Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Except you can't vape in a bar in Commiefornia, where Zoid lives, right?

I don't go to Bars anymore. But of the People I know who do say if you keep things on the Down Low, and Aren't making a Scene, that Vaping isn't too much of a Problem.

BTW - I like the Term... The People Republic of Kalifornia over Commiefornia.

;)

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
lol, just tell em ... you're with Zoidman :cool:

"Never Mind you Name, just give us your Number.
Hmmm Umm
Never Mind you Face, just show us your Card.
Hmmm Umm
And we want to Know who's Wing are you Under?
You Better Step to the Right or we can Make it Hard."

RIP Glenn

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Possibly?

Are we talking about the same FDA that this Forum has 1,000's and 1,000's of Threads say'n how the FDA is out to get us? And the same FDA who tried to Ban All e-Cigarettes back in 2009? That FDA?

Don't really Care about Genies in Bottles. Just saying that I think it is kinda Silly to think that the FDA would allow Mech Mods to be Sold.

The FDA isn't out to get us, they're out to get paid.

If the FDA wanted to stop vaping they would have simply banned liquid nicotine.
That would have been checkmate. All mods would instantly become paperweights. All at the simple cost of ink on paper.

The FDA is corrupt, but not unlimited in their powers.

The FDA can't regulate flashlights.
They can regulate how they are marketed and sold as e cigs, but they can't stop the sales of flashlights, nor will they come to your home to get them.

Reactions: EBates

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
If?

Does anyone Really Believe that Mech Mods will be allowed to be sold once the FDA Regulates the e-Cigarette Market?

I used mech mods exclusively for around two years and I'm very comfortable with them. My Reo Grand is still my preferred mod for out and about, specially if I want the mod to be tough and dependable not just convenient in the car.

I agree with you though, there isn't much of a future for them in a regulated environment. There is just too much risk involved for uneducated consumers in our society. It wouldn't be much of a loss in the big picture if that's the way it goes but I'm happy I'm stocked up on mech mods and that they are pretty easy to make ourselves.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
I agree with you though, there isn't much of a future for them in a regulated environment. There is just too much risk involved for uneducated consumers in our society. It wouldn't be much of a loss in the big picture if that's the way it goes but I'm happy I'm stocked up on mech mods and that they are pretty easy to make ourselves.

The uneducated user presents the risk.
Not the device.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
I've said this before and I'll say it again. Vendors should, voluntarily, stop selling unregulated mods. For the good of vaping. Of course the usual suspects will be along to accuse me of calling for a ban.
Then buyers should voluntarily stop wanting them.
They learned about them wherever they bought them. A the person behind the counter said "ok here ya go". "Have this battery to go with it". "It's super cheap".
No,they seen there bro chucking huge clouds. Now they want to with something bigger and badder than their bro's.
regards
Mike

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
The FDA isn't out to get us, they're out to get paid.

If the FDA wanted to stop vaping they would have simply banned liquid nicotine.
That would have been checkmate. All mods would instantly become paperweights. All at the simple cost of ink on paper.

The FDA is corrupt, but not unlimited in their powers.

The FDA can't regulate flashlights.
They can regulate how they are marketed and sold as e cigs, but they can't stop the sales of flashlights, nor will they come to your home to get them.

You kinda All over the place ninja.

1st - The FDA Can't Ban the Recreational use of Tobacco Products. Nor Eliminate an Entire segment of the Tobacco Market. So the Double Edged Sword is that when e-Liquids that contain Nicotine are Deemed a Tobacco Product, they will become Un-Bannable. Funny how that works.

2nd - Mech Mods aren't Flashlights.

3rd - No One said that the FDA is going to come into Anyone's Home to Seize something. That just kinda sounds like FUD laced with Hype Frosting.

4th - Who say's the Current FDA (or Anyone who matters) wants to Ban Vaping? Because you Can't Tax what Isn't being Sold. They Don't want to Ban Vaping. They just want to Change who can Sell e-Cigarettes and e-Liquids. And How and in what form these e-Cigarettes and e-Liquids are in. And this is what is Going to Devastate the e-Cigarette Market as we know it.

The Long and the Short of it is if Someone is Into Mech Mods, I would think that they would be Wise to Stock Up on what they think they will Need.

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
Completely a troll IMHO given some of the responses but, I'll bite. ....... This is why we can't have nice things.Freaking "everyone gets a trophy generation", the reason why "jug-handles"were created so people didn't have to make left turns.

Where do think vaping started? It's funny because when all there was was unregulated/mechanical and SS mesh wicked Genisis attys were popular you had to make an effort to learn about things to be safe. Educate yourself on safe batteries,ohms law, warnings, test before trying,ohm meter. You hardly ever heard of battery venting. You read threads, posts, and asked questions. It's amazing with SO much information available literally at our finger tips that people simply refuse to educate themselves. It's embarrassing really.

I vape exclusively mechanical. It's more reliable. I can fix just about anything that goes wrong with the mod with basic tools. Simply put, I don't trust switches,PCBs, wiring, soldering, buttons all while away from home and I don't want to carry a backup device because it's a PITA. Having a regulated fail on you away from home leaves you up the creek. Been there. I load up my Custom Classic(8ml/18650) or REO grand(6ml/18650) and I'm more than set for the next 18 hours and then some.

Running parallel doubles your chances of issues. I don't do it but, if I started I'd read up on it before I did...

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Today some people want it all but aren't willing to do any work to get it.

People want the cool looking mod. They want the Cloudz... They just aren't willing to do the very simple research required to do it safely.

Laziness.

You kinda All over the place ninja.

1st - The FDA Can't Ban the Recreational use of Tobacco Products. Nor Eliminate an Entire segment of the Tobacco Market. So the Double Edged Sword is that when e-Liquids that contain Nicotine are Deemed a Tobacco Product, they will become Un-Bannable. Funny how that works.

2nd - Mech Mods aren't Flashlights.

3rd - No One said that the FDA is going to come into Anyone's Home to Seize something. That just kinda sounds like FUD laced with Hype Frosting.

4th - Who say's the Current FDA (or Anyone who matters) wants to Ban Vaping? Because you Can't Tax what Isn't being Sold. They Don't want to Ban Vaping. They just want to Change who can Sell e-Cigarettes and e-Liquids. And How and in what form these e-Cigarettes and e-Liquids are in. And this is what is Going to Devastate the e-Cigarette Market as we know it.

The Long and the Short of it is if Someone is Into Mech Mods, I would think that they would be Wise to Stock Up on what they think they will Need.

You gotta keep up.

1. Yes. That's my point.

2. Yes, by design they are. Modified to accept an atomizer instead of a bulb.
That's why we call them mods. The FDA cannot regulate a flashlight.

3. That's exactly what I said.

4. See number 1.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
But rest assured mechanicals aren't going anywhere.
The genie isn't going back in the bottle. Those days are gone.
I think people are about done giving up freedoms to protect the dumb.
I was wondering. If the FDA comes down on the hardware real hard,what
will be the distinction between store bought or homemade? A only for sale
clause?
Mike

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Thanks for this suprtrkr :)
Any time. Lesson #2: The two types are N-channel and P-channel. They differ in the way the silicon wafer is laid up and it is not important for you to understand this immediately. N-chan is "on" when the gate is high (+voltage) and off when the gate is low (0 or -voltage depending on the circuit.) P-chan works the other way. N-Chan is for "low side switching," that is the MOSFET is placed between the atomizer connection and battery return. P-Chan is for "high side switching," meaning the MOSFET is placed between battery power and the atomizer. P-Chan MOSFETs-- all P-chan transistors of any type-- require a tiny "maintenance current" to keep them turned off because the gate has to be high to stop the source-drain current. In mod work, and in many other types of circuits, to prevent gate voltage from "floating" and thus turning on accidentally, a moderately high value resistor-- 15kΩ or thereabouts-- is placed between two of the legs of the MOSFET to "pull" the gate voltage, making sure the source-drain path stays in the off state. A N-Chan uses a "pulldown" resistor. A P-Chan uses a "pullup" resistor. They are the same resistor, and doing the same job. The name changes depending on which direction it is pulling gate voltage. If you want a deeper dive in the weeds-- doubtful :) -- talk to @Mooch or one of our other EEs, or head over into the Modder's Forum. I'm just a tyro at this, lol.

mauricem00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2015
carson city nevada
If?

Does anyone Really Believe that Mech Mods will be allowed to be sold once the FDA Regulates the e-Cigarette Market?
well they can stop B&Ms from selling them but they can't stop people from buying them from china. congress was force to repeal a law requiring country of origin labels on meat by the WTO. so it will be very hard for them to stop us from buying what we want from china in this global economy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread