Exclusively for Drippers cart users don't bother

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfw2003

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
Yantis, Texas
www.4x4mayhem.com
yea I hated those 510 wide band mesh atties. I always had problems with those. For some reason I can only get about a week of good vapor with those and then total vapor loss.

Oh and Joye 510 atties suck as well (major leaking issues). I found some really good regular 510 atties at electronicsticks in ECF that really work well. They leak but very little and if you take out the mesh before using them it makes a difference as well.

Really I've never had an issue with leaking Joye Brand atties, Then again I never drip more then 4 drops at a time from my bottle. That is all I will use for 510's right now as they give the best overall vaping exp for me so far with the nice low 2.0 to 2.1 ohm resistance on avg for the ones I get. I haven't gotten any of the LR atty's yet because even given 1.5 ohms as stated at the standard voltage it will be less performance the true Joye's that I've been getting at 5 volts.

R.F.

grimmer255

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
somewhere out there......
yea the joye 510 attie hit well, but mine always leaked...some were okay but mostly not so good. Its luck of the draw really. They pump those atties out of those factories so quickly, its really hard to keep QC.

Yea if you already use 5v and love it there is no since trying the LR 510 atties. My thing is I just dont have time or patients to keep track which batteries are in pairs and testing them on and off chargers and testing them under load.

Now if they came out with a single 5v battery or 6v battery I would then jump on that wagon in a heart beat. :)

Bella Chic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2009
Southeast Texas
Thank you so much for posting this grimmer :) I'm actually kinda proud of myself, I did it and didn't break anything. I did it with the 510's that have the washer on the inside and flung the lil metal piece that hold the bridge across the room some were. My friend and I were laughing cause we heard it ping on the wood floor, LMAO!!! Any way, this is pretty darn awesome. I would have never thought. I will have to try this out on a brand new one and see how that goes...I'm a lil scared doing that but if I did it with some used ones I figure I can do it on a new one too. Thanks again for posting that and thanks to the gentleman who made the video :)

rfw2003

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
Yantis, Texas
www.4x4mayhem.com
You got a point there with the 5v, it would be nice if there was a single battery maybe one day one of the Mod suppliers will start using a battery pack (instead of individual cells since that is what higher voltage batteries really are) to make their 5v/6v devices.

I may jump on the LR bandwagon once I get to try some of the Pen style ones that I know are coming to one supplier to see if they are similar to the BE112's if so then it will be perfect for one of the devices I just bought from another person.

R.F.

grimmer255

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
Thank you so much for posting this grimmer :) I'm actually kinda proud of myself, I did it and didn't break anything. I did it with the 510's that have the washer on the inside and flung the lil metal piece that hold the bridge across the room some were. My friend and I were laughing cause we heard it ping on the wood floor, LMAO!!! Any way, this is pretty darn awesome. I would have never thought. I will have to try this out on a brand new one and see how that goes...I'm a lil scared doing that but if I did it with some used ones I figure I can do it on a new one too. Thanks again for posting that and thanks to the gentleman who made the video :)

lol did you find it yet? And you are so welcome :).... The first time I took out the mesh I was a little to hard on the mesh and pulled up a little on the whole core. But I kept going anyway taking out the mesh. Then put it in my S6 and it fired up. Thank God because I did it on my only brand new 510 left (what was I thinking). Luckly I made an order the day before seeing this video. But still I got lucky on not pulling any wires lose... but once I got it down, I can clean out a mesh in less than 20 secs.

grimmer255

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
You got a point there with the 5v, it would be nice if there was a single battery maybe one day one of the Mod suppliers will start using a battery pack (instead of individual cells since that is what higher voltage batteries really are) to make their 5v/6v devices.

I may jump on the LR bandwagon once I get to try some of the Pen style ones that I know are coming to one supplier to see if they are similar to the BE112's if so then it will be perfect for one of the devices I just bought from another person.

R.F.

that is actually not a bad idea with battery packs. You never know, the demand may call for it or they just might come out with an all new hv battery to take its place.

rfw2003

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
Yantis, Texas
www.4x4mayhem.com
Jeesh I posted way to much tonight. I come on here in between study breaks lol... pulling an all nighter. I have a huge test in Unix tomorrow well today actually lol... looks like its time to take a 5 hour...lol

LOL, All nighters are always fun. Linux/Unix is fairly easy it's not that hard once your broken of the backwards ways of the winblows world. :p

grimmer255

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
LOL, All nighters are always fun. Linux/Unix is fairly easy it's not that hard once your broken of the backwards ways of the winblows world. :p

lol yep thats the problem I keep mixing up windows with Unix... So I'm trying to break that issue tonight... :)

LOL the guys who wrote these commands obviously did not like typing, but then again back in the 60's those commands made life a little easier considering there was no mouse and half or less the keys we have now. :) Our professor loves Linux/Unix and man is he good at it. He did a lot of it back it in the 60's and up until now.

Last edited:

Sevenchan

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2009
Tokyo
yea I hated those 510 wide band mesh atties. I always had problems with those. For some reason I can only get about a week of good vapor with those and then total vapor loss.

Oh and Joye 510 atties suck as well (major leaking issues). I found some really good regular 510 atties at electronicsticks in ECF that really work well. They leak but very little and if you take out the mesh before using them it makes a difference as well.

Now that is a tip I can really use. I have been looking for a source for good 510 atomizers for ages. Thanks a million Grimmer :wub:

Bella Chic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2009
Southeast Texas
lol did you find it yet? And you are so welcome :).... The first time I took out the mesh I was a little to hard on the mesh and pulled up a little on the whole core. But I kept going anyway taking out the mesh. Then put it in my S6 and it fired up. Thank God because I did it on my only brand new 510 left (what was I thinking). Luckly I made an order the day before seeing this video. But still I got lucky on not pulling any wires lose... but once I got it down, I can clean out a mesh in less than 20 secs.

LOL, nope still have not found it, we had a good laugh though. At least you had made an order the day before. 20 seconds, whew, now that's fast. I have 1 brand new 510 and I'm a lil hesitant to debridge it, but I probably will cause it's kinda driving me crazy wanting to see what a new debridged 510 is like, lol...we shall see.

mre5674

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2009
Lala Land
Cudos to Belle Luce!

I can't get that damn washer out to save my life ; ( Oh well killed one with the washer just out of sport...well that and lack of patience ; ) GRIMMER!!! Thanks for this post! Definitely the leftover crap! What I can't understand, is that if we're paying upwards of $12 for these HV & LV atties...they're ONLY for drippers! If the suppliers are THAT active in the construction details, then why not have these come from the factory without the wick?! I'm waiting on my IMR batts. to arrive to try out these LR atties (NO WICK READY). BUT, I just pulled out the wicks on my 4.8ohm measured HV 510's that I just received from Drew along with my LR's, and WOW...just WOW. I am using these exclusively on a custom 7.5v Passthru I made for my GGTS and I was Vaping away while I stumbled on this Post last night. This morning I took out all the wicks (3 x LR & 3 x HV). The one I had been using for most all of yesterday, well that wick came out black as a raisin...I DON'T GET IT???? Aren't these mods with specs. designated by the suppliers? Isn't this why they are "justifying" the higher cost...Hand made yada yada...Well WHATEVER! Thank you Grimmer, and thank you to that genius who made the video!!!!!

Best to everyone - Mr.e

redrhino

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NY,CA,FL
Yeah, the suppliers claim everything and anything these days it seems to me lately....
But from my prospective all they are doing is driving the cost of items up......Justification Cost would be nice, since all these suppliers are claiming that the Atty's are Hand made.......I would love to see a supplier come out and let us Consumers know why we are paying such high Costs on these supposedly hand made HV or LR atty's....

Just My 2 Cents Worth....

grimmer255

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
LOL, nope still have not found it, we had a good laugh though. At least you had made an order the day before. 20 seconds, whew, now that's fast. I have 1 brand new 510 and I'm a lil hesitant to debridge it, but I probably will cause it's kinda driving me crazy wanting to see what a new debridged 510 is like, lol...we shall see.

lol i hope you find them. I got really good with practicing on old 510 atties... to get use to them.

here ya go 510 TORNADO 1.5 ohm Low Resistance Atomizers ... if look under tornado accessories you will find them here ---> LR 510 1.5ohm TORNADO-Accessories / Totally Wicked eLiquid / electronic cigarette eliquid nicotine fluid products

mre5674

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2009
Lala Land
GRIMMER!!! You've done it again!!! Thank you...Just bought 3 more @ T.W. (as I frigin' spent $12.99 x 3 a couple days ago).

Has anybody tried pulling the bridge off the LR's yet on a IMR Low Drain 18650?!?!?!

I did it to one, but I'm still waiting on my batts...I MIGHT have pierced the coil, but it still shows a read on my multimeter...I'll let you guys know as soon as the batts. arrive...nonetheless I've de-wicked the 2 other LR's, so we'll see how those go...

Best - Mr.e

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread