

Any item listed as "Authentic" is authentic. They do not play the bait 'n switch game.

If it's a clone, the description will say "Styled".

!!! G*NOTE FIVE !!!
Well, not any item- as an example FT has flashlights that are advertised as being equipped with Cree LEDs but are in fact equipped w/lesser quality clone LEDs. It pays to peruse the FT discussions that accompany most items they sell. There's where you'll see discussions on quality, authenticity, etc.

The FT sale is for 3 days:

FastTech Easter Sale! Code: BUNNY

Promotion period: March 27-29

1. 10% off Site-wide
2. 15% off for Android Phones & Tablets
3. Double rebate points

Last edited:

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
Well, not any item- as an example FT has flashlights that are advertised as being equipped with Cree LEDs but are in fact equipped w/lesser quality clone LEDs. It pays to peruse the FT discussions that accompany most items they sell. There's where you'll see discussions on quality, authenticity, etc.

The FT sale is for 3 days:

FastTech Easter Sale! Code: BUNNY

Promotion period: March 27-29

1. 10% off Site-wide
2. 15% off for Android Phones & Tablets
3. Double rebate points

My bad!

The only things I've ever bought from FT were all vape related. I thought that's what we were talking about. Until I started vaping I never heard of them.

Most of what I want that's not vape related I turn to Amazon with same day delivery.

!!! G*NOTE FIVE !!!

Brandon David

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Just a heads up... I emailed vapenw since they are state side and asked about this mod yesterday. I asked if they have an eta and if they'd be offering the mod only since the kit is $36 on pre-order. They said they'd have the mod only but don't have an estimated shipping time as of yet.

Nanny22

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Michigan
Just a heads up... I emailed vapenw since they are state side and asked about this mod yesterday. I asked if they have an eta and if they'd be offering the mod only since the kit is $36 on pre-order. They said they'd have the mod only but don't have an estimated shipping time as of yet.
I contacted Rocky Mountain Vapor with the same questions. They normally do a 25% off coupon code and free shipping on orders over $14.00. I will post any response I get from them, but I don't see it available for pre-order there right now.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
If I wait for it to become available stateside, I'll get it from Sweet-Vapes or any other place I've had great service with. VapeNW....never again.
For anyone interested, Angelcigs also tends to sell mod only.

Sent from my i6S+

love coffee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
If I wait for it to become available stateside, I'll get it from Sweet-Vapes or any other place I've had great service with. VapeNW....never again.
For anyone interested, Angelcigs also tends to sell mod only.

Sent from my i6S+

Sweet Vapes has a note on their website that they will be offering it as mod only, in addition to the kit.

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
I'm really on the fence as far as this mod is concerned. I picked up the 40W TC iStick when it first became available because it had temperature control and I loved my other isticks. I got very disillusioned by it quickly. It's a great VV/VW mod but imho sucks for TC. I think I'm going to hold out until I see some reviews on the actual mod.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
I totally agree! I actually love that they are on the bottom. Much less chance of accidentally changing settings mid vape, lol.

Seems like...with the adjustment buttons on the bottom...you'd be likely to "accidentally changing settings" when you place it upright on your desk??? :shock:

ian91

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Westbank, BC Canada
Oops - I posted the same thing about the FT disclaimer. IDK what that means, but makes me a little gunshy about ordering it.
I order just about everything from FT. I currently have 5 Evic Minis and a Cuboid. My wife has 6 istick 30W. All have the same disclaimer and all are authentic. You don't have to worry about that. If it says it is authentic, it is. What you do need to worry about is the amount of time that it will take to get it. FT is definitely the slow boat. If you have no patience (which seems to be a disease here!!), don't order it from them.

love coffee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
I order just about everything from FT. I currently have 5 Evic Minis and a Cuboid. My wife has 6 istick 30W. All have the same disclaimer and all are authentic. You don't have to worry about that. If it says it is authentic, it is. What you do need to worry about is the amount of time that it will take to get it. FT is definitely the slow boat. If you have no patience (which seems to be a disease here!!), don't order it from them.

I'm with ya on the delay from FT, and that is also a concern of mine. When the istick mini first came out, I ordered 2 from FT which said they would ship in 5 days. ONE MONTH LATER, I finally gave up and cancelled my order. Soooooo, I expect this pico to be a popular mod, and I also expect the wait time to even ship to be more than noted on their website.

ian91

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Westbank, BC Canada
I guess I am getting better at patience in my old age. I just order and let it go. I get it when I get it. It is not like I do not have enough stuff to tide me over. When I lived in the US, the orders seemed to come quicker and I could track them to my door. Here in Canada, they take way longer and once they hit the border, I can't track them anymore. Just have to wait until they clear customs and get to my door. I hate that part!!

Hammy75

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2014
New Brunswick, Canada
I guess I am getting better at patience in my old age. I just order and let it go. I get it when I get it. It is not like I do not have enough stuff to tide me over. When I lived in the US, the orders seemed to come quicker and I could track them to my door. Here in Canada, they take way longer and once they hit the border, I can't track them anymore. Just have to wait until they clear customs and get to my door. I hate that part!!

If you pay the $2-$3 for Epacket you can track it through Canada post once it hits the border plus you will usually receive in 2 weeks or less depending on where you live in Canada. When I was in Ontario it took 7-9 days once shipped unless it got caught up in customs (only happened to me once for an extra 5 day wait). The free shipping usually takes a month. In NB it's about 2 weeks with Epacket.

For the low price I will probably order one and forget about it until it shows up to brighten my day:)

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I like to browse Fasttech for odds and ends, put stuff on the wish list, then place an order every few months if I'm still interested. I've learned to pay attention to the out of stock or delayed shipping items and not incllude them in an order if I'm "in a hurry". The most interesting things usually take longer to get. The Pico is in an order by itself. My everyday all day mod is a vtc mini (from FT) which will keep me happy until the Pico shows up.

In 17 months I've bought 8 power supplies. The first 5 were about the learning curve. The next three were chasing the technology. Two of them were mistakes but none of them were bad. Total cost for the bunch, about $500. The Pico is pure indulgence and less expensive than all but one of the previous ones (assuming FT can get the product in the forseeable future to sell at their price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread