eleaf lemo leaks when on its side when it's filled over half way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomso

Dec 8, 2014
Boulder, CO
Have same issues with leaking through the bottom. It's not the fill screw, because vacume was so strong, I couldn't unscrew until I removed the top part. I always keep my airflow all the way open and fill to half or so. So, it's either not enough wick ( I use 2mm inner diameter ), flawed Lemo ( could be one of the two white silicon things that are part of build assembly ), or, and haven't though of that until Willie said it, but I run mine fairly low wattage ( lowest it will go, shows 6w, but could run a bit higher). Will try higher wattage and see how that works. Would be interested to hear what is the wattage on those other Lemos that have leaking issues.

WeirdWillie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2014
Houston, Texas
Have same issues with leaking through the bottom. It's not the fill screw, because vacume was so strong, I couldn't unscrew until I removed the top part. I always keep my airflow all the way open and fill to half or so. So, it's either not enough wick ( I use 2mm inner diameter ), flawed Lemo ( could be one of the two white silicon things that are part of build assembly ), or, and haven't though of that until Willie said it, but I run mine fairly low wattage ( lowest it will go, shows 6w, but could run a bit higher). Will try higher wattage and see how that works. Would be interested to hear what is the wattage on those other Lemos that have leaking issues.
I don't think that running at 6w has anything to do with leaking directly, but let me ask you this how do you have your air flow set?
If you have your air flow set for a real tight draw because you are only running at 6w to be able to produce any vapor then yes it is possible that the chamber is under such a vacuum your sucking more juice into the chamber than you're boiling off.

Tomso

Dec 8, 2014
Boulder, CO
I don't think that running at 6w has anything to do with leaking directly, but let me ask you this how do you have your air flow set?
If you have your air flow set for a real tight draw because you are only running at 6w to be able to produce any vapor then yes it is possible that the chamber is under such a vacuum your sucking more juice into the chamber than you're boiling off.

I have it all the way opened. Might as well take the screw off. But yea, I don't think more wattage would help. I put it at 15 and it leaked even more. And 90% of the time it's in upright position and still leaks. First week or so no leak, now no matter what I do, more cotton or less, airflow closed or opened, more wattage or not, same problem.

KGB7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
Rockville, MD
I have it all the way opened. Might as well take the screw off. But yea, I don't think more wattage would help. I put it at 15 and it leaked even more. And 90% of the time it's in upright position and still leaks. First week or so no leak, now no matter what I do, more cotton or less, airflow closed or opened, more wattage or not, same problem.

Leaked more at 15watts?

You need to go 25w or higher, because it sounds like you flooding it.

Bassnorma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Geekville, USA
I run it on Istick at 1.5ohm. I prefer less wattage, as I don't like hot vape. I have read quite a few people run it the same. Don't get me wrong, I like Lemo, but this leaking is frustrating as hell. Just wish I knew what I am doing wrong. I will build bigger coil next week and see if that will make it better.

I left the pre built wick and coil on it....mine leaks...sigh. wattage should not be a factor...poor wicking could be.

(sent from an alien device which translates English into Klingon without my approval)

IM_ALL_IN

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2013
NE
I've been using "older" vaping gear for a while now and am in the process of upgrading, so I'm glad to have found this thread. The lemo seemed to be popular and the short reviews on youtube or wherever are great, but the real test IMO is daily use. I was all set to buy this thing and wanted to read a bit more before committing, and that's when I came across this leaky thread. Deal killer! Clouds are great and all, but who wants the headache of a constant cleanup? Not me. A device that can't hold its own juice is near worthless. I'm envisioning the constant unscrewing of the base and wiping, and then repeating that torture 1000x before a better device come out. Not happening. You waste money by losing juice and get a headache to boot.

I'm eager to get into the rebuildable game, but sadly it isn't going to be with the leaky lemo. I don't want to derail, but would appreciate a point in the general direction I should look now. So much researching involved, ugh, why is it so hard to find a solid product???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I've been using "older" vaping gear for a while now and am in the process of upgrading, so I'm glad to have found this thread. The lemo seemed to be popular and the short reviews on youtube or wherever are great, but the real test IMO is daily use. I was all set to buy this thing and wanted to read a bit more before committing, and that's when I came across this leaky thread. Deal killer! Clouds are great and all, but who wants the headache of a constant cleanup? Not me. A device that can't hold its own juice is near worthless. I'm envisioning the constant unscrewing of the base and wiping, and then repeating that torture 1000x before a better device come out. Not happening. You waste money by losing juice and get a headache to boot.

I'm eager to get into the rebuildable game, but sadly it isn't going to be with the leaky lemo. I don't want to derail, but would appreciate a point in the general direction I should look now. So much researching involved, ugh, why is it so hard to find a solid product???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You'll be missing out then. I have 3 Lemos and none have ever leaked a drop. In fact, they're the most leak proof atomizers I've owned.

Leaks are caused by improper assembly or poor builds and wicking.

The Lemo is for "advanced users". No one starts out vaping being an advanced user or automatically knowing how to coil and wick an RTA. It's not some weird guru thing, but it is not a given that anyone can just buy one and have it work perfectly on the first try.

What it means is that it's for vapers who are willing to put in the time and practice to learn what it takes to build and wick an atomizer correctly, and the process can be different for each style of atomizer.

The Lemo is wildly popular for a good reason: It's awesome.

Last edited:

Bleheri

Jul 13, 2014
Denmark
Hello

Ive had my lemo since it came out and never had problems with it leaking. A couple of days ago it started leaking when it was full/on its side, i took it apart and rebuild it making sure everything was tight, but it still leaked.
Took it apart again and inspected the oring on the chimney, it was cracked and worn ( pull on it abit, and you`ll see any imperfections) I`ve replaced it and it fixed my leaking problems :)
I havent been to good at keeping that oring wet while putting the lemo together, gonna make sure its well lubed from now on.
I`ve also put in an order on some slighty thicker orings wich I`m gonna try out.

RandyF

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Arizona

The Lemo isn't leaky, I have 3 (2 full 1 Drop) and none leak. I am honestly perplexed by people that have this problem. I am sitting here typing this with my Lemo Drop on my SMPL laying sideways in the chair next to me and no leaking.

Roccov

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2012
Philly
vaporreporter.wordpress.com
I"m with you guys. I get a chuckle reading these leaking claims. I've never experienced any leaking myself. My active lifestyle had kept me using IBTanks while out and about until I got a Lemo. It spent the whole first tankful on it's side as a test. Been taking it with me everywhere except skiing. Not that brave yet. :laugh: Enjoy the day! :2cool:

Bassnorma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Geekville, USA
Whelp they are not claims they are reality, Here are the attys I own:

Kayfuns- no leaking
EHPro Kayfuns -no leaking
Tobeco Orchids- No leaking
Cyclone BF- Only leaks when I over squonk
Foggers- no leaking
Big Fogger- no leaking
Billow- no leaking
Nano Billow-no leaking
ErlPrinz- no leaking
Lemo Drop- no leaking
Lemo- leaks like a sieve and still have not identified why.

Oh and I forgot the Nauti and Altantis which also do not leak...

And I just would like to point out that if you do not have a leaky Lemo then good on you. But if you also do not have a suggestion then chuckling at people who do have leaky Lemos is quite bad form....

Turn the tables and you have an atty issue that you are on a forum to get advice about? How would you take it if I laughed at you or told you that it was not possible? I imagine, not too well.

Last edited:

Zombo

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2013
Philadelphia, PA, USA

The Lemo was my first RBA. For the past couple of months, I've been vaping 6-10ml a day on 3 separate Lemos, and I've only had one leak...turned out I had forgotten to put an o-ring back on after a cleaning!

In fairness, I tend to not leave it on it's side for long. I always assumed that RBAs would leak if left horizontal for long periods, exceptions being tanks that have juice flow shut-off.

I don't even know why people have a problem with the silicon plug...that thing is brilliant. As others have pointed out, just go easy on it when it's dry. If you need to, you can lube it with e-juice. I never do, and after my first tank full there is enough condensation to make it smooth sailing from then on. Also, since it's mushy, when inserting it, I lightly move it back and forth (horizontally) while pressing down to make sure it's seated properly.

I guess there are many variables that go with vaping (maybe even the environment you're vaping in), and I may have gotten lucky, as a newb, and hit the sweet spot with my Lemo...it's been completely no-hassle for me. Now if I could only say the same about general coil building. :oops:

Bassnorma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Geekville, USA
The Lemo was my first RBA. For the past couple of months, I've been vaping 6-10ml a day on 3 separate Lemos, and I've only had one leak...turned out I had forgotten to put an o-ring back on after a cleaning!

In fairness, I tend to not leave it on it's side for long. I always assumed that RBAs would leak if left horizontal for long periods, exceptions being tanks that have juice flow shut-off.

I don't even know why people have a problem with the silicon plug...that thing is brilliant. As others have pointed out, just go easy on it when it's dry. If you need to, you can lube it with e-juice. I never do, and after my first tank full there is enough condensation to make it smooth sailing from then on. Also, since it's mushy, when inserting it, I lightly move it back and forth (horizontally) while pressing down to make sure it's seated properly.

I guess there are many variables that go with vaping (maybe even the environment you're vaping in), and I may have gotten lucky, as a newb, and hit the sweet spot with my Lemo...it's been completely no-hassle for me. Now if I could only say the same about general coil building. :oops:

That's the one thing I have not tried...I'll get the plug deployed once I finish this tank. For now I'll keep it upright. The screw is a bit of a pain anyway. Thanks for reminding me! :)

And it's true Zombo. there is a lot in vaping that can be that way. One person has zero issues and another may have a few. I see that a lot on the forums. I guess it can be any number of things, including user error, damage or manufacturing controls...

Coil building can be an art form. You will master it in no time flat...:)

Last edited:

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Whelp they are not claims they are reality, Here are the attys I own:

Kayfuns- no leaking
EHPro Kayfuns -no leaking
Tobeco Orchids- No leaking
Cyclone BF- Only leaks when I over squonk
Foggers- no leaking
Big Fogger- no leaking
Billow- no leaking
Nano Billow-no leaking
ErlPrinz- no leaking
Lemo Drop- no leaking
Lemo- leaks like a sieve and still have not identified why.

Oh and I forgot the Nauti and Altantis which also do not leak...

And I just would like to point out that if you do not have a leaky Lemo then good on you. But if you also do not have a suggestion then chuckling at people who do have leaky Lemos is quite bad form....

Turn the tables and you have an atty issue that you are on a forum to get advice about? How would you take it if I laughed at you or told you that it was not possible? I imagine, not too well.

If your Drop vapes without leaks, then the only thing that makes sense is a seal issue on the full size Lemo. There have been some reports of chipped glass tubes, and I have personally had one of mine missing the upper black chimney o-ring which seals the chimney to the top cap. A spare is included.

If the tank is otherwise sealed for vacuum, then the issue is wicking, or lack there of.

Bassnorma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Geekville, USA
If your Drop vapes without leaks, then the only thing that makes sense is a seal issue on the full size Lemo. There have been some reports of chipped glass tubes, and I have personally had one of mine missing the upper black chimney o-ring which seals the chimney to the top cap. A spare is included.

If the tank is otherwise sealed for vacuum, then the issue is wicking, or lack there of.

I left their build in it...It came wicked and coiled. Was feeling lazy the day it arrived. Same with the drop. Chimney O-ring is in place. Checked all the others but did not scrutinize for glass being chipped. That's a good thing to check when I empty it.

Last edited:

Tomso

Dec 8, 2014
Boulder, CO
Just a follow up on my leaking. I made bigger coil (3mm instead of 2mm), changed the o-ring on the chimney just becuase few people mentioned it could be the reason behind leaking and tighten the positive airflow screw as hard as posible. So far, after a day, no leaking what so ever. Hopefully, it will keep up. Before, it would leak fairly fast, and by now, it would be a small puddle inside the bottom part. And flavor at least for me is smoother with 3mm coil.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread