eleaf lemo leaks when on its side when it's filled over half way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomso

Dec 8, 2014
Boulder, CO
So after two and a half tanks, still no leaking. I am fairly positive the culprit was chimney oring. After trying everything else. Go figure. If anyones has a lemo that leaks, you might as well change oring first and tighten down as much as posible the positive screw. Check for cracks in glass and if none found and still leaks, it's very probably the build. Thanks a lot to all who helped.

Last edited:

Glitched

ECF Veteran
May 15, 2011
South Denver
Hello

Ive had my lemo since it came out and never had problems with it leaking. A couple of days ago it started leaking when it was full/on its side, i took it apart and rebuild it making sure everything was tight, but it still leaked.
Took it apart again and inspected the oring on the chimney, it was cracked and worn ( pull on it abit, and you`ll see any imperfections) I`ve replaced it and it fixed my leaking problems :)
I havent been to good at keeping that oring wet while putting the lemo together, gonna make sure its well lubed from now on.
I`ve also put in an order on some slighty thicker orings wich I`m gonna try out.

My chimney o-ring is shot. I've only rebuilt the coil twice since I've owned it.. Did you find a better o-ring?

-Edit: Not a new rta user. My R91 is on its stock o-rings for well over a year. The Lemo is less than three months old

Last edited:

Bleheri

Jul 13, 2014
Denmark
My chimney o-ring is shot. I've only rebuilt the coil twice since I've owned it.. Did you find a better o-ring?

-Edit: Not a new RTA user. My R91 is on its stock o-rings for well over a year. The Lemo is less than three months old

I actually got them yesterday, but have not tried them yet. From FT i got sku: 1536601 wich is a perfect match to the original o ring, and sku 2071201 wich is slighty thicker.
The way the o ring is seated and the twisting action when you are screwing on the top, is very hard on that particular o ring (design flaw ?). My best advice is to make sure the o ring is wet when screwing the top on, and keep a few spares handy (1,56 $ for 50 piecesat FT)

Will post back when I fit the others.

Bleheri

Jul 13, 2014
Denmark
Ok, tried sku 2071201 wich was slightly thicker, and it does fit and seal the chimney very well, but a bigger problem reveals itself :laugh: You can`t tighten down the top section enought to sandwich the glass between the tank seals, creating a vacum/leaking problem there.

Just to make sure they fit, I fitted 1536601 and I`m vaping it now with no leaks.

DHolly

ECF Veteran
  • Apr 1, 2014
    Kennesaw, GA. USA
    I got the lemo yesterday and built my FIRST coil using the thread here "The Lemo and a build with pics". I filled it up 1/2 way last night and WOW I was loving it.
    Filled it up full this morning and it leaked all day from the air holes as stated by OP. I would guess half the juice leaked out, luckily I had a back up tank to make it through the day.
    Tonight after googling... I took it apart check all o rings, checked to make sure everything is snug and filled it up again. It's still leaking!

I did skip two pages of this thread as it appeared too many people cluttered up this thread with comments regarding how "crazy and impossible" this leak is, really!

Only possible thing I can come up with is a question as to where to o ring should be on the glass tank. There is an o ring (clear/white) on the bottom and the same inside the top area where it screws together. Is this o ring supposed to be on the glass not in the top?

Thanks

Last edited:

MidwestGuy

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 17, 2014
    Iowa
    I got the lemo yesterday and built my FIRST coil using the thread here "The Lemo and a build with pics". I filled it up 1/2 way last night and WOW I was loving it.
    Filled it up full this morning and it leaked all day from the air holes as stated by OP. I would guess half the juice leaked out, luckily I had a back up tank to make it through the day.
    Tonight after googling... I took it apart check all o rings, checked to make sure everything is snug and filled it up again. It's still leaking!

I did skip two pages of this thread as it appeared too many people cluttered up this thread with comments regarding how "crazy and impossible" this leak is, really!

Only possible thing I can come up with is a question as to where to o ring should be on the glass tank. There is an o ring (clear/white) on the bottom and the same inside the top area where it screws together. Is this o ring supposed to be on the glass not in the top?

Thanks

DHolly - please see my latest post in the "Lemo Build with Pics" thread, link here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/rta/601945-lemo-rta-build-pics-258.html#post15286114

There are three o-rings: One that fits in to the top cap, one that fits in to the base, and the black one that fits on the top chimney section. All three need some special care in order to make sure everything is sealed properly, with extra special attention being given to the black chimney o-ring. I've heard some reports of the clear/silicon o-ring "sticking" to the glass when first removing the Lemo from it's packaging. You'll need to remove that o-ring from the glass if that's the case. The clear/silicon o-rings fit in to their metal pieces, and then the glass seals against them. Please see my post linked above for detailed instructions; the main point being that these o-rings need to be set well and lubricated, especially the chimney o-ring. If you're still leaking after that, let us know and we'll start looking at the build; but most cases, o-rings are to blame.

DHolly

ECF Veteran
  • Apr 1, 2014
    Kennesaw, GA. USA
    DHolly - please see my latest post in the "Lemo Build with Pics" thread, link here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/rta/601945-lemo-rta-build-pics-258.html#post15286114

There are three o-rings: One that fits in to the top cap, one that fits in to the base, and the black one that fits on the top chimney section. All three need some special care in order to make sure everything is sealed properly, with extra special attention being given to the black chimney o-ring. I've heard some reports of the clear/silicon o-ring "sticking" to the glass when first removing the Lemo from it's packaging. You'll need to remove that o-ring from the glass if that's the case. The clear/silicon o-rings fit in to their metal pieces, and then the glass seals against them. Please see my post linked above for detailed instructions; the main point being that these o-rings need to be set well and lubricated, especially the chimney o-ring. If you're still leaking after that, let us know and we'll start looking at the build; but most cases, o-rings are to blame.

Thank you so much!

Yes, the clear o ring was stuck to the bottom of the glass when I received it!! That's great news, oh how I LOVE THIS PLACE and helpful people like YOU :)

i wasn't sure if my post made sense but was hoping it was the o rings on the glass as the top was in the metal and bottom on the glass. Of course I had no idea where they were supposed to be, lol
    Just wanted to say thanks, I'll go read your post now and follow directions :)

I've had my Lemo (Lemo Drops) about 3 months, and it will leak if I don't use enough cotton. I have three, and they all suffer this. Even when I do use enough cotton, after enough time elapses the cotton seems to get misshapen and plastered to the side. It will leak then, too. I've found by using the Bunny Ears method (sticking the cotton out the top of the chimney) and clipping at about 1/2 inch prevents leaks the best. Even when they don't leak immediately, sometimes they leak later on. Like I said, use a lot of cotton. The Lemo has really deep juice wells and even using extra, extra cotton I've never had a dry hit at 15 watts.

Reactions: Stan81

IM_ALL_IN

ECF Veteran
    Feb 15, 2013
    NE
    I'm finding the lemo drop to be super annoying! It was dribbling out of the fill port so I replaced it with a screw, but now I'm getting dribbling out of the center air hole :facepalm:

It's slow, but after a while it will start seeping out between the bottom plate and the main base. Is this possibly from insufficient cotton? I have it tightened down all the way and there's still drops coming out...any tips?

Fixed this **** finally! There's a lot of good advice in this thread if you are finding yourself here after some leaking issues. Read that, and my problem with the air port was solved, so far, by really cranking it tight with the screwdriver. Don't be afraid to put some torque on this if it's leaking. Also, the air ring has to be somewhat open or it will still leak.

Last edited:

DatguyRay

Mar 11, 2015
    New Jersey
    Just a quick update, I seem to have stopped mine leaking, I noticed that on my kayfun there is an oring in the middle part of the chimney (where the top and bottom parts of the chimney screw together) but the lemo didn't have one there, it didn't come with any spares that look like they would fit there either even though it looks like it is recessed to take one, so I popped a spare I had into that join, I also wicked mine differently this time, did the normal bunny ear way of wicking but then added a strip to each side between the chimney and the side of the deck so it doesn't block the juice channels but restricts air flow if it does lay on its side, I'll add some pics later if anyone wants to try the same to cure theirs leaking

please add the pics, I just bouht a lemo and am having the same sort of issues. it' leaking. :C

duc916

ECF Veteran
    Jul 10, 2012
    Nor Cal
    From day one I never bothered with the fill screw and opted to use the rubber gasket, and I suspect that's the cause of many leaks people are having. In my opinion a fill screw should have an o-ring, by design. The fill screw has to not only be liquid-tight... it has to be AIR-tight, and that's a tall order. If it's not air-tight, it won't hold a vacuum, which means liquid is free to flood your chimney. I never had a single leak/flood using the fill gasket.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Stan81

WickedBad

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 24, 2014
    United States
    I have 4 Lemos and 1 of them has been leaking very similar to the reports in this thread. The other three never leaked a drop so I know my builds were fine.

What was happening is when I put it back together I would go base -> chimney base -> chimney top -> top cap. I figured it was leaking at the topcap/chimney so I swaped the o ring which did not fix it. So what I did I screwed the top chimney into the topcap before screwing the chimneys together. When I screwed it to the topcap I tightened it to where I felt the topcap catch the oring then a bit more. Now I screwed them back together works fine. The chimney piece on mine seems to be a bit to short. When I screw it back together this way there is a noticeable gap between the two chimney pieces but it is not leaking at all.

Yeah time to order another now!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread