Evolv DNA 75

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
None of my three 75's show this.....Check for a loose ground screw for the top left board mounting screw since this is the main ground for the device. I'd try to utilize the warranty before tearing into it trying to find possible issues.
I'll check the board mounting screws, thanks. Replacement warranty is expired.

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
Volcano states the mod resistance is 0.007. An intermittent problem may be a connectivity or loose ground issue.

Quite a bit of mod res difference between .007 and the previously mentioned .002. That's approx 40°f difference in temp with the wire I'm using but still nothing compared to the .03 I'm seeing. Probably the ground screw as you said. I'll check it tomorrow.

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
volcano cheaps out on the 510 ground for their 200 and the 75 mods. the 3 board mounting/grounding screws get loose and dirty over time requiring cleaning and re-torquing down. same thing with the silo/erm (whatever you wanna call it), the hana v200, hotcig dx200 and the araia solara dna 200. all rely on the 3 board screws for the 510 ground.

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
volcano cheaps out on the 510 ground for their 200 and the 75 mods. the 3 board mounting/grounding screws get loose and dirty over time requiring cleaning and re-torquing down. same thing with the silo/erm (whatever you wanna call it), the hana v200, hotcig dx200 and the araia solara dna 200. all rely on the 3 board screws for the 510 ground.

Wondering now if my Hotcigs DX200 charging issue could be caused by loose board screws? I've checked the battery connectors, they all seem to be protruding the proper amount. Hmmm

Update: Nope, cleaning and tightening things didn't help. Still reads .01A with no charge indicator and mod looses voltage with charge cable plugged in. Poop.

Last edited:

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
@retird , Doesn't look like I'm going to be able to screenshot today.
If it helps I saw in DM that all the cells ranged in voltage between 3.15 and 3.2v today. I had attempted several reboots, uploads and battery recoveries in the past to no avail. I had also saved the 1500mah cvs from another mod and loaded to the Hotcigs. No worky.
I suspect it is not the battery at fault because it recovered some voltage from the last time I messed with it ie up from 2.8v where I left it last time to 3.15v when I started today. It's now down to approx 2.9v.

Time for an Evolve trouble ticket?

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
Wondering now if my Hotcigs DX200 charging issue could be caused by loose board screws? I've checked the battery connectors, they all seem to be protruding the proper amount. Hmmm

Update: Nope, cleaning and tightening things didn't help. Still reads .01A with no charge indicator and mod looses voltage with charge cable plugged in. Poop.
EScribe comes in handy for diagnosing just about anything. charging would not be affected by the board screws. there can be quite a few reasons why your charging current is so low. this is where device monitor comes in handy. could be imbalanced cells, too low of an individual cell voltage, an incorrect setting in EScribe. IIRC, that hotcig lipo wasn't the greatest?

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
EScribe comes in handy for diagnosing just about anything. charging would not be affected by the board screws. there can be quite a few reasons why your charging current is so low. this is where device monitor comes in handy. could be imbalanced cells, too low of an individual cell voltage, an incorrect setting in EScribe. IIRC, that hotcig lipo wasn't the greatest?

Thanks for that. My last post covers some of what you mentioned.

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
I had that issue with my v200. Sent it in to Evolv to get a wire soldered to the 510 (I didn't have flux for SS soldering and it's only sold by the gallon for $75). My 5 Silos (2 DNA250 1300, DNA200 900, 2 DNA75 900) have been rock solid for a few months now.

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
Can you post a screenshot of Device Monitor with the 200 plugged in?

Here ya go.
screenshot.jpg

Reactions: Eskie

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
Sorry I can't read the numbers.... tried to zoom in and it just blurs the numbers....but it looks kinda like your pack voltage is 4.?? volts and cell volts each around 1.5 volts.... way too low to be able to charge... you might try running "Perform USB Recovery Charging" from the Tools>Diagnostic tab in EScribe...may take a while and several tries to bring your Pack back.... if it doesn't come back then replace the pack....thinkin' that is why you cant charge the pack normally....

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
Sorry I can't read the numbers.... tried to zoom in and it just blurs the numbers....but it looks kinda like your pack voltage is 4.?? volts and cell volts each around 1.5 volts.... way too low to be able to charge... you might try running "Perform USB Recovery Charging" from the Tools>Diagnostic tab in EScribe...may take a while and several tries to bring your Pack back.... if it doesn't come back then replace the pack....thinkin' that is why you cant charge the pack normally....

Tried hard reboot, soft reboot, firmware upgrade, battery recovery and loading a fresh .csv for 900mah Lipos.
Still, Escribe DM reads all three cells but will not charge. Battery voltage continues to fall. Also, no charge indicator showing on mod even when running usb recovery charging.
Time for an Evolve trouble ticket I guess. How long is the warranty for Evolve DNAs?

Last edited:

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
Tried hard reboot, soft reboot, firmware upgrade, battery recovery and loading a fresh .csv for 900mah Lipos.
Still, Escribe DM reads all three cells but will not charge. Battery voltage continues to fall. Also, no charge indicator showing on mod even when running usb recovery charging.
Time for an Evolve trouble ticket I guess. How long is the warranty for Evolve DNAs?
what are your individual cell voltages? you might just need a new lipo, not a replacement board. the Fullymax 900mah 3S 11.1v might be a direct drop in replacement. evolv sells them as do a few other online hobby stores. you can still send it to evolv. they'll charge you for the lipo replacement.

or you can buy the entire dx200 battery+enclosure (they're on the pricey side)....

HotCig DX200 Battery

Hotcig DX 200 Battery | Ecig.com

Reactions: cigatron

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
what are your individual cell voltages?
1.52,1.66,1.62. Too low to charge normally. Won't charge with USB recovery now or when the cells were at 4.0v each either.
So far no one has given me a reason to suspect the battery but thanks for the links.

I have a friend that flies rc airplanes with lipos. He may be able to see if the battery will charge normally on his gear. I'm not buying anything or sending the board back until I know which is bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread