evod straw effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
This is my first post so I need to say hi to everybody . Does anybody have any suggestions as to how to avoid getting a mouthful of juice from a evod ? It seems as if 3 out of 5 heads do this right out of the pack. I make sure they're tight and the tank is full to maintain a vacuum but they still do this and it wastes a lot of juice.

Hmm. Are you actually keeping it too full? I've only been vaping Evods, and that only happens to me if I've filled it too far -- which lets some of the juice get squished down in the vape channel when I put the head back in -- or if I'm not careful when filling it up and let some spill or drip in. If I screw up and a little gets in the channel I just turn it upside down and run a Q-tip through the mouthpiece to wash it out.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Either over-filling or drawing too hard.

With 100% VG (very thick) and no modifications to the coil (removing flavor wicks) you should be getting dry hits, not flooding.

You CANNOT over fill a BCC if you stop at the pipe top.
If you spill some in the pipe. Insert the coil base and lightly blow excess into a tissue. Loosen base to relieve any pressure and tighten.

* if no modifications have been made - check to be sure Flavor wicks were installed.*
Factory QC isn't the best!

ETA - FYI you can look at the wicks from the side(out of tank) and see if any Gap exist. There should be NONE.

Last edited:

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
First, blow out the EVOD from the mouthpiece to the 510 connection while keeping the EVOD upside down, and into a Kleenex. Second, make sure your PG ratio is at least 70% PG. Third, don't remove your flavor wicks, and/or consider exchanging the silica wicks with cotton wicks. Fourth, keep your heat around 7 Watts (YMMV), and depending on user and juice. Fifth, don't inhale too hard, longer slower draws will improve the vape. Sixth, when you start to hear the first gurgle in the EVOD, insert a pipe cleaner or QTip to remove excess juice. Seventh, you must clean the heads frequently, and replace them when they can no longer be cleaned. Depending on juice and temperature, you can both caramelize and carbonize your wicks, which will lead to flooding and leaking. In no time, these actions become second nature, and you become a happy vaper. I enjoy my EVOD's, particularly when out and about. Very nice vape, imo. Vaping requires a little effort, from time to time, to maintain the best vape. Good luck, Power up and Vape On!

Last edited:

jow350

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Pennsylvania, USA
I actually ran into the same thing, both with the EVOD and the Protank. The quick fix that works best for me, with the minimal amount of lost fluid, is to just to turn the tank around and blow it out through the bottom, then take a strip of tissue, roll it up and, while still upside down, stick the tissue into the mouthpiece and soak up the extra fluid. I switched from 100% VG to 50/50 PG/VG and the problem pretty much went away, except for when it gets close to empty...
Phil Busardo pointed this problem out when he reviewed the Protank as he apparently likes VG, he fixed it by removing one of the extra wicks in the head. He showed how to do that as part of the review and it's pretty easy to do. The EVOD head is built exactly like the Protank head, it's just a bit smaller (matter of fact, I use EVOD heads in my Protank for a tighter draw).
http:/..................../wordpress/2013/02/28/the-kanger-pro-tank-review/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread