Not open for further replies.

Ed_C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Seligman, MO
I sent in a ticket to Evlov and they said:

"
For a dna device to read OFF in Temperature mode, something occurred to cause a resistance outside of the expected TCR curve range. This could have been caused either by a poor connection at the coil for a split second, or a short than may have occurred for a split second such as the coil touching the chimney or shorting for a split second. Basically what happened, is the coil was heated, and the board did not see expected resistance shift based on the TCR being used. Due to this it was not able to limit the temperature, and in this case saw enough shift to believe the coil was not a Temperature Protection capable coil.

If I had to make an educated guess, I would think a temporary hard short occurred somewhere between the coil and solder pads on the board causing the resistance to be static and the board to fire in power control instead of temperature mode."

Reactions: cigatron

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
I sent in a ticket to Evlov and they said:

"
For a DNA device to read OFF in Temperature mode, something occurred to cause a resistance outside of the expected TCR curve range. This could have been caused either by a poor connection at the coil for a split second, or a short than may have occurred for a split second such as the coil touching the chimney or shorting for a split second. Basically what happened, is the coil was heated, and the board did not see expected resistance shift based on the TCR being used. Due to this it was not able to limit the temperature, and in this case saw enough shift to believe the coil was not a Temperature Protection capable coil.

If I had to make an educated guess, I would think a temporary hard short occurred somewhere between the coil and solder pads on the board causing the resistance to be static and the board to fire in power control instead of temperature mode."

Ah yes, now I remember that happening to me once. I had repositioned a ss clapton coil in an atty after it had been used for a while and the res was jumping around. I guess the ss had oxidized too much with use and was not making good connection. Replaced the coil and the problem went away. Glad you got it figured out.

dd4285

May 19, 2016
Malaysia
Hi, sorry if the question i'm about to ask has been asked and answered before.

1. Do we need to lock (pressing power and plus button) the coil (ss316l) resistance.
2. How to turn off preheat? I'm only using single coil spaced 26g ss316l. Don't think preheat is needed for such simple n low mass build.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

VapingBad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2015
Hertfordshire, UK
Hi, sorry if the question i'm about to ask has been asked and answered before.

1. Do we need to lock (pressing power and plus button) the coil (ss316l) resistance.
2. How to turn off preheat? I'm only using single coil spaced 26g ss316l. Don't think preheat is needed for such simple n low mass build.

No, locking is is bad in temp mode, only use if you have a connection issue you can not solve any other way.
You can turn preheat off in EScribe by setting it's time to zero, but I always max the preheat for 2 secs with the 75 and SS, I just use around double the watts on 200s and 250s, but still punch 11 and time 2 secs. It will not take you over the temp like preheat on many mods, the punch setting is how close it will get to your temp before stopping preheat IIRC 1 means within 160 F, 11 means within 10 F.

dd4285

May 19, 2016
Malaysia
No, locking is is bad in temp mode, only use if you have a connection issue you can not solve any other way.
You can turn preheat off in EScribe by setting it's time to zero, but I always max the preheat for 2 secs with the 75 and SS, I just use around double the watts on 200s and 250s, but still punch 11 and time 2 secs. It will not take you over the temp like preheat on many mods, the punch setting is how close it will get to your temp before stopping preheat IIRC 1 means within 160 F, 11 means within 10 F.
Thanks a bunch. Really appreciate your explanation.. [emoji106]

Reactions: VapingBad

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
I lock the res on my DNAs without issue. I don't HAVE to lock res if I don't remove/service my atty and reinstall it before it cools but I do that sometimes. Sometimes I have to remove them to fill them or rearrange/trim the wick and by having the res locked I can continue vaping right away by answering "no" to the "new coil" prompt.
I realize that this could cause an over temp condition if I answered "yes" to the prompt but I immediately recognize the problem on the first pull and correct it.

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
i lock the res when i'm using SS 316l. if i don't, i notice after refinement the base res lowers to such a degree the vape becomes anemic, even at 600F (way too lazy to load another SS CSV). so i lock it as soon as i put an SS build on any dna mod i own. that way it gives me some headroom, in terms of temp adjustment, to dial in the vape. i'm guessing it's junky SS316l. i did get it from FT, so....... with Ni, Ti or NiFe, i leave it unlocked, i let refinement do it's thing for a more accurate TC.

Reactions: cigatron

raitizz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Riga, Latvia
Hi there.
Got an issue with my DNA75 (Vapedroid). The device does not go out of charging mode. After Idling the screen should turn off, but it goes to charging brightness and shows the battery %, because that's in the "charging" screen setting. Also, after charging or doing Escribe and unplugging the cable, the red light stays On as long as I click the Fire button. other buttons don't turn it off. Soft and hard reboot don't help.
Any ideas? Thanks.

8a1973799463b152fb41cf1647d0986a.png

R

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
Hi there.
Got an issue with my DNA75 (Vapedroid). The device does not go out of charging mode. After Idling the screen should turn off, but it goes to charging brightness and shows the battery %, because that's in the "charging" screen setting. Also, after charging or doing Escribe and unplugging the cable, the red light stays On as long as I click the Fire button. other buttons don't turn it off. Soft and hard reboot don't help.
Any ideas? Thanks.

R

No idea, but did you post the same question on the Evolv board? There are a lot more DNA owners there for obvious reasons, as well as forum mods that are usually quick to respond. If it's a bad board, Evolv has been great on replacing them, no charge. Good luck.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
Hi there.
Any ideas? Thanks.

R
What Mac said

raitizz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Riga, Latvia
No idea, but did you post the same question on the Evolv board? There are a lot more DNA owners there for obvious reasons, as well as forum mods that are usually quick to respond. If it's a bad board, Evolv has been great on replacing them, no charge. Good luck.

Thank you. No, I haven't. Care to direct me to the right thread / share a link?

Cheers,
R

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
I have 2 DNA75's I built into Silo 900 cases and a VT75 Nano and they work just as well as my other DNA200/250 mods. Maybe clean your 510 connector?

The only gripe I have with the DNA75 is that it isn't as efficient as the DNA200/250 so battery life (2500mah 25r or HE2) isn't as good as my 950mah 3s powered DNA200's.

Reactions: jurdanas

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
I have 2 DNA75's I built into Silo 900 cases and a VT75 Nano and they work just as well as my other DNA200/250 mods. Maybe clean your 510 connector?
Yep, thoroughly cleaned.

The only gripe I have with the DNA75 is that it isn't as efficient as the DNA200/250 so battery life (2500mah 25r or HE2) isn't as good as my 950mah 3s powered DNA200's.

iirc a 900mah 3s Lipo is equivalent in watt/hours to approx a 2700mah Li-ion. A 950mah 3s Lipo even more. Also, you might want to check the hard cutoff voltage for your 18650. I set mine for 3.3v.

Last edited:

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
Can you open it up and check the solder joints on the 510? That's the only reason the resistance would change.

900mah 3s and 950mah are pretty much the same battery. I know they're supposed to have similar w/h to a 2500mah Li-ion but the same tank/build can vape 10-12ml on my DNA200 with 900/950mah 3s vs 8-10ml on my DNA75 with 25r.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread